Found Deceased UK - Adrian Lynch, 20, St Lawrence, Jersey, 5 Dec 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've spoken to my mum and she said that there are suspicions in Jersey that people think that he might have been hit by a car and the driver panicked and dumped the body. People wondering if it has been put in the sea. Apparently police dogs followed a trail, presumably his, and it just ended abruptly. That came from someone who has helped with the search. The searches have been very thorough by the public, and areas outside of the search area have been visited. People just can't understand how he hasn't been found yet, if he was still in the area where he was last seen.

Locals aren't thinking murder/foul play but maybe an accident which has been covered up due to panic.
Very believable theory ... if that's the case then I hope whomever finds the courage to contact police and at least give this poor lads family some small piece of mind.

In my post above where I say that from Google earth, Jersey looks very green - which you confirmed - I was wondering about an Amber Peat type thing. Not the suicide part but with SO much greenery it must be hard to just 'find' someone.

I was looking online and can not really find any information on any other disappearances on the Jersey Island it looks it people going missing is a bit unusual for Jersey (if I am right):fence:

Interesting about the dog tracks information if that is true also if someone had an accident there would be traces of blood if he was hurt and got back up to walk for help police dogs are good at picking up traces

Yes its very unusual. The island is only 9 x 5 miles in area, so there isn't much chance to voluntarily disappear and stay there. There are areas a body could be hidden, but Jersey is very heavily populated (I think around 100,000 people live there) so the chances of getting away with something and not being seen must be quite low. Plus I think in terms of a ratio of normal people versus murderers, 1:100,000 must be pretty low!

There was a case about 25 or so years ago, where Roderick Newall killed his parents and hid their bodies. It remained a missing persons case for some years, although the brothers were always suspected. In the end, Roderick admitted killing them during a row, and his brother helped with the cover up. They had been buried in woodland in Jersey - so it is possible to hide a body there.

Link if anyone is interested in reading up on it. http://www.bbc.co.uk/jersey/content/articles/2007/10/22/newell_20_years_feature.shtml

Very believable theory ... if that's the case then I hope whomever finds the courage to contact police and at least give this poor lads family some small piece of mind.

In my post above where I say that from Google earth, Jersey looks very green - which you confirmed - I was wondering about an Amber Peat type thing. Not the suicide part but with SO much greenery it must be hard to just 'find' someone.

Yes, it is very green and from what I remember, there are plenty of reservoir areas, woodland, valleys and coastal path areas which have dense trees/bushes/gorse bushes, so it would be possible to be very well hidden, even if searches were being carried out. However, I'd expect a dog to be able to access those areas, unless someone had been dropped into a lower area.

Here are just three examples.

jersey.jpg

queens valley.jpg

fern valley, jersey.jpg

I was thinking unless the person who might have caused injury and dumped a body did not have time to go back to the scene and hide the phone, wallet, and the suppose belt why would that person not get rid of those items along with body?

Taking a belt of I just don't get :thinking:

there looking for more items his keys, diamond ring, car keys etc? Is this a targeted mugging / robbery?

That is really strange imo. Wouldn't these items be with him? Why are they being looked for separately?

Taking a belt of I just don't get :thinking:

The finding of the belt unfortunately leads me to think of suicide, as if he was considering using his belt then chose a different option. I'm leading towards that or an accident rather than foul play (including to cover up an accident).

That is really strange imo. Wouldn't these items be with him? Why are they being looked for separately?

Yes they believe the items are with him, but are asking people to keep an eye out for them in case he discarded/dropped any of them (MOO).

Has anyone read anything about where his wallet/phone and belt were found?

The finding of the belt unfortunately leads me to think of suicide, as if he was considering using his belt then chose a different option. I'm leading towards that or an accident rather than foul play (including to cover up an accident).

Yes, the belt, certainly strange that he took that off.

If if that is the case he took his own life then the search dogs would certainly find his tracks even if it lead to a river bank, cliff edge etc

Town would be St Helier.

You think? That would be "very specific shop" to "not at all specific town". It's about 5 miles. I'd assumed they meant the town/village centre of Selous. Presumably his mum must be aware he was headed in that direction when he was last seen. Maybe David Hicks has CCTV?

I'm getting hella confused!

You think? That would be "very specific shop" to "not at all specific town". It's about 5 miles. I'd assumed they meant the town/village centre of Selous. Presumably his mum must be aware he was headed in that direction when he was last seen. Maybe David Hicks has CCTV?

I'm getting hella confused!

Yes, St Helier, which is the capital of Jersey, is referred to as "town" or "the town".

If someone asked where the bus station was, for example, you'd answer "its in town". If you go shopping, you'd go 'to town'.

Yes, St Helier, which is the capital of Jersey, is referred to as "town" or "the town".

If someone asked where the bus station was, for example, you'd answer "its in town". If you go shopping, you'd go 'to town'.

That's a long way (in the grand scheme of things). His mum must know something we don't to be sending searchers down a particular route and direction. I wish the police would be more specific in cases like this where a "feet on the ground" approach is needed.

that makes sense - I live 6 miles south of Manchester city centre I have always referred to going in to Manchester as " Town " - going to town

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mygalacticmother
Back