UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel the same. Every day I ask the same question; why? and i always feel like asking it here but no one knows. And we'll never know. Only that boy knows why he did this unspeakable act. And he'll keep that to the grave because he won't admit it to himself what he did. He's getting enjoyment out of this trial. He's going to rot in jail for a long time (I hope), but he'll keep himself entertained because the enjoyment he got out of the crime but also out of the enjoyment he gets out of the trial.

I do wonder if something truamatising happened this boy in childhood to result in this. Some sleuthers eluded to some info that only islanders know that maybe might answer some questions as to reasons he did this? i don't know. I remember in the Katie Rough case, there was no trial if i remember correctly but once found guilty a lot came out about the accused who cannot be named. it alluded to a traumatising childhood experience which might have explained her actions but no further details were given. I'm really curious about the details that will emerge tommorrow upon a (hopefully) guilty verdict.
Obviously mental health issues re Katie.

We haven't as as far I know heard any MH issues of the accused ?

Although I think hes likely guilty I dont find the evidence damning..presumably the jury will have a much better feel of it than us and will have heard more evidence..and of course any locals with prior knowledge may well be tearing their hair out reading posts like this

To me the only thing damning is his DNA at her wrists and face and neck...everything else ...albeit far fetched at times has been explained away.

The witness saying her dad and T were up outside " arguing" the night she went missing is quite a catch for the defence as the other witnesses placing them as "liars"

Does it matter that they have nothing else asides from the DNA evidence? The defence don’t have anything to prove concretely that the DNA evidence was planted or that the accused couldn’t have killed Alesha so what more do they need?

Look at all these cases in America right now that are being solved from decades ago, so long as the criminal’s DNA matched and they lived roughly in the area. Are they just going to let the East Area Rapist suspect Joe De’Angelo free because all they have is that supposedly easy to plant DNA evidence?

I feel the same. Every day I ask the same question; why? and i always feel like asking it here but no one knows. And we'll never know. Only that boy knows why he did this unspeakable act. And he'll keep that to the grave because he won't admit it to himself what he did. He's getting enjoyment out of this trial. He's going to rot in jail for a long time (I hope), but he'll keep himself entertained because the enjoyment he got out of the crime but also out of the enjoyment he gets out of the trial.

I do wonder if something truamatising happened this boy in childhood to result in this. Some sleuthers eluded to some info that only islanders know that maybe might answer some questions as to reasons he did this? i don't know. I remember in the Katie Rough case, there was no trial if i remember correctly but once found guilty a lot came out about the accused who cannot be named. it alluded to a traumatising childhood experience which might have explained her actions but no further details were given. I'm really curious about the details that will emerge tommorrow upon a (hopefully) guilty verdict.
Katie Rough did go to trial, but she was 15 and after being assessed for 12 weeks she was diagnosed as schizophrenic. Due to age, mental state and other factors there was pretty much a media blackout.

Does it matter that they have nothing else asides from the DNA evidence? The defence don’t have anything to prove concretely that the DNA evidence was planted or that the accused couldn’t have killed Alesha so what more do they need?

Look at all these cases in America right now that are being solved from decades ago, so long as the criminal’s DNA matched and they lived roughly in the area. Are they just going to let the East Area Rapist suspect Joe De’Angelo free because all they have is that supposedly easy to plant DNA evidence?
I'm sure there is a lot more we have not heard so hopefully the right verdict will be done.
Though in theory the defence does not have to prove anything .. that is a "given" it's down to the prosecution to prove otherwise

So she saw them fighting that night and heard her getting beat up for 3 months but didn’t know until
Alesha went missing that was the girlfriend but could ID her before she knew who she. Was. Am I reading this correct ?
No, it was the close neighbour, who had recently lost her husband, who heard the things that disturbed her enough to say something to R's parents, who dismissed her concerns, as mentioned previously.

Yeah and if he had went to the effort to take a towel, he would take his swim shorts. I’d love to be a prosecutor for the day and just hurl this kinda stuff at him. Honestly I wonder what he’d say? Absolutely nothing. Probably scrunch his nose up again

And this is the same joggers his friend testified he was wearing the night of the party days later

Yup These are the small details that could hang a person.. Photos from the party as all young ones are pic happy, wearing said lost clothes I wonder If it was spoke about, if we're thinking it why isn't the prosecution?

Last edited:
Maybe he just didn't need a break. Alternatively, maybe he didn't want a break because he might just be fighting to clear his name. Not saying either way but personally if it was me on the stand in the High Court and i was innocent then taking breaks would be the last thing on my mind.

Yup These are the small details that could hang a person.. Photos from the party as all young ones are pic happy, wearing said lost clothes I wonder If it was spoke about or if we;re thinking it why isn't the prosecution?
If it wasn’t spoke about or brought up, it’s because it wouldn’t have helped the prosecution.

Yeah and if he had went to the effort to take a towel, he would take his swim shorts. I’d love to be a prosecutor for the day and just hurl this kinda stuff at him. Honestly I wonder what he’d say? Absolutely nothing. Probably scrunch his nose up again

Prosecutor may have asked him that, I’m sure there will be a lot more that we didn’t get to hear about

I think he's guilty for sure, but I think they might come back with not proven. That defense guy gave a good closing speech, tbh I don't know how he will sleep after trying so hard to throw doubt in the jury's mind I know it's his job to defend the accused but it seems he tried alot harder than the prosecution.
The not proven option here in Scotland allows the defence to plant seeds of doubt in jurys mind and makes the verdict not black or white . IMO It's a cop out for the jury , let's them not make a decision . Many victims over the years have been denied justice because of this 3rd verdict that exists here in Scotland. Families have campaigned over the years to get this verdict removed from Scotish law , however they have been unsuccessful . One such case , local to me , was the Amanda Duffy case , early 90S , although compelling physical evidence against the accused the jury sought not proven . Awful murder haunts me still

Yup These are the small details that could hang a person.. Photos from the party as all young ones are pic happy, wearing said lost clothes I wonder If it was spoke about or if we;re thinking it why isn't the prosecution?

You would think if there were pictures then the prosecution would have submitted as evidence?

I'm sure there is a lot more we have not heard so hopefully the right verdict will be done.
Though in theory the defence does not have to prove anything .. that is a "given" it's down to the prosecution to prove otherwise

I know the burden of proof is on the prosecution but if you’re going to offer zero evidence that the couple had an affair then the jury aren’t just going to take your word for it just because burden of proof isn’t necessary.

The not proven option here in Scotland allows the defence to plant seeds of doubt in jurys mind and makes the verdict not black or white . IMO It's a cop out for the jury , let's them not make a decision . Many victims over the years have been denied justice because of this 3rd verdict that exists here in Scotland. Families have campaigned over the years to get this verdict removed from Scotish law , however they have been unsuccessful . One such case , local to me , was the Amanda Duffy case , early 90S , although compelling physical evidence against the accused the jury sought not proven . Awful murder haunts me still

I hope to god this jury do the right thing and not go with the not proven option ... They must know hand on heart this will cause a public outcry ... I have faith they will do the right thing and go with guilty. I sincerly hope he ends up in a straight jacket in Carstairs for a lifetime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Placebo