UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too. I mean people on the island will already know who she is. I imagine they were already "in a relationship" on Facebook so it was probably fairly common knowledge before the crime occurred. I think DM have done her a huge disservice by posting that photo because now not only do we know what age she is, and where she's from, we also know what colour her hair is. It won't be hard for some people to work out who she is, unfortunately.
She's supposed to be one of the best Girls in his school . Does she really want to wait indefinitely to resume relationship .
Is this confirmed that they are still going out as he has just testified that he split up and started a relationship with TM

Please enlighten us to what she said in court ?
“The accused’s mum said she checked the CCTV in her home after hearing about Alesha’s disappearance.

She saw the accused returning home around 3am and was unaware he had left the house. She had been looking to see if Alesha had walked past the house.

She then went further back in the CCTV to discover he left in the direction of Rothesay town and passed Robert MacPhail’s home”

No mention of Toni’s aunt, which I think would be fairly relevant given the defence?

“The accused’s mum said she checked the CCTV in her home after hearing about Alesha’s disappearance.

She saw the accused returning home around 3am and was unaware he had left the house. She had been looking to see if Alesha had walked past the house.

She then went further back in the CCTV to discover he left in the direction of Rothesay town and passed Robert MacPhail’s home”

No mention of Toni’s aunt, which I think would be fairly relevant given the defence?
I'm not convinced it would necessarily have been mentioned in initial statements ..imo you could easily just say you checked the CCTV because you heard of the dissapearance? They did not know the defence till last minute

Even though we do not know if the 2am thing is accurate..it is entered as a direct quote in the article ... plus the comment is very specific in relation to the rewinding "a bit" that does not fit with 12
I think its unfair to state things as BS and try to dround peoples thoughts because they do not fit ones own

How do we even know if the police or defence were aware it was the aunty who suggested she look? It may have only been mentioned in a casual way during the interview? So many not have been brought up on the stand

I think it also has to be considered that there was a witness that T and R were out arguing later than claimed so may have been up later than claimed

They would have every reason not to mention this as per the statement from what was said to the neighbour

Of course even if T did see her later than claimed it still does not neccessarily mean involvement

I said the claim in the article was BS, not anyone's opinion. If people want to take newspaper articles as fact then that's up to them. I have been sticking up for both sides of the discussion and all theories put forward. The 2 am claim is a moot point as far as I am concerned.

So she saw him coming back before she rewound it to see him leaving

Clearly matches the claim she began watching from 2 am

Would the defence know to ask who asked you to check CCTV? Why would he

I'm not convinced it would necessarily have been mentioned in initial statements ..imo you could easily just say you checked the CCTV because you heard of the dissapearance? They did not know the defence till last minute

This was in court.

Were you in court, or are you quoting a journalist's Twitter, or similar?

For sure ... I used to spend summer on another Scottish Island many moons ago - I seen more junkies there than in Glasgow - ok I do exaggerate :oops:

But yes, it's not all Morag's baking scones :rolleyes:
She was probably just hedging her bets .
Would have been awkward if she left him and if he was acquitted and proved not guilty for example although who could blame her but now that a unanimous decision on his guilt is she really going to be known as someone associated with this monster .Although in saying that Kray seem to have arranged a marriage from inside prison . Certain types on woman seem to be attracted to certain types of male no matter what they are capable of . I doubt her family would approve of such a relationship and would she want to be alone for so long separated from her absentee boyfriend.

Sorry I'm lost ?? What was in court
What she said.

You’re talking about initial statements?

Do you not think the accused’s mother, knowing the accused was claiming TM committed the murder, might have mentioned in court that it was TM’s Aunty that specifically asked her to check the CCTV at a specific time?

I said the claim in the article was BS, not anyone's opinion. If people want to take newspaper articles as fact then that's up to them. I have been sticking up for both sides of the discussion and all theories put forward. The 2 am claim is a moot point as far as I am concerned.[

It could be a moot point or a very relevant one considering the defence

What she said.

You’re talking about initial statements?

Do you not think the accused’s mother, knowing the accused was claiming TM committed the murder, might have mentioned in court that it was TM’s Aunty that specifically asked her to check the CCTV at a specific time?

I think possibly but not certainly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member