UK - 39 bodies found in lorry, Essex, 23 October 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole thing is utterly tragic to me. These poor desperate people, think they're coming to the promised land to save their families back home and the reality is if they're LUCKY (and survive the trip) they get to work in nail bars, as potwash or picking bloody cockles. Someone upthread made a comment about disease control. They're not animals, needing quarantine!! We don't check tourists for disease, do we?

They're completely dehumanised, "cargo". Thank God that Essex police are focusing on their dignity and in death they will be treated with respect and care.

Meanwhile, some greedy little bunch buy bigger houses, flashy cars and pimp up their cabs.

:mad:
Well said Hong Kong Phooey as I’m quite appalled by some of the ignorance shown ( not necessarily on WS but in general) and the fact that I am hearing and reading comments as though these 39 are totally dehumanised. It’s very unsettling.
The thought that these poor souls who have either paid up front ( I guesstimate virtually none have) or are expected to arrive and be worked to death in order to pay off the debt which in reality will never be fully paid and they will never receive their passports back which is their only form of ID to get anywhere in terms of process and procedures in the UK so essentially they become prisoners/slaves for life , if and only if they make it to these shores alive ! The greed of these human traffickers and their total disregard for the sanctity of life is abhorrent IMOO
In relation to any criminal case in the UK where there are funds believed to have originated from crime or criminal activities, a proceeds of crime forfeiture order is immediate applied for and the UK police are very successful in recouping money derived from the proceeds of crime so I very much doubt his wife will keep possession of their home and trappings of success irrespective of wether she knew where the funds came from. Ignorance is no defence. Manslaughter is generally given a sentence around 5-7 years however this is a political hot potato and there are 39 deaths and let us not forget that they would have died an agonising death. . So the circumstances in themselves will elevate the sentence but it still can only be given a mandatory sentence within the parameters set and in my many many years as a senior investigative detective officer, I have never seen a life sentence being given for manslaughter. Even murderers with life tariffs in prison as a recommendation, even they are given a minimum term to serve and other than the well known murderers of the 19/20/21st century in the UK, ( Brady, Hindley, the West’s, etc ), a life sentence can be given a tariff of 12/14 years. So it will be very interesting to see what actually happens from here on in. And unlike the USA, we now have a shot at double jeopardy , meaning that they can be charged with the offence and go to trial on more than one occasion providing that further evidence comes to light and our powers of arrest are a much less standard of proof than the USA because we can arrest on suspicion or belief and then we build our case through the questioning of a suspect to obtain and preserve evidence and we then build on any forensic evidence or witnesses testimony and forensic evidence and documentary evidence and CCTV... and we can charge and indict all whilst still obtaining evidence and corroboration of that evidence. So personally I anticipate more arrests and this tangled web that has been woven will disintegrate and many bad apples will fall from the tree and quite rightly they will ( hopefully) be prosecuted even if it’s conspiracy or joint enterprise and will be punished accordingly and asset stripped!
All JMOO

If i remember rightly hitthenick (maybe thats his name) lives by them and said there cars were rented, just mentioning as people were adding up there worth, he also added they were very respected ppl within the community so people must know a bit about them.
Does he have any updates? And has anyone found any info on if they have nail salons etc.
Vietnamese are notorious for being smuggled for weed farming also so maybe they have ties to this which would explain all the vans and dogs etc (just a thought) all MOO

Hello all!

I've been following this in the news. I'm so interested because this is so heartbreaking. I feel for those families who have lost someone. Those people were just trying to help their families. :( Some of them possibly so young, they've barely lived their lives. And can you imagine a worse way to die? In a filled up truck with strangers, freezing and running out of air? :(

I have gone through the entire thread this morning but there is a lot of information so please forgive me if I'm going to ask something this is stupid or has been addressed already, I really did try!

- What are the practicals here in terms of how they died? For instance, if this is a trafficking scheme, these traffickers have done this so many times surely. So why did this truck in particular run out of air? Were they in there for longer than usual for some reason? Or does the lack of air have to do with the cold temperature inside? Is the cold temperature really even relevant to their deaths?

- I'm sure the police are not releasing information, and for good reason! But is it reasonable to assume that both Mo and the others arrested absolutely knew something about people being in the truck? Or would the police just slap on cuffs to anyone who interacted at all with the truck? Is this information we'll simply have to wait for?

Thank you all!
The way I understand it is that a refrigerated unit is vacuum sealed and therefore there will be no air circulation so how they managed to get oxygen in for them to survive their journey I don’t know????
The police can arrest anyone that they feel is justified under ECHR and whom they suspect or believe to be responsible for the offences or involved in the commission of the offences and then you have conspiracy whereby two people or more make an agreement to carry out a crime and then there’s joint enterprise which basically can be a trawling exercise whereby anybody involved and there present at the time or even just aware of the plans etc can be charged as though they were/are the main offender. X

When the confirmation statement was filled the shareholder address was changed to "110 Epping Drive, Woolston, Warrington, United Kingdom, WA1 4QN

Epping Drive was first listed in 2017? I don’t see his new address listed? Only the accountants address.

In March 2018 he was listed as having significant control.

The cessation in Feb 2019 says ‘Notice of ceasing to be a person in significant control’ - What does that mean?

Epping Drive was first listed in 2017? I don’t see his new address listed? Only the accountants address.

In March 2018 he was listed as having significant control.

The cessation in Feb 2019 says ‘Notice of ceasing to be a person in significant control’ - What does that mean?

The 'Persons with significant control' section on Companies House has him in two entries, one active from 110 Epping Drive and the cessation in Feb 2019 was from the address of Watkinson Black accountants. His reasons for doing so I don't 100% get, seems like it might be a him wanting another correspondence address, but he still is listed as a person with significant control, owning '75% or more' of shares.
maherthomas.png

Last edited:
My hunch is that following old cases may have links to same human traffickers. Linh Le may be able to provide more information.

One male victim was already in Germany, got laid off, and asked his wife for $12,000 for the trip to UK. I will link to the best news article later, with other likely victims.

Aug 6 Recovered/Located - UK - Linh Le, 15, visitor from Vietnam, separated from tour group, York, 6 Aug 2019

Aug 2 Germany - Leipzig, Aug 6th 2019 - Unknown Male died in Hospital, *possibly English speaking*
Beautiful avatar!

Bit more in TMT Limited. But looks like that business stopped in February due to his ‘cessation’?

Well ther certainly seem to be a lot of changes going on with the suspects companies!

I'm confused on Eamon Harrison. Is this right? He is arrested on these suspicion of trafficking, money laundering, manslaughter related to the 39 deaths. But also there was at least one outstanding warrant which is why he's denied bail, that warrant? Also, I read beer smuggling accusations against him. Odd. Eh?

EH was arrested on an outstanding warrant for assault and criminal damage.

Last edited:
27 October 2019

Essex lorry deaths: Anguish in Vietnam for families of missing

Families in Vietnam are enduring an agonising wait to find out if their loved ones were among 39 people found dead inside a lorry trailer.

Church services for missing relatives - including a 19-year-old woman - have been held in the country.

Meanwhile, the police investigation continues, and a man is due to appear in court on Monday.

Anguish for Vietnam families over trailer deaths

Essex lorry deaths: Anguish in Vietnam for families of missing

'A representative of VietHome - a website for Vietnamese people in the UK - said it has passed on the pictures of almost 20 people who have been reported missing to detectives.,'

Didn't EP imply not all the victims were Vietnamese? Wondering if there are other nationalities involved.

If i remember rightly hitthenick (maybe thats his name) lives by them and said there cars were rented, just mentioning as people were adding up there worth, he also added they were very respected ppl within the community so people must know a bit about them.
Does he have any updates? And has anyone found any info on if they have nail salons etc.
Vietnamese are notorious for being smuggled for weed farming also so maybe they have ties to this which would explain all the vans and dogs etc (just a thought) all MOO

For me this only holds up if they changed their cars on the regular. Otherwise in their position this appears to be a plausible explanation to anyone asking questions.

27 October 2019:

Police seize three cars with personalised number plates including a Chevrolet Corvette from Irish haulage boss who is being quizzed over 39 migrant deaths

Police yesterday seized cars belonging to an Irish haulage boss and his wife who are being quizzed by detectives over the deaths of 39 migrants.

The vehicles – a white Chevrolet Corvette, grey Range Rover Sport and Discovery Sport with personalised number plates, and a Kawasaki motor bike – are owned by Thomas and Joanna Maher, both 38.

[...]

It is understood the cars and bike will undergo forensic examination at an undisclosed location.

Essex migrants death suspects have vehicles seized | Daily Mail Online

More:

Neighbours said they moved into the four-bedroomed home two years ago and described them as a ‘nice and normal’ couple.

Friends said they liked to treat their children, aged 18, 12 and ten, to family holidays in Mexico and Jamaica.

‘They work hard and moan about Brexit non-stop, like most business people,’ said one. ‘They’ve been very worried about the possible effect on the haulage business.’

The friend said the family are avid Manchester United fans and regularly go to games. They added: ‘It’s the children I feel sorry for now. They’ve got no other family in Warrington and I’m worried sick for them.’

27 October 2019:

Police seize three cars with personalised number plates including a Chevrolet Corvette from Irish haulage boss who is being quizzed over 39 migrant deaths

Police yesterday seized cars belonging to an Irish haulage boss and his wife who are being quizzed by detectives over the deaths of 39 migrants.

The vehicles – a white Chevrolet Corvette, grey Range Rover Sport and Discovery Sport with personalised number plates, and a Kawasaki motor bike – are owned by Thomas and Joanna Maher, both 38.

[...]

It is understood the cars and bike will undergo forensic examination at an undisclosed location.

Because you would put a personal plate on a hire car.

In my experience, people that have expensive cars but live in 'normal' houses are up to no good. JMO

Do we have the MSM link that says the police flew MOs parents over .... im still trying to work out why they would do this , unless 1) it’s bad reporting and they flew over on their own accord to be near him and his solicitor 2) it’s such a rare case that the police did use them to help coax out info from Mo

What gave him away was that he opened the trailer, breaking the seal. Drivers are not supposed to do that. Big red flag.

I hope his pregnant partner and her babies are well supported by friends and family, and the community. She will now have to bring the twins up without their father. Her life and heart must be shattered. (Assuming she is innocent in all of this.)

I am still not happy with the "seal" thing..... I think there is confusion ...

Seal could be hermetic ... door not allowing air through

or something applied by driver -his own lock to prevent unauthorised access to a locked trailer (or container) I refer back to my earlier post of Defence Force guidelines

or a mechanism applied by someone in authority to try to guarantee the security of the cargo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaLegend71