Found Deceased UK - Adrian Lynch, 20, St Lawrence, Jersey, 5 Dec 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That's a long way (in the grand scheme of things). His mum must know something we don't to be sending searchers down a particular route and direction. I wish the police would be more specific in cases like this where a "feet on the ground" approach is needed.

From what I remember, and I didn't tend to go to the CS area, there isn't that much there, certainly not at that time of night. There would be some pubs, as Jersey is full of them - so perhaps there were regular lock ins where a regular could get in, after closing time, to carry on drinking.

For me, the logical reason to go back into town would be either to find a club that was still open, find mates who were still out, or to get a taxi as the main taxi ranks are there. However, he'd have probably been quicker to have just walked home at that point ..... so maybe there was somewhere or someone he was specifically heading to - even if that person(s) didn't know of his intentions, so wasn't aware he was planning to turn up.

That's a long way (in the grand scheme of things). His mum must know something we don't to be sending searchers down a particular route and direction. I wish the police would be more specific in cases like this where a "feet on the ground" approach is needed.

Yes I saw that post saying that Adrian's mum asked for people to search between David Hicks and town and thought it unusual myself.

yeah I wounder why his mum thinks that 5 mile radius should be searched it's been nearly a week unless there was nothing earlier in the search to suggest he was in that region

yeah I wounder why his mum thinks that 5 mile radius should be searched it's been nearly a week unless there was nothing earlier in the search to suggest he was in that region

I read reports that said he had been dropped off at CS, which was about a mile from his home, which was a regular thing he did after going out at night. So, perhaps his mum has an idea of where he would usually head to, from there. Does seem odd that he wouldn't just get the taxi all the way to his intended location, but perhaps it was a cost issue, and easier to walk the final bit?

One thing I would say (from personal experience of family members), Jersey is very, very conscious of its image - as a tourist destination and a finance centre. In the past, bad things and bad practice have been covered up. The mentality of the islanders can be very 'enclosed' and, as some posters have said on other sites, they can appear to have been 'programmed' to accept the official story, and not question things. I'm not saying anything is being covered up here, just that behind the scenes there are lots of questions and criticisms of the police search.

Its hard to explain .... its one reason I left when I did, and have never returned!

One thing I would say (from personal experience of family members), Jersey is very, very conscious of its image - as a tourist destination and a finance centre. In the past, bad things and bad practice have been covered up. The mentality of the islanders can be very 'enclosed' and, as some posters have said on other sites, they can appear to have been 'programmed' to accept the official story, and not question things. I'm not saying anything is being covered up here, just that behind the scenes there are lots of questions and criticisms of the police search.

Its hard to explain .... its one reason I left when I did, and have never returned!

As I'm from Guernsey, I know where you're coming from Rach.

Sorry to be repetitive, but with all the official searches before, and now many many people searching, I just can't believe that Adrian has not been found yet !!

Sorry to be repetitive, but with all the official searches before, and now many many people searching, I just can't believe that Adrian has not been found yet !!

I'm more and more leaning to something suspicious here, it doesn't seem to be adding up. :thinking:

I'm more and more leaning to something suspicious here, it doesn't seem to be adding up. :thinking:

But suspicious how Cags? It is very odd with so many people searching such a small island that there seems no trace of him.

It sounds like drunken hypothermia to me. If someone did something to him why would they leave his items lying around? If there was no trace of him I'd think it was more suspect.

But suspicious how Cags? It is very odd with so many people searching such a small island that there seems no trace of him.

I dunno. I quite like the "hit by a drunk driver" theory. Say it was someone who knew him or his family, someone who was drink driving and would have an awful lot to lose by admitting what had happened, someone who didn't think straight and hid the body and is now in a bigger pickle than ever. It would make a lot of sense in some ways......

.....but then there's the phone/wallet - where were they found? Were they scattered in a hedgerow or neatly placed on a wall? And the belt, again, where was that and how are they sure it's his? Is there any other DNA on it?

The options are (in no particular order):

He was drunk, cold, tired. Went into a building or sheltered area, fell asleep, died of hypothermia.
He drunkenly fell into a body of water / off a cliff / into a quarry.
He ran away, staged his own disappearance and is living it up somewhere.
He committed suicide somewhere private where nobody would find him easily.
He died because of an accident and someone is covering it up.
He was murdered and the body has been hidden.
I'll stop at alien abduction... what have I missed out?

No connection to Jersey at all, other than daughter started working as cabin crew earlier this year and in recent weeks has had several short haul trips to the island, sometimes with overnight stays, so we have been talking about it a lot recently and planning a long weekend there in the Spring. I was fascinated to discover that there are business people who commute daily to their offices in London by air. I had no idea, but thinking about it, the journey time is considerably shorter than it is for the thousands who commute back and forth daily by train from where I live on Sussex coast!

This young man's disappearance really is very strange, especially given the geography and confines of the island. My heart goes out to his parents.

Will be following the thread with interest.

It sounds like drunken hypothermia to me. If someone did something to him why would they leave his items lying around? If there was no trace of him I'd think it was more suspect.

Yeah I can see your point - but there again why has he still not been found or why have the police dogs not traced him so far if he died of drunken hypothermia which can not be ruled out -I really don't think it will be hard to track him unless he fell in a river

Yeah I can see your point - but there again why has he still not been found or why have the police dogs not traced him so far if he died of drunken hypothermia which can not be ruled out -I really don't think it will be hard to track him unless he fell in a river
It can be hard to find people sometimes. There was a student from Stirling University who went missing after a night out a few years ago. Despite a lot of searching he was only found three months later by a farmer.

I dunno. I quite like the "hit by a drunk driver" theory. Say it was someone who knew him or his family, someone who was drink driving and would have an awful lot to lose by admitting what had happened, someone who didn't think straight and hid the body and is now in a bigger pickle than ever. It would make a lot of sense in some ways......

.....but then there's the phone/wallet - where were they found? Were they scattered in a hedgerow or neatly placed on a wall? And the belt, again, where was that and how are they sure it's his? Is there any other DNA on it?

The options are (in no particular order):

He was drunk, cold, tired. Went into a building or sheltered area, fell asleep, died of hypothermia.
He drunkenly fell into a body of water / off a cliff / into a quarry.
He ran away, staged his own disappearance and is living it up somewhere.
He committed suicide somewhere private where nobody would find him easily.
He died because of an accident and someone is covering it up.
He was murdered and the body has been hidden.
I'll stop at alien abduction... what have I missed out?

has crazy has that last point may sound - I would not rule anything out wierd stuff believe or not does happened has happened ( very much doubt in this case on in Jersey though) I been reading books on the growing number of people going missing at one time I probably would said no that's no true no way - but after reading a lot at that stuff you will not see me visit a national park anytime soon :truce:

Jersey doesn't have any rivers. It has a few reservoirs and small streams, and obviously is surrounded by the sea.

Jersey doesn't have any rivers. It has a few reservoirs and small streams, and obviously is surrounded by the sea.

It looks like there are cliffs along the north coast, is that right? I wonder if they have been searched. I imagine most of Jersey is keeping their eyes out for Adrian. So strange he has not yet been found.

thanks for that info - I still believe though that if he went into the reservoirs or a small stream the police dogs should still be hable to pick up a sent even near a area where he could have accidentally fallen or jumped or chucked ( debatable ) into the sea

thanks for that info - I still believe though that if he went into the reservoirs or a small stream the police dogs should still be hable to pick up a sent
Police dogs might be able to pick up a living persons scent but submerged remains detection dogs are few and far between. I doubt Jersey would even have one.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanMichelle
Back