Found Deceased UK - Adrian Lynch, 20, St Lawrence, Jersey, 5 Dec 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I live on the island next door to Jersey (Guernsey) and we are all baffled as to why Adrian has not been found yet. It is highly highly improbable that if Adrian has had an accident that he hasn't been found yet. These islands are densely populated, small with close communities. I think we can be relatively sure that all residents will have checked their properties in the areas where Adrian was last seen. Myself and others are starting to suspect that foul play may be the reason for his disappearance. (MOO)

I live on the island next door to Jersey (Guernsey) and we are all baffled as to why Adrian has not been found yet. It is highly highly improbable that if Adrian has had an accident that he hasn't been found yet. These islands are densely populated, small with close communities. I think we can be relatively sure that all residents will have checked their properties in the areas where Adrian was last seen. Myself and others are starting to suspect that foul play may be the reason for his disappearance. (MOO)

I have wondered this too, Ellie. How else can a body be hidden in an area like that?

And then there's suicide... but again, easily found? I dunno, it's a strange one. I really hope everyone has pulled the stops out to check their properties thoroughly..

The most likely scenario initially is/was that he curled up in a shed or found some shelter and died of hypothermia - has it been cold enough down that neck of the woods?

I'm still not clear on the Bon Air stables part of this, the address (and where google places it on maps) is way further south than any of the other sightings. The site where ITV showed it on their map a few posts up would make more sense. I would love this to be clarified.

It's it true that along with his cell phone and wallet they found his belt too I'm sure I read that in one of the articles if so - a phone and wallet can easily be dropped if your drunk - why take of your belt? :thinking:

I have wondered this too, Ellie. How else can a body be hidden in an area like that?

And then there's suicide... but again, easily found? I dunno, it's a strange one. I really hope everyone has pulled the stops out to check their properties thoroughly..

The most likely scenario initially is/was that he curled up in a shed or found some shelter and died of hypothermia - has it been cold enough down that neck of the woods?

I'm still not clear on the Bon Air stables part of this, the address (and where google places it on maps) is way further south than any of the other sightings. The site where ITV showed it on their map a few posts up would make more sense. I would love this to be clarified.

Bon air stables are on La Grande route de St Laurent, a road which connects to Carrefour Selous. You can zoom in on this map for road names.

http://www.jersey.com/english/discoverjersey/mapping/pages/islandmap.aspx

Forgot to say CoverMeCagney, that yes, it would be cold enough to catch hypothermia, taking into account the clothes Adrian was wearing.

It's it true that along with his cell phone and wallet they found his belt too I'm sure I read that in one of the articles if so - a phone and wallet can easily be dropped if your drunk - why take of your belt? :thinking:

I have heard mention of a belt being found but I am not sure that this info has come from police (I shall try and look into that), they have confirmed that they found his phone and wallet close to where the taxi dropped him off.

Well this is an odd and unsettling one isn't it ... I'm not really considering suicide. You'd think that if he'd had some tragic accident while drunk and alone in the middle of the night that he'd be found relatively easily ... i've seen it reported that he may have been knocking on doors? And no one answered? Stuck a head of the window to say 'what the heck are you doing doing banging on my door at silly o'clock' ... I dont know an awful lot about Jersey but believe the crime rate is below average but that's not to say that this couldn't be the case. After having a look on Google earth it looks to be very green!

That map shows Bon Air stables to be somewhere different to where google says it is. (opp direction).

EDIT pretty sure the ITV map is wrong as the Bon Air stables are further south, unless Bon Air have changed premises recently

I've also remembered from school French that carrefour is the word for crossroads. For those here who might not know, even though Jersey is part of the UK it is much nearer to France and most of the place names are a variation of French. So Selous Carrefour might just mean he was dropped at the main junction of the village and not specifically the health club.

Hi everyone.

I've not been on here for a couple of weeks, but have been following this case, as I'm from Jersey originally - lived there for over 25 years and I have family still there. To confirm, Carefour Salous is the name of an area/place.

It is very rare for any harm to come to people in Jersey, although violence has increased since I left 15 year or so years ago. However, murders are highly unusual and the few that have occurred have been domestic incidents (think of the Newall brothers - parents killed and bodies hidden, and more recently the case of a Polish man who stabbed his wife, children and family friends to death during a psychiatric episode).

In my opinion, I think this will turn out to be an accident. I'd would be very surprised if it was foul play, but I guess bad things can happen anywhere. Jersey is a small island, and obviously its pretty hard to flee from the scene. If anyone did suddenly move to the UK, it would be noticed, which I think might be one reason that certain crimes don't occur so often. Despite the population being around 100,000 people now, I think its still a case of "everyone knows everyone".

The obvious dangers are the sea, but Jersey does have a few reservoirs, and areas of pretty thick vegetation where someone could get lost. Also there are the cliff paths and it would be easy to stumble from one of those into the sea or the rocks below - although he'd have had a bit of a walk to get to the coast. A lot of the roads are surrounded by trees and bushes, and there are also valleys in Jersey which are pretty dense.

Drug issues seem to be on the increase over there and are readily available. One young lad (16?) died from drugs not so long ago, so perhaps this might be a factor here.

If anyone has any questions about Jersey, and various locations and so on, I'm happy to answer if i can.

Hi Rach, good to see you and thanks for the local input!

I'm still bothered by the Bon Air sighting. We've been given 2 places on maps of where it is. It seems from the address that the google site is correct (further south from carrefour Selous), but then ITV posted a map showing it further north (and nearer to where Adrian was last seen but the road name is wrong)

Can you help with that? We really need Skibaboo over here with her map prowess!

Hi Rach, good to see you and thanks for the local input!

I'm still bothered by the Bon Air sighting. We've been given 2 places on maps of where it is. It seems from the address that the google site is correct (further south from carrefour Selous), but then ITV posted a map showing it further north (and nearer to where Adrian was last seen but the road name is wrong)

Can you help with that? We really need Skibaboo over here with her map prowess!

This is a very detailed map of Jersey. 03 is St Lawrence.

https://www.jersey.com/Documents/Maps/Map%20of%20Jersey.pdf

The index on page 5 should help you locate each area relevant to the search. Bon Air is in square E2 and Careforre Salous is in square E2-E3.

Hope that helps.

I've spoken to my mum and she said that there are suspicions in Jersey that people think that he might have been hit by a car and the driver panicked and dumped the body. People wondering if it has been put in the sea. Apparently police dogs followed a trail, presumably his, and it just ended abruptly. That came from someone who has helped with the search. The searches have been very thorough by the public, and areas outside of the search area have been visited. People just can't understand how he hasn't been found yet, if he was still in the area where he was last seen.

Locals aren't thinking murder/foul play but maybe an accident which has been covered up due to panic.

I've spoken to my mum and she said that there are suspicions in Jersey that people think that he might have been hit by a car and the driver panicked and dumped the body. People wondering if it has been put in the sea. Apparently police dogs followed a trail, presumably his, and it just ended abruptly. That came from someone who has helped with the search.

Locals aren't thinking murder/foul play but maybe an accident which has been covered up due to panic.

I was looking online and can not really find any information on any other disappearances on the Jersey Island it looks it people going missing is a bit unusual for Jersey (if I am right):fence:

Interesting about the dog tracks information if that is true also if someone had an accident there would be traces of blood if he was hurt and got back up to walk for help police dogs are good at picking up traces

I've spoken to my mum and she said that there are suspicions in Jersey that people think that he might have been hit by a car and the driver panicked and dumped the body. People wondering if it has been put in the sea. Apparently police dogs followed a trail, presumably his, and it just ended abruptly. That came from someone who has helped with the search. The searches have been very thorough by the public, and areas outside of the search area have been visited. People just can't understand how he hasn't been found yet, if he was still in the area where he was last seen.

I thought this a couple of days ago and I think another poster suggested it (or maybe something I read on FB). Yes someone could have been (drink?) driving and hit him on a narrow lane, panicked and dumped the body. The sea would be the most obvious place guess, what are the tides like round there, would a body wash up in France or go into the channel? I wonder exactly where his phone and wallet were found, could that have been the site of an accident? But then his belt, why has that been removed?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back