UK - 39 bodies found in lorry, Essex, 23 October 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking like an Irish people-smuggling ring. Hopefully it busts a much larger operation.

I think Mo is just the tip of the iceberg and certainly not anywhere near the mastermind. He quite possibly had the "easiest" part of the route - collect trailer, drive off, let everyone out. A nice wad of cash for a short hours work.

HKP meant there have been no charges yet in relation to the Mahers. So far we have 5 arrests and 1 person charged.
Watch this space though!

I'm confused on Eamon Harrison. Is this right? He is arrested on these suspicion of trafficking, money laundering, manslaughter related to the 39 deaths. But also there was at least one outstanding warrant which is why he's denied bail, that warrant? Also, I read beer smuggling accusations against him. Odd. Eh?

I think Mo is just the tip of the iceberg and certainly not anywhere near the mastermind. He quite possibly had the "easiest" part of the route - collect trailer, drive off, let everyone out. A nice wad of cash for a short hours work.

Any idea what Mo would have earned for this (and possibly other) trips like this?

I'm confused on Eamon Harrison. Is this right? He is arrested on these suspicion of trafficking, money laundering, manslaughter related to the 39 deaths. But also there was at least one outstanding warrant which is why he's denied bail, that warrant? Also, I read beer smuggling accusations against him. Odd. Eh?

No these are Mo's charges.

I think it's just an excuse for the Gardai to hold him until Essex police can interview him.

Just had a look at the accounts of Thomas Maher Transport Ltd, they took shareholders funds of around £6K in their first year and then in their second their takings shot up to £91k.

The cessation was just used to change the address to his accountants. he is still the main person with control.

The offices of Watkinson Black, their accountants, was raided too. Could just be because that's the address the business was registered to, or they could have been moving cash for the network.
Warrington couple arrested over Essex death truck tragedy

It seems very likely many (if not all) of the 39 died before even reaching England. Several were in early stages of rigor mortis which takes at least a couple of hours to set in.

I think given that Mo has been charged with manslaughter and a huge trafficking ring is about to get busted, that he was meant to open the doors to release the 39 safely and had done it before in the same truck via the same port and in the same place. My opinion only.

If this was the drop off point, there would definitely have been other people present to meet them. People who’d fronted the money to take them to ‘jobs’ (or modern slavery), etc. If so, presumably these vehicles would be traceable via CCTV.

The cessation was just used to change the address to his accountants. he is still the main person with control.

The only address change I can see is the one made in March 2018 and accounts have been done with this address since then. This address is the same as the registered address for the salon on Manchester Road.

The cessation in Feb 2019 says ‘Notice of ceasing to be a person in significant control.’

Last edited:
The only address change I can see is the one made in March 2018 and accounts have been done with this address since then. This address is the same as the registered address for the salon on Manchester Road.

The cessation in Feb 2019 says ‘Notice of ceasing to be a person in significant control.’
When the confirmation statement was filled the shareholder address was changed to "110 Epping Drive, Woolston, Warrington, United Kingdom, WA1 4QN

Just had a look at the accounts of Thomas Maher Transport Ltd, they took shareholders funds of around £6K in their first year and then in their second their takings shot up to £91k.
The company also had trade creditors of 144k for 2018. Seems a bit high to me.

Also the accounts for 2019 are due by Oct 30. Will be surprised if they make the deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaLegend71