UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am interested to hear the theories on the 2 am timing. Lets for argument sake say 2 am was correct, how does that fit into the debate?

It's relevant because it's closer to the time that Alesha was taken, and not long after the messages were sent from AC to RM and TM.

Everything gets garbled when people relay conversations. Nobody ever remembers them verbatim, they paraphrase. It's like chinese whispers.

Waves to Cherwell, voice of reason :)

how about instead of this mythical 2am direct quote - what the person actually said was
I have asked X and Y to check their cctv - could you check yours too ?

I think his message to friends that morning says it all really. "found the guy that did it".

Doesn't even matter that he sent it before anyone knew she'd been murdered. Or that he said "guy" when he would go on to accuse a girl.

It's his arrogance and self-assuredness, and thinking he's too clever for anyone to suspect he'd write that if he was the culprit.

To me, at the age of 16, it smacks of a someone who is manipulative, enjoys a psychological game, has no empathy, and fails to see things from other people's perspectives - an innocent teenager isn't really going to think there's anything to laugh about after hearing shocking news of the death of a child on his backdoor step. IMO. I think most if not all of any age group would have been both stunned and scared that they lived in such close proximity to a heinous monster and only hours after they had been partying in the locality. It leaves a feeling of shock, numbness and absolute horror when something of this gravity happens. He was on a different plane, he found amusement after his deeds.

Neither of us knows all of what was actually said in court.

Of course not.

But do you not think if the aunt of the girl that the accused was claiming murdered Alesha was specifically mentioned in relation to checking incriminating CCTV, at least one reporter might have picked up on it?

She was probably just hedging her bets .
Would have been awkward if she left him and if he was acquitted and proved not guilty for example although who could blame her but now that a unanimous decision on his guilt is she really going to be known as someone associated with this monster .Although in saying that Kray seem to have arranged a marriage from inside prison . Certain types on woman seem to be attracted to certain types of male no matter what they are capable of . I doubt her family would approve of such a relationship and would she want to be alone for so long separated from her absentee boyfriend.

True. It's her life so I guess it's up to her now if she wants to stand by him or not, she's still young after all. And like you said some people are actually attracted to that weirdly enough. In terms of being their relationship dynamic and being separated, Ted Bundy somehow managed to get his wife pregnant while he was in prison so strange things can happen. It's a very mad world.

The jury weren’t privy to the winks or the rumours or hearsay, but also heard all of the evidence in far more detail than we have.

And subsequently unanimously decided he was guilty.

Doesn’t that count for something?
Absolutely A lot of it is common sense . Its not as if hes been framed or set up in anyway . Just the evidence shown and an obvious conclusion drawn to join the dots as it were

Of course not.

But do you not think if the aunt of the girl that the accused was claiming murdered Alesha was specifically mentioned in relation to checking incriminating CCTV, at least one reporter might have picked up on it?
I don't really know why you attach such importance to it. Everybody who had CCTV would have been asked to check it, if they hadn't already thought to do so. Toni's aunt is Janette's friend, it's quite natural that she would mention it to her. I daresay that Toni asked everyone she knew to do the same.

Imo (especially as the 2am quote is detailed in relation to rewinding ) it could easily be as accurate as not ...and if nothing else is interesting in relation to the defence
It changes nothing as AC is guilty but interesting all the same

I don't really know why you attach such importance to it. Everybody who had CCTV would have been asked to check it, if they hadn't already thought to do so. Toni's aunt is Janette's friend, it's quite natural that she would mention it to her. I daresay that Toni asked everyone she knew to do the same.

For me it's not that the aunt asked for it to be checked...it the possibility she said T last saw Alesha at 2am

I think his message to friends that morning says it all really. "found the guy that did it".

Doesn't even matter that he sent it before anyone knew she'd been murdered. Or that he said "guy" when he would go on to accuse a girl.

It's his arrogance and self-assuredness, and thinking he's too clever for anyone to suspect he'd write that if he was the culprit.

To me, at the age of 16, it smacks of a someone who is manipulative, enjoys a psychological game, has no empathy, and fails to see things from other people's perspectives - an innocent teenager isn't really going to think there's anything to laugh about after hearing shocking news of the death of a child on his backdoor step. IMO. I think most if not all of any age group would have been both stunned and scared that they lived in such close proximity to a heinous monster and only hours after they had been partying in the locality. It leaves a feeling of shock, numbness and absolute horror when something of this gravity happens. He was on a different plane, he found amusement after his deeds.

In this context, I could agree with you given what's happened and what we know about Aaron and what happened to Alesha, but I think in general some people just have really dark senses of humour. There are things certain people would be disgusted to ever joke about yet I know people who just find twisted things quite funny, but they're actually pretty decent human beings. They joke about things that most people would cover their ears at but I think that's just the way some people are and especially when you're a teenager it can be heightened.

You might well be right.

But I don’t think it sits quite right with what was said in court (or what was reported at least)

Which is that the mum checked the CCTV when she knew Alesha had gone missing. And we know she was alerted to that at about 7.30am by the commotion outside.

If she’s been directed specifically to check CCTV I feel she’d have mentioned it given the family connection.

Has there been any indication as to why the friends and also the sister left at 12.30 but the convict didn't go with them?
He is quoted as saying he wanted to buy cannibas and sleep. Can only presume it was simply because he did't feel like it or some other ulterior motive that is undisclosed

You might well be right.

But I don’t think it sits quite right with what was said in court (or what was reported at least)

Which is that the mum checked the CCTV when she knew Alesha had gone missing. And we know she was alerted to that at about 7.30am by the commotion outside.

If she’s been directed specifically to check CCTV I feel she’d have mentioned it given the family connection.
I just do not see anything sinister there.

Gonna leave this thread now as I’m finding myself getting increasingly annoyed with some of the theories on here, and it really serves no purpose and feels very disrespectful getting wound up over pixels on a screen when a young girl is dead.

Thank you to everyone who’s contributed to this thread, and particularly to those who have kept us constantly updated with developments - HayLouise and Alyce spring to mind.

I’ve genuinely never read about something that affected me as much. I’ve shed plenty of tears thinking about what that poor wee girl went through.

It’s made me go home every day and give my young daughter an extra long kiss and cuddle every single time I had the chance.

God bless you Alesha. It pains me to live in a world that such a thing could happen to you x

I think, with this being a particularly horrific crime, coupled with it taking place on a small island, they would have eventually found him, probably by process of elimination and if necessary, by taking voluntary dna samples from the most likely suspects.
Quite possibly but would have taken more time at the very least

We know it's not true because his defense would have brought it up.
Would his mother even have been allowed to quote on the case during a trial or are we to believe this happened after the trial . Not really relevant to case unless someone is trying to incriminate or implicate someone else in the abduction which has already been looked at and considered in the trial . If someone feels there was not due process the please feel free to raise it with the criminal justice system to allay their fears although in line with sleuthing you are entitled to state an opinion if you have one on here of events

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes