UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
16:13

'You stole her life'

Lord Matthews told the young girl’s killer: “Alesha’s MacPhail was a sweet, angelic little girl.

“She would’ve gone home to her mother looking forward to tell stories to her and her friends.

“Instead of that you came into her life and stole her life.

“I have no idea what made you do this but the evidence was overwhelming.”

Lord Matthews went on to describe his acts as “despicable” and “evil”.

Regarding the guilty teenager’s accusation that Toni McLachlan was the guilty party, he said: “It’s a ridiculous suggestion she was a guilty party.”

Boy, 16, guilty of raping and murdering girl, 6

16:17

Psychological report to be made on teen

Alesha’s teen killer will not be sentenced until March 21.

A psychological report will also be made regarding the 16-year-old’s mental state.

A decision over whether to lift his anonymity will be made at the High Court in Glasgow tomorrow, which the teenager will attend.

Lord Matthews said the killer’s name would be put on the sex offenders’ register indefinitely.

After the verdict was returned, advocate depute Iain McSporran QC described Alesha’s mum’s heartache following the murder.

The brief said: “Her world has been ripped from her.”

He added: “Robert MacPhail can’t put into words the pain caused by the loss of his own daughter - day to day life has become impossible.”

He also said that Mr MacPhail has suffered from depression.

As the teen was led away, a woman in the public gallery shouted ‘evil’.

Really surprised the judge is considering naming him. He must be expecting he’ll be locked up for the rest of his life. I do worry about the murderers sister and mother though, they might be easily identifiable if he’s named.

16:31

'Alesha’s family have shown incredible bravery in the most appalling circumstances'

Detective Superintendent Stuart Houston, senior investigating officer in the case for Police Scotland, said: “I welcome today’s verdict and hope that it will bring some comfort to the family and friends of little Alesha MacPhail who have been through the most horrific ordeal.

“Throughout the police investigation and this trial, Alesha’s family have shown incredible bravery in the face of the most appalling circumstances.

“Alesha’s senseless and barbaric murder shocked the small community on Bute and people across Scotland. The effects of her death are still being felt today.”

3_Alesha-MacPhail-found-dead-in-Rothesay-Isle-of-Bute.jpg

16:36

Teen 'brutalised' the child's body before leaving her naked in woods

The 16-year-old convicted of the horrific murder and rape of Alesha MacPhail was armed with a blade last July 2 when he snatched the six year-old from her grandparents’ home in the dead of night.

The teenager then “brutalised” the child before leaving her naked body in woods on the Isle of Bute.

It was a crime that has shocked the nation.

Thinking about the arguments to name the murderer , from my own searches a few different images of other kids come up, could you imagine the amount of grief this would cause those innocent kids . The name is out there so anyone with that name could potentially be subject to revengeful attacts . Not sure if this has been mentioned so apologies up front

The size of that knife !! I honestly think he went out that night and that was for rab and instead of going into rabs room he’s found alesha first and here we are in this sad situation , glad he has been found guilty but no sentence will ever fit this crime no amount of prison time will ever be long enough , he is evil to the core I don’t think anyone will ever truly find out the exact circumstances of how he managed to get her out of the house or why he did this , that poor family ..

That's amazing! Just shows that with ALL the evidence the case must have been pretty watertight.

I haven't followed this much but I'm having a little cry anyway, huge respect and a big hug for all of you who cared so much about getting justice for Alesha.

Ah Cags the tears were blinding me too - I am so very thankful for the Jury to all come to this correct verdict - I don't think this case will ever leave me

The size of that knife !! I honestly think he went out that night and that was for rab and instead of going into rabs room he’s found alesha first and here we are in this sad situation , glad he has been found guilty but no sentence will ever fit this crime no amount of prison time will ever be long enough , he is evil to the core I don’t think anyone will ever truly find out the exact circumstances of how he managed to get her out of the house or why he did this , that poor family ..
I think the same .. you dont take a big knife force child

Interesting analysis of the case....

How killer tried to convince jury with a mask of innocence

"While the teenager's name will remain unknown to the general public until legal protection ends when he turns 18, it will be on the lips of every prisoner in Scotland.

And as he is set to begin a life sentence, he will find out that all the self confidence in the world will count for nothing.

In prison, a child killing rapist is just that ... no matter how good a liar he may be."

Really surprised the judge is considering naming him. He must be expecting he’ll be locked up for the rest of his life. I do worry about the murderers sister and mother though, they might be easily identifiable if he’s named.

If his name happened to be an extremely common one like "Smith" then i don't think his family would risk identification particularly. The judge is a really good one, i think he will make a good decision (can't say which way he'll go, just that he's a smart man and not emotive or vindictive seeming).

Rudeness and personalizing is not allowed. Please STOP responding to such posts. Your responding posts just make cleanup more difficult and time consuming for WS staff. Just use the Report feature, move on, and let the WS staff review the issue and deal with it.

ETA: Also please do not post here about trying or hinting to find the name of the young offender.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Rudeness and personalizing is not allowed. Please STOP responding to such posts. Your responding posts just make cleanup more difficult and time consuming for WS staff. Just use the Report, move on, and let the WS staff review the issue and deal with it.

Thanks.

Sorry! And thank you for all you do xx

I slightly disagree
with what we heard there was only one outcome
This lad was just having his 15 mins with a crazy sub plot
IMO this is a very disturbed individual
The amount of injuries and to go into a house full of adults and whisk her away during the night is even more frightening
From day one I just saw him as a pure narcissist enjoying his moment in court and no surprise there was no reaction when found guilty
He was having fun and games on snapchat with friends after the murder and seemed to carry on as normal

Totally agree. Along with sperm all over her body. How that didn't convince people regardless of limited information, I do worry about logic here.

RIP Alesha. Not that they ever will but I hope her family find some kind of solace. Imo he needs to be named. If he's capable of this at an age you are legal to vote for one then he should be named. And I hope the rest of his life is as miserable an existence as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3