UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m confused as to how his mums drinking problem helps his special defence in anyway. The accused stated that he has nothing to do with the murder and that he just happened to have sex with TM that night. Statements like those could possibly help gain sympathy had he admitted to raping and killing Alesha but not his version of events IMO.

Connor Gillies‏Verified account @ConnorGillies

Accused says on Friday 29th June he had been jumping in to the sea from one of the piers on his own. He had the jogging bottoms and boxers with him that we have previously heard about in this trial. He says he lost them in the sea that day.

bbm
:D :D :D

So he went home naked that day. And he was on his own. Sure. He really struggled to find an explanation for those clothes he dumped at the beach.

I'm not trying to make excuses for him but maybe he actually believes the things he's saying. Maybe he is legitimately delusional or has lied to himself so much it has become truth in his mind.

I’m confused as to how his mums drinking problem helps his special defence in anyway. The accused stated that he has nothing to do with the murder and that he just happened to have sex with TM that night. Statements like those could possibly help gain sympathy had he admitted to raping and killing Alesha but not his version of events IMO.

Idk, to me I think sympathy could be argued if they stretch it to the alleged sexual relationship with TM beginning while he was underage. Boy has history of drug usage, underage drinking, and 'manipulated' by TM with these circumstances. Though I find it insulting if that is indeed what the defence is doing.

I'm not trying to make excuses for him but maybe he actually believes the things he's saying. Maybe he is legitimately delusional or has lied to himself so much it has become truth in his mind.
Possible, but unlikely. He will have undergone a full psych evaluation and him taking the stand convinces me even more that nothing significant , mental health wise, has been detected.

Maybe he is going to blame her drinking problem as the reason she suspected him or something equally as unbelievable.

Can the prosecution call forensics back to say whether his dna would still be on the joggers after a week in the sea? Also the cctv from his home be checked?

Not sure if this answers your question but it was stated previously - 'it would be difficult to extract DNA due to it being soaked in salt water for a number of days.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214