UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His own family are his victims too. Maybe the source of the conflict between him and his mum who maybe was trying to control the uncontrollable. I hope they can have some peace too knowing he can't get them also. Very touching personal stories here.
Maybe that was why his mother drank...she knew there was something wrong with him but didn't want to think about it or acknowledge it.

Sky News showed video footage of the staircase in the building leading to the flat. I have a video my sister took of the TV but can't upload as file is too large... the chair lift was indeed for a chair to help one up the stairs.

Here it is - shows the stair lift and also the steps that Alesha was taken up

He will be identified in less than 2 years time anyway, at which time he will certainly be still in prison, so to me it just makes sense to do it now anyway?
We know he was 16 when he was arrested in July ‘18 and he is still 16 now; so that means that he will turn 17 sometime between 21st February and 3/4th July this year. Sometime between Feb and July 2020 he will turn 18.

Hi there. I have not posted but read the threads here during the trial. I am certain that there must have been much more evidence we did not see. I do think this boy is smart and quick thinking but that is based on just the evidence I was able to read here and I must admit to even beginning to wonder if he might have been speaking the truth. I guess he is a very good liar and I am happy with the outcome for the poor child's family and other loved ones. Also thanks for all the updates posted.

I was curious about this and contacted a reporter who was in the courtroom yesterday and asked if there was any information that was not allowed to be released. He said that while they couldn’t physically report everything, he felt the public had a good overview of the evidence presented and nothing was restricted.

I’m surprised that the there hasn’t been a supportive statement made by the police about what Toni was put through. I do hope she gets all the support she needs.
Was she in court today- didn’t see her in any of the press photos? If she wasn’t that maybe why no comment was made.

well they did in the James Bulger case.... personally, I cannot see what good it will do. I understand that he has a younger sibling, so I would hope that his identity is kept secret for her sake.
Naming the killers of James Bulger led to their families having to have new identities. I believe I read somewhere that RT’s family had to move 8 times in a short space of time as people kept getting suspicious and working out who they were.

If they do release his identity they should provide a new one for the sister and possibly mum.

I hope they do identify him now, it'd be better to get it over with rather than wait till he turns 18, the context of any background information this allows to be released would be a big help in understanding how this whole thing came about, and more importantly, I think the attention should be on him. His defence has dragged TM through the mud (and RM too); they're victims, yet they've been paraded before the media and the public with accusations made against them. Their names should not be the ones most negatively affected by this case: HIS name should be the one.

Also, given it's already out there on social media, publishing his photo would reduce any attacks against innocent lads unlucky enough to share the same name (granted not entirely, as not everyone is bright enough to check... I recall hearing Ian "H" Watkins of Steps received a lot of abuse when he had nothing to do with the crimes committed by Ian Watkins of Lostprophets... sigh). I know it'd have chances of affecting his family, but in reality, it's out there already, and will almost certainly be public next year when he turns 18, better just to get it over with in my opinion.

First time post but have been following this trial/case with interest and horror. I found out who this boy was early in the investigation and found his Youtube videos and Instagram account (which has since been deleted). I am also a big fan of Kevin Dutton. This boy is a born psychopath. He may or may not have had adverse experiences when growing up. Who doesn't? But this demeanour/behaviour/attitude at all stages of this horrible crime and subsequent investigation and trial show someone completely physiologically disconnected from what makes us human. No guilt, discomfort, empathy, worry, fear, humility, sorrow, horror. Nothing. I bet they could all see it in the courtroom. His mum must have known. He sounds terrifying, but friends probably wouldn't have been able to see it through his mask.
And this is what scares me the most. Must admit, I feel conflicted. How can a child possibly do this?

Maybe that was why his mother drank...she knew there was something wrong with him but didn't want to think about it or acknowledge it.
I'm not so sure - other factors could have contributed e.g. caring for a person with dementia can be very stressful, and there may have been other family factors too. I do think she was struggling though, with both children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela