UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there been any indication as to why the friends and also the sister left at 12.30 but the convict didn't go with them?

But it was leaked to her by the family of the one he claims was involved which makes it stranger.

Maybe I’m trying to apply reason to madness but it’s strange. This idea he was so quick he left no dna at the flat...yet two days later is researching basic dna techniques. The idea he knew to throw stuff in the sea to get rid of evidence, yet left a posed scene full of dna as well. It’s full of contradictions and as he’s not admitting it, I guess they will remain that way.

I think there’s more depth to this case, however the outcome is the same I guess and the important aspect is the poor little girl, not the private lives of those involved.

BBM

leaked? Nothing was 'leaked' ... these people, Aaron's family and Toni's family ARE very strongly connected - just not by Aaron and Toni having a sexual relationship!

Toni's aunt and Aaron's mum - best friends - Toni's BFs daughter is missing and randomly Toni also has a missed call from Aaron in the middle of the night. It would be perfectly normal for me to call my best friend and say 'check your CCTV' knowing she had CCTV- I very much doubt that Toni's aunt ONLY called and asked Aaron's mum, I'd guarantee it. Nothing about that is a red flag.

Who has said that '2a.m' is a direct factual quote? Tabloids? Maybe they missed off a 1 and it should read 12?

Basic DNA searches - Aarin knew the basics of DNA - he'd watched enough crime docs/TV shows and been discussing, as we heard from court, crimes and committing a murder etc.

I believe there were only 'traces of semen' found inside his victim - this implies to me that he ... oh you know what ... I can't even bring myself to type the words. I just can't.

He WAS aware of certain forensics, just ignorant to others.

Some of the post verdict comments here are adding insult to injury to Aleshas family and a flipping insult to the police and expert witnesses who had to deal first hand with this horrific crime.

They deserve thanks and admiration for a job done well. They got as much justice for Alesha as is possible and yet some here seem to think they know better than judge, jury, police, forensics and even his own mother!

BBM

leaked? Nothing was 'leaked' ... these people, Aaron's family and Toni's family ARE very strongly connected - just not by Aaron and Toni having a sexual relationship!

Toni's aunt and Aaron's mum - best friends - Toni's BFs daughter is missing and randomly Toni also has a missed call from Aaron in the middle of the night. It would be perfectly normal for me to call my best friend and say 'check your CCTV' knowing she had CCTV- I very much doubt that Toni's aunt ONLY called and asked Aaron's mum, I'd guarantee it. Nothing about that is a red flag.

Who has said that '2a.m' is a direct factual quote? Tabloids? Maybe they missed off a 1 and it should read 12?

Basic DNA searches - Aarin knew the basics of DNA - he'd watched enough crime docs/TV shows and been discussing, as we heard from court, crimes and committing a murder etc.

I believe there were only 'traces of semen' found inside his victim - this implies to me that he ... oh you know what ... I can't even bring myself to type the words. I just can't.

He WAS aware of certain forensics, just ignorant to others.

Some of the post verdict comments here are adding insult to injury to Aleshas family and a flipping insult to the police and expert witnesses who had to deal first hand with this horrific crime.

They deserve thanks and admiration for a job done well. They got as much justice for Alesha as is possible and yet some here seem to think they know better than judge, jury, police, forensics and even his own mother!

I agree with you there. I really don't see where the conspiracy theory/cover up is coming from, or claims of a weak case. Personally I think the case had mountains of evidence against the convicted party.

For those you can't make sense of the why, consider sexual sadism:

https://www.psychiatrictimes.com/co...s-how-tell-difference-and-why-it-so-important

The act itself is the motive. When the judge, pathologist, prosecution and police, with decades of experience with sexual crimes have said that it was one of if not the worst case of depravity and cruelty they have ever seen, maybe we should believe them. This isn't a run of the mill sexual crime (as bad as they are), this is something far worse. They get off on the abject fear of their victims. By the time he calmly and swiftly took her to the murder scene, he had a good hour with her alone living out his depraved sexual fantasy. That would explain the crime scene itself. He was proud he carried it off and wanted to display her body. A more rational being would have tried to conceal the body. The murder scene is the crux of the case for motive and evidence.

https://www.psychiatrictimes.com/co...s-how-tell-difference-and-why-it-so-important

The act itself is the motive. When the judge, pathologist, prosecution and police, with decades of experience with sexual crimes have said that it was one of if not the worst case of depravity and cruelty they have ever seen, maybe we should believe them. This isn't a run of the mill sexual crime (as bad as they are), this is something far worse. They get off on the abject fear of their victims. By the time he calmly and swiftly took her to the murder scene, he had a good hour with her alone living out his depraved sexual fantasy. That would explain the crime scene itself. He was proud he carried it off and wanted to display her body. A more rational being would have tried to conceal the body. The murder scene is the crux of the case for motive and evidence.

I liked this because I appreciate the input, and absolutely believe this explains the motive. I hate it though :(

Has there been any indication as to why the friends and also the sister left at 12.30 but the convict didn't go with them?

I read that they went to get a take away in town then returned and that was when he had the conversation with the friend who gave evidence. He remained home and rowed with his mum and was angry that she let the sister go out. It said this in the Daily Fail though. Will try and find the link.

Nobody here knows EXACTLY what Toni said to her aunt.
Nobody here knows EXACTLY what Toni's aunt said to Janette.
Nobody here knows EXACTLY what Janette said to the interviewer.
Nobody here knows if the interviewer reported EXACTLY what she said.

I did suggest before that she may have been on the stairwell. We do know he was there, at some point. I do not believe that his palm print was from some months before (given the evidence that RM stopped selling him drugs in February). I, personally, feel that he may have headed there with the intention of getting drugs. When he entered the 'public' stairwell he walked up and A was there. Whether playing with the toys stored there or with the stair lift. I thought his comment to his friends was 'how did she get out of the house'.

I think the DNA evidence was overwhelming, IMO.

Are those stair lifts noisy?? Never seen one in action...

Yeah, I'm not buying this 2 am thing. Someone maybe wants to keep claiming this so it becomes true in peoples minds then it becomes a conspiracy.

I think you're right,this is all hearsay from a tabloid interview with a mother who must understandably want to cling on to the hope her child didn't do it(what parent would want to accept it?),and now she has heard this ridiculous special defence nonsense she can maybe kid herself he has been framed.
Did she not originally tell the police she checked the cctv of her own volition because she knew he had been out in the night and she needed to check when,and for how long etc?(from msm snippets I have read i believe),she also said she went to his room and asked him if he knew anything when she heard the news Alesha was missing at 7.30ish,she knows her own child well enough to wake him and ask him this,she certainly didn't need someone to ask her to check a specific time on her cctv IMO

This is horrifying but it does make sense. The bit in bold broke my heart. That poor little girl.

My first thought on seeing the CCTV video (and not taking anything else into account) was that he was going to some other friends house after his party or meeting a group of them in the street if they were still congregating about. Was there not an argument at his house with his mother? Maybe they all got kicked out?
There was an argument with his mother that had upset him to tears after his friends had left to go to another house . One of his friends returned with is sister who had also left with group and saw him crying and he said he was feeling suicidal although later said he was exaggerating to describe how he felt. His friend offered to stay the night or to stay at his but he said he was going to get some cannibas and sleep.
Was he already preparing an story as cover for his actions? . Doesn't seem likely as phone records show him making some phone calls for this purpose including a facebook message to TM and a phone call to RM amongst others I believe shortly before he left house at 1.54 am.
Bit of a gap form argument to this time which i not accounted for . Perhaps he was waiting on his Mother to go to sleep so he could leave house unnoticed but certainly it would seem he had that intention right upto when he left house.
One thing that occurred to me if he was on facebook does it seem plausible that he knew that Alesha was due to arrive or was staying at Mcphails house. Maybe some darker thoughts began to enter his head if he had dark fantasies of this sort. His friends describe him as having a dark sense of humor which is fine as long as it doesn't become a reality..
I suppose that would have been shown in court in internet history unless there is some way of hiding it which leads me to believe that there was very little premeditation and that events were spontaneous although perhaps based on a distant grudge he had towards MacPhail from a bad deal and some dark fantasies that he had and had curtailed up until now
Apparently he carried a knife often ( according to Scottish Sun 22/2/19 article from first year in school ) which means little can be assumed from finding the knife as to its purpose.
It seems he was a very angry young man who did not have the means to control his emotions / behavior that led to tragic events

Poor sweet Alesha.. Sorry you came across such evil in your short little life... Xx

I have said it before but will any again, I hope they can assess AC and work out how to prevent these atrocities... No one should ever have to go through what the little child did

Do you think his drinking and smoking was a form of trying to self-medicate and repress the feelings that he had inside him? Obviously, plenty of people do both and they do it purely for enjoyment, but I'm wondering if in his case it was to try and escape how he felt.

Yeah, I'm not buying this 2 am thing. Someone maybe wants to keep claiming this so it becomes true in peoples minds then it becomes a conspiracy.

Have you even bothered to read the article?

AC’s mother is quoted as saying TM’s aunty told her to check the CCTV footage from 2 am because that’s the last time Toni saw her in bed

Below is a snippet of the article...

She recalled: “She said to me to look at 2am onwards because that’s the last time Toni saw her in bed.

“I looked and saw him coming home. I hadn’t seen him leave so I rewound it a wee bit...

I think he's very mentally and emotionally broken honestly. I understand why people have the perception of him being unaffected, cold and emotionless - especially given what he did - but I don't know if I feel the same way. He cried the night of the party because of family problems, he cried when his mother went to see him in prison, he self-harmed and was suicidal and I read another comment that described him as "not mentally strong".

Now don't get me wrong, none of that in the slightest ever could or ever will justify any of his actions. What he did was utterly heinous and it doesn't matter how depressed or how broken you are, you don't take it out on an innocent child. But I just don't get the impression of him being a sophisticated, stone-cold, master manipulator. I think he's a damaged individual who can't even admit to himself what's wrong with him or come to terms with what he's done.

Very good point, and well put.

Would just like to say what a massive difference the Mothers Cameras input has made to the case . Without it they would have clothes / knife on the beach / DNA at scene / Shore CCTV . Print at stair rail but without the lead from his Mother and if he was not a suspect then noone to match them to so the CCTV has ultimately led to him being caught. Without it there would be no clear timeline of the unfortunate events other than a blurred image on shore that could have been anyone without the surrounding evidence
He might have been caught without it but can you imagine how long it would have taken to make him a suspect with no direct evidence linking him to the crime . Only sniff at a lead would be a text to a drug dealer in the middle of the night and as if they would want to mention that to the Police . Although it seems fairly early on as seen from TM testimony that islanders suspected him but would that be enough for Police to arrest him to get a fingerprint and DNA based on gossip ?
I doubt it and I think we should be thankful that they caught this culprit before it escalated even further

I think, with this being a particularly horrific crime, coupled with it taking place on a small island, they would have eventually found him, probably by process of elimination and if necessary, by taking voluntary dna samples from the most likely suspects.

AC’s mother is quoted as saying TM’s aunty told her to check the CCTV footage from 2 am because that’s the last time Toni saw her in bed

She recalled: “She said to me to look at 2am onwards because that’s the last time Toni saw her in bed.
“I looked and saw him coming home. I hadn’t seen him leave so I rewound it a wee bit...

I'll repeat what I posted a few minutes ago.

Nobody here knows EXACTLY what Toni said to her aunt.
Nobody here knows EXACTLY what Toni's aunt said to Janette.
Nobody here knows EXACTLY what Janette said to the interviewer.
Nobody here knows if the interviewer reported EXACTLY what she said.

Do you think his drinking and smoking was a form of trying to self-medicate and repress the feelings that he had inside him? Obviously, plenty of people do both and they do it purely for enjoyment, but I'm wondering if in his case it was to try and escape how he felt.
I drink and it's not to repress anything . Most of us drink, some smoke hash, but its just to chill. You can't cast that wide a net

We know it's not true because his defense would have brought it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson