UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the press have applied to have the restriction lifted so they can identify him,
I would have thought this would automatically get rejected so does the fact they are discussing it tomorrow mean that the judge is actually considering it? Does anyone have any knowledge on this and if it's likely to happen?

I'm wondering if the fact he has a younger sibling will impact on this decision. As she will then be identifiable.

Having said that it's easy to find out who he is anyway so maybe releasing his name makes sense as it's going to come out anyway.

I see the press have applied to have the restriction lifted so they can identify him,
I would have thought this would automatically get rejected so does the fact they are discussing it tomorrow mean that the judge is actually considering it? Does anyone have any knowledge on this and if it's likely to happen?

He has been found guilty of this heinous crime and I don’t see that he should now be protected just because he is 16.

It is such an unprecedented case so I expect his name will be revealed.

Just found out. A guilty verdict and fast, they had no doubt!

I will never forget that beautiful little girl or the horror she suffered, to try to imagine what her loved ones feel is too painful. Rest easy little love.

First time post but have been following this trial/case with interest and horror. I found out who this boy was early in the investigation and found his Youtube videos and Instagram account (which has since been deleted). I am also a big fan of Kevin Dutton. This boy is a born psychopath. He may or may not have had adverse experiences when growing up. Who doesn't? But this demeanour/behaviour/attitude at all stages of this horrible crime and subsequent investigation and trial show someone completely physiologically disconnected from what makes us human. No guilt, discomfort, empathy, worry, fear, humility, sorrow, horror. Nothing. I bet they could all see it in the courtroom. His mum must have known. He sounds terrifying, but friends probably wouldn't have been able to see it through his mask.

I'm wondering if the fact he has a younger sibling will impact on this decision. As she will then be identifiable.

Having said that it's easy to find out who he is anyway so maybe releasing his name makes sense as it's going to come out anyway.
People are naming him on Twitter already. Not a wise move but I guess emotions are running high, particularly amongst those who know him personally (or thought they did).

well they did in the James Bulger case.... personally, I cannot see what good it will do. I understand that he has a younger sibling, so I would hope that his identity is kept secret for her sake.

Over the past hour or so, it's become almost impossible to avoid the relevant name on Twitter. It's everywhere. I am not sure how the court is even going to try to put the cat back in the bag ... the law on these things hasn't fully evolved to cope with social media.

First time post but have been following this trial/case with interest and horror. I found out who this boy was early in the investigation and found his Youtube videos and Instagram account (which has since been deleted). I am also a big fan of Kevin Dutton. This boy is a born psychopath. He may or may not have had adverse experiences when growing up. Who doesn't? But this demeanour/behaviour/attitude at all stages of this horrible crime and subsequent investigation and trial show someone completely physiologically disconnected from what makes us human. No guilt, discomfort, empathy, worry, fear, humility, sorrow, horror. Nothing. I bet they could all see it in the courtroom. His mum must have known. He sounds terrifying, but friends probably wouldn't have been able to see it through his mask.

Agree 100% with your post

Have been very impressed with the Scottish court system (irregardless of the verdict). Such an unusual case. A sexual sadist child killer is a small subset of murders. Rarely diagnosed in advance and one of if not the most resistant to any treatment after the fact. They only stop when caught or feel they might be caught. Very compulsive. To have the murderer so young and testify in court, seldom seen. I hope we can have access to his full testimony at some point. I was reading up in psych journals last night looking for something suitable to post. Scared the willies out of me I must admit.

I am so relieved that he was found guilty. An evil evil person.
I do believe his family life has helped contribute to him being not quite right but nobody could have guessed he would have done this surely?

I really admire people who get through their troubles and make a really good life for themselves. Problem is that it does not always pan out that way.
My dad was sexually abused by his stepdad. He was a really good dad just never changed nappies. Completely understandable.
My partners mum was sexually abused by her dad's best friend. She has mental health issues, doesn't do mum things used to palm her kids off to everyone etc.
Then unfortunately for me, I came along and probably like other girls in the picture I unfortunately was nearly groomed by my partners dad. She let it happen and I was 13. I was offered money etc but luckily I did not sleep with him. He used to brush past me, chuck stuff down my top, sexual comments. Come in the bathroom etc. It has affected me but I try and be the best mum possible. All I'm saying is that its not always a simple story. What one person gets issues from might not affect the next person and vice versa.

Over the past hour or so, it's become almost impossible to avoid the relevant name on Twitter. It's everywhere. I am not sure how the court is even going to try to put the cat back in the bag ... the law on these things hasn't fully evolved to cope with social media.

On balance, I am inclined to think it would be better if they release his name. I think there would be more disruption and media interest for a longer time if they do not and surely Alesha's family don't need that.

As for it affecting his sister - surnames are not always identifiable.

Last edited:
15:49

'Senseless and barbaric murder'

Little Alesha’s “senseless and barbaric murder shocked the small community” and “the effects of her death are still being felt today,” a police chief has said after the teen’s guilty verdict.

Detective Superintendent Stuart Houston, Senior Investigating Officer, said the six-year-old’s family have “been through the most horrific ordeal” but shown incredible bravery in the face of the most “appalling circumstances”.

He added: “From the moment Alesha was first reported missing – at the start of her summer holidays on Bute - the local community rallied together and did everything they possibly could do help.

“Investigating any murder is challenging for all the police officers and staff involved. To be faced with the death of a little girl in such a cold and cruel way was extremely difficult for everyone.

“I would like to personally thank all those involved for their professionalism and dedication in bringing the investigation to a swift conclusion.

“Crimes such as this are extremely rare and I am glad that we have been able to get justice for Alesha and her family.”

Boy, 16, guilty of raping and murdering girl, 6

15:53

'She was a beautiful wee girl'

Chief Superintendent Hazel Hendren, Divisional Commander for Argyll and West Dunbartonshire Division, has paid tribute to Alesha.

She said: “She was such a beautiful wee girl who was vibrant, funny and much loved. Her family have shown incredible bravery through what has been an unimaginable ordeal.

“I would also like to thank the local community of Bute who pulled together and did everything they could to help both Alesha’s family and the major police investigation which followed.

“This was an incident which shocked the tight knit community of Rothesay to the core but that community showed strength and determination to assist the police in any way they could and I cannot thank them enough. The response to our appeals was significant, not only from Bute but from across Scotland.

“Alesha’s murder has affected everyone and will continue to do so for a very long time. However the resilience and unity of this community will help it recover in time.”

16:03

Photos released of knife and boxers

Photos have been released of a discarded knife and pair of jogging bottoms and boxers that were crucial items of evidence in the trial.

The jury heard that the killer took Alesha from her bed in the seafront flat where she was staying with her father and grandparents, using a knife to silence her.

He then carried her to the grounds of a disused hotel where he raped and smothered her.

The youngster, who was just 3ft, 9ins tall, was discovered face down and naked on the grounds of the island’s former Kyles Hydropathic Hotel.

She suffered 117 injuries in the brutal attack. A post-mortem found she died from “pressure to neck and face”.

1_Screen-Shot-2019-02-21-at-155204.jpg

A fibre from boxer shorts found on Rothesay beach was also discovered on Alesha’s pants, the court heard.

A fibre from the shorts’ waistband was also allegedly found on the six-year-old’s pants.

A witness had earlier said there was “strong evidence” to suggest some fibres on Alesha’s clothing were linked to jogging bottoms also found on the beach.

When asked if fibres on the jogging bottoms could be found on similar clothing items, she replied: “Absolutely.”

Read the full story here.

1_Screen-Shot-2019-02-21-at-155143.jpg

16:08

How Alesha went from watching Peppa Pig to being found dead in woods

With the school holidays stretched out before her, little Alesha MacPhail settled down in bed with a Peppa Pig DVD at her father’s home.

A big fan of the cartoon, the six-year-old was tucked in by dad Robert MacPhail, who told her he’d “see her in the morning” as he left her room.

But tragically, Mr MacPhail wouldn’t see his daughter again, alive.

Snatched from her bed by a 16-year-old boy during the night, Alesha was carried out of the property before being raped and murdered.

She suffered 117 injuries in the brutal attack.

Mr MacPhail awoke to find the “smiley” youngster missing from the house, which he shared with his parents on the Isle of Bute, Scotland.

Read the full story here.

3_FMF_SDR_23072018KYLE49JPG.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads