UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope these jurors focus purely on the evidence that his DNA was found on 14 of her body parts and also clothing. That all this is about. Nothing the defense used was proved. It was all talk. If anyone on that jury has any doubts and they believe the only other explanation offered that TM was responsible, then what was her motive?

That special defence has caused him huge problems the way I see it. I can see why he had to say it because it attempts to explain his semen/DNA being found but it's so unlikely as you say that it's a terrible completely implausible defence.

Accusing another man would have been more likely to sound plausible but it doesn't explain the semen being found.

Fraser Knight‏ @Fraser_Knight

Advocate Depute: “She’s still alive when he’s carrying her there. She’s still alive when the attack commences. A hand is placed across her face, nose and mouth and her throat, that causes her death.”

This just hit me badly. I don't know how until now but the fear she must have felt and put into those words has broken me down.

I take my hat off to the people of this site (You're all wonderful) for the time you invest into this but it will be my first and last time of doing it.

Meanwhile, clothes he'd lost in the sea several days earlier, resulting in walking home naked through a whole village who never saw him
I had wondered as well about how he got home but he said on the stand that they fell in when he was drying himself so I'm presuming in his version of events he walked home in the towel he was drying himself in

But I don't think the accused seem to be afraid of anything/anyone...he was so bold and self assured on the stand
Someone tweeted that he had to be asked a few times to speak up so I don't think he was acting bold and self assured.

Which way ?
do you mean them being swayed towards his guilt, because even mum isn't supporting him ?
or feeling sympathy for him because she isn't there ( if she isn't of course, might have been just that one day she decided not to stay )

Both. I would probably think, why not there? but others may feel sympathy.

Jurys are so unpredictable and diverse, as it should be but from what weve read, im a bit on edge re verdict :/

If the final statements are doing done today, is there any chance the jury will reach a decision and have it announced by tomorrow?
The judge then has to sum up. Normally, there are discussions in the absence of jury re that summing up. At the end of that, they will adjourn for deliberations. Then its the waiting game...

Would they have tested for her DNA at the scene?

If there was any would we know ? Her DNA would be expected around as she lived with them

I would have thought they would have tested for all family members dna. These types of crimes are most often committed by someone known to the victim so I should think they tested to eliminate them

This just hit me badly. I don't know how until now but the fear she must have felt and put into those words has broken me down.

I take my hat off to the people of this site (You're all wonderful) for the time you invest into this but it will be my first and last time of doing it.

It does take it out you doesn’t it. Such evil in the world. After cases that get me so bad I always have to have a long break from Websleuths because it does affect us too, we’re only human. Thanks for all your input.

[QUOTE

Someone tweeted that he had to be asked a few times to speak up so I don't think he was acting bold and self assured.[/QUOTE]

He might just have a low voice. People ask me to speak up all the time even though I am speaking confidently. From his youtube videos I would say he has a fairly softly spoken voice. He also refused to take breaks as though he didn't need them.

[QUOTE

Someone tweeted that he had to be asked a few times to speak up so I don't think he was acting bold and self assured.

He might just have a low voice. People ask me to speak up all the time even though I am speaking confidently. From his youtube videos I would say he has a fairly softly spoken voice. He also refused to take breaks as though he didn't need them.[/QUOTE]

He didn’t need breaks, he’s inhumane. Maybe he doesn’t need food either, water, oxygen he certainly doesn’t deserve any them IMO

I would have thought they would have tested for all family members dna. These types of crimes are most often committed by someone known to the victim so I should think they tested to eliminate them
I agree but it would be the usefulness when she had regular contact with the victim

I had wondered as well about how he got home but he said on the stand that they fell in when he was drying himself so I'm presuming in his version of events he walked home in the towel he was drying himself

I don’t believe this, if you take your clothes off calmly to do some pier jumping why wouldn’t you take your boxers and joggers off separately? In fact .. wouldn’t you just have swim shorts on under the joggers?

I was mulling this case over whilst walking the dog this morning. The only conclusion I came up with was, what on earth was he thinking? I'm baffled, I truly am. I cannot fathom a 16 year old child doing this.:(
I feel the same. Every day I ask the same question; why? and i always feel like asking it here but no one knows. And we'll never know. Only that boy knows why he did this unspeakable act. And he'll keep that to the grave because he won't admit it to himself what he did. He's getting enjoyment out of this trial. He's going to rot in jail for a long time (I hope), but he'll keep himself entertained because the enjoyment he got out of the crime but also out of the enjoyment he gets out of the trial.

I do wonder if something truamatising happened this boy in childhood to result in this. Some sleuthers eluded to some info that only islanders know that maybe might answer some questions as to reasons he did this? i don't know. I remember in the Katie Rough case, there was no trial if i remember correctly but once found guilty a lot came out about the accused who cannot be named. it alluded to a traumatising childhood experience which might have explained her actions but no further details were given. I'm really curious about the details that will emerge tommorrow upon a (hopefully) guilty verdict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Niceperson