UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think his mum refusing to be in court will have an impact on the jury?

Would they have tested for her DNA at the scene?

I'd assume they'd test all DNA found on Alesha and compare it to known relatives etc. Given TM was staying in the same house, some DNA is to be expected, a little on outside of clothes, perhaps a bit on the face from a kiss goodnight, etc. But I can only assume none was found in locations or sufficient quantities to rouse any suspicion, compared with the 14 areas mentioned that the accused's DNA was found in.

All my assumptions, so could be wrong, but seems logical based on what I've read and seen.

I'd assume they'd test all DNA found on Alesha and compare it to known relatives etc. Given TM was staying in the same house, some DNA is to be expected, a little on outside of clothes, perhaps a bit on the face from a kiss goodnight, etc. But I can only assume none was found in locations or sufficient quantities to rouse any suspicion, compared with the 14 areas mentioned that the accused's DNA was found in.

All my assumptions, so could be wrong, but seems logical based on what I've read and seen.
I just wondered if her living with them it was more a process of elimination..but agree we can assume nothing of hers found in unusual areas

Her DNA - and other family members - might well have been present but if TM was not a POI would her DNA be discounted?

Would they have tested for her DNA at the scene?

If there was any would we know ? Her DNA would be expected around as she lived with them
There has been no mention of any of the families dna being tested or found- but as the prosecution stated they are there representing the public, not the family, so doubt there would be any logical reason to say either way in trial.

First post. Been reading with interest and really hope justice is done. Scientific evidence enough for me.

I’m interested to see how Lord Matthews sums up and directs the jury. I hadn’t realised that he was the Judge in the 2014 Angus Sinclair case, who originally sexually assaulted and murdered a 7 year old when he was 16, only to be set free after six years and kill multiple times again.

Serial killer jailed for 37 years
Randomly, I was watching a documentary about Angus Sinclair today before I realised it was the same judge. He handed out the longest sentence ever passed by a Scottish court for that one so let's hope we get a hefty sentence here too if found guilty.

If I was on the jury, going by what we have heard (and I'm assuming they have heard more) I would be going guilty.
For me his story is just too far fetched and fanciful to be true before even getting into details with timings, secondary DNA etc

She didn't stay after giving evidence and Ive not seen anyone mention his mum during proceedings so assumed she wasnt there . Maybe she was and Ive just missed it
I would think she found it too embarrassing/uncomfortable to stay...I also think his mum secretly shares this 'bad feeling' about him that everyone seems to mention around his name. She probably can't face sitting there through the graphic descriptions of everything too.

I would think she found it too embarrassing/uncomfortable to stay...I also think his mum secretly shares this 'bad feeling' about him that everyone seems to mention around his name. She probably can't face sitting there through the graphic descriptions of everything too.
Poor soul, feel so sorry for her.

She didn't stay after giving evidence and Ive not seen anyone mention his mum during proceedings so assumed she wasnt there . Maybe she was and Ive just missed it

Why would she be there?

I certainly wouldn't want to sit through that in the same court as Alesha's family, knowing what your son has been accused of, how hard would that be for all of them, they all live in a very small community, where everyone knows each other.

I think she stayed away as a mark of respect & so it doesn't look like she's supporting the accused.

Why would she be there?

I certainly wouldn't want to sit through that in the same court as Alesha's family, knowing what your son has been accused of, how hard would that be for all of them, they all live in a very small community, where everyone knows each other.

I think she stayed away as a mark of respect & so it doesn't look like she's supporting the accused.

If I believed my son was innocent I would stay in court to support him. She knows he's guilty

Has there been much info on why they dropped one of the charges ?

I don't think it's been said but if they thought he might get a not guilty or not proven on that charge then it makes sense to take it out to me. If the jury have got any doubt on that charge it might end up causing doubt on the other charges so it's best to take it out and get the jury to focus on the main charges.

Conversely, if the prosecution didn't know that this was going to be an issue before the start of the trial, then they had no time to find witnesses or otherwise build a case that this affair was just a figment of the boy's fevered imagination.

This is exactly why it makes no sense to allow this sort of defence this late in the day. Justice for a tiny little girl is at stake

I hope these jurors focus purely on the evidence that his DNA was found on 14 of her body parts and also clothing. That all this is about. Nothing the defense used was proved. It was all talk. If anyone on that jury has any doubts and they believe the only other explanation offered that TM was responsible, then what was her motive?

Does anyone think his mum refusing to be in court will have an impact on the jury?

Which way ?
do you mean them being swayed towards his guilt, because even mum isn't supporting him ?
or feeling sympathy for him because she isn't there ( if she isn't of course, might have been just that one day she decided not to stay )

I hope these jurors focus purely on the evidence that his DNA was found on 14 of her body parts and also clothing. That all this is about. Nothing the defense used was proved. It was all talk. If anyone on that jury has any doubts and they believe the only other explanation offered that TM was responsible, then what was her motive?
I think they tried to present it as jealousy or anger at the Dad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member