UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Connor Gillies‏Verified account @ConnorGillies

Accused says in Oct / Nov 2017 he split with his girlfriend. He says he then started a “friends with benefits” with Toni McLachlin. He says he and Toni played “two draw killer” smoking games in a shelter before they “started having sex”.

bbm

I really don’t believe this whatsoever, my opinion is that he has maybe told his friends this story in the past bragging and wants to bring it up again to reinforce that he has had sex with an older girl, obviously it could be true what he is saying but I have a very hard time believing that.

14:37

Teen 'argued with mum at party at his house'

The boy told the court he had a party at his house .

The 16-year-old said he had been arguing with his mum.

He says the party went on until the early hours of Monday July 2, the same morning Alesha disappeared.

He said he was drinking MadDog and half a bottle of wine..

0_FMF_SDR_23072018KYLE46JPG.jpg

(Image: Daily Record)

Boy accused of raping and murdering Alesha MacPhail takes stand

I believe that there appears to be some confusion between blood evidence and DNA

Sea water would do a comprehensive job of removing DNA evidence....hence why bodies of water are such popular deposition sites for murderers.

Traces of blood could still exist on washed skin (proteins and enzymes) after washing but these too degrade over time.

Obviously a strangulation or asphyxiation would leave little or no blood evidence but MAY leave some contact DNA but this is not certain to happen

Also exposure to the elements would degrade the overall quality of evidence versus a body found indoors.

The focus on the discarded top i feel may be overanalyzing it.....i think that he would be well aware of the presence of cctv...thus in the naive and arrogant mind of his.....he thinks that wearing a top and then removing it would be sufficient to fool a viewer of the recording.

I also attribute the scattering around of evidence as another naive attempt to mislead..in his mind nobody would link items dumped in different places together

I feel that the evidence quite strongly points to a total lack of planning and a complete lack of criminal know how.

As with anything in life, despite being pretty inept he has had a measure of fortune....i believe that the lack of DNA at the mcphail property cannot really be viewed in any context without knowing exactly how the victim was removed from that property.
Who knows that he didnt manage to persuade her to walk out of the flat without any sort of struggle?
Who knows that she was not standing in the doorway as he approached?

All in all and taking what i have seen thus far
I feel that there is enough here to require a pretty spectacular defence performance in order to rescue him here.

I do not believe that this was calculating planned and carried out....much more an opportunist crime and with more efficient and conciencious policework this trial would have been an absolute formality.

But lets be fair here....when news of this crime first broke...who thought that we may be looking for a young boy as the offender?

I just hope that this case is resolved in a way that offers a crumb of justice for the helpless victim.

Connor Gillies‏Verified account @ConnorGillies

Accused says in Oct / Nov 2017 he split with his girlfriend. He says he then started a “friends with benefits” with Toni McLachlin. He says he and Toni played “two draw killer” smoking games in a shelter before they “started having sex”.

bbm
what is the 2 draw killer smoking game? I can't see that specific game listed online when I google it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatMeryl