GUILTY UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
they will get access as part of college or job seeking etc towards the end of their prison term but this will be monitored during class time . I doubt AC will be allowed access to the internet.

Surely AC would be deemed insane given what we know and don't know about the injuries?
I won't ever get my head around this case: a relatively normal behaving sixteen year old boy, not a loner, camping with his friends a few days before committing the most horrendous murder in Scottish criminal history with some details to be kept on record. I don't really blame any questions or theories that people have about it.

Surely AC would be deemed insane given what we know and don't know about the injuries?
I won't ever get my head around this case: a relatively normal behaving sixteen year old boy, not a loner, camping with his friends a few days before committing the most horrendous murder in Scottish criminal history with some details to be kept on record. I don't really blame any questions or theories that people have about it.
I was thinking the exact same thing this morning. Perhaps they need to wait until he's 18 to declare him insane if he were? It's all so devastating.

Poor Georgina. I don't know if I would have been able to not cry had I been there in court. Bad enough watching it on livestream. Wonder how the Judge and legal teams keep it together when it's intense like that. Discipline I suppose.

Yeah, I suppose they've had to build up a tolerance to it over years of experience. The judge seemed to have visible contempt for Aaron though. It definitely was sad, I think everyone in the courtroom felt awful.

Has the experience put you off attending court again or do you think you might attend one day again?

I definitely felt deflated after leaving. Maybe I shouldn't attend court cases involving such graphic subject matter or children. But I'm sure I will attend a court case again one day. I do find them interesting. I assume you've attended quite a few yourself of course?

I definitely felt deflated after leaving. Maybe I shouldn't attend court cases involving such graphic subject matter or children. But I'm sure I will attend a court case again one day. I do find them interesting. I assume you've attended quite a few yourself of course?
Sorry to hear you felt so deflated. It's totally understandable given the nature of the case. Actually being there in court adds another dimension to it I feel. Yes, I've been to a few but not as serious. Lots of waiting around and very slow going but very interesting to see the mechanics of the legal system in action. It's really not as glamorous as TV and film make out the majority of the time. Attending court, for me, helped to see the reality involved in the law, albeit from a distance.

Sorry to hear you felt so deflated. It's totally understandable given the nature of the case. Actually being there in court adds another dimension to it I feel. Yes, I've been to a few but not as serious. Lots of waiting around and very slow going but very interesting to see the mechanics of the legal system in action. It's really not as glamorous as TV and film make out the majority of the time. Attending court, for me, helped to see the reality involved in the law, albeit from a distance.
My only experience of court is one stint of jury service. I feel sorry for the jury in this case, they must have had to listen to some horrible things.

My only experience of court is one stint of jury service. I feel sorry for the jury in this case, they must have had to listen to some horrible things.
Yes, I feel sorry for the jury in this case too. Haven't experienced jury service like yourself. Can't imagine how much of a responsibility that would be. I know someone (obviously they couldn't tell me any details at all) who has been called to jury service three times.

Yes, I feel sorry for the jury in this case too. Haven't experienced jury service like yourself. Can't imagine how much of a responsibility that would be. I know someone (obviously they couldn't tell me any details at all) who has been called to jury service three times.
Its a lot of pressure being a juror, you feel if you get it wrong either way there are serious consequences for somebody. And I was only a juror in a minor assault case, a juror in a murder trial must feel very pressurised.

I hope the judge gave these jurors an exemption from doing jury service again for a while, it must have been a harrowing experience to be on this jury.

Thank you. Yes, it really does. It was certainly interesting to see how it all worked and the layout of the courtroom too. Ah right. Oh yeah, it can be really slow at times, I felt nervous waiting for some reason. But I definitely agree. An insightful experience. I suppose they have to dramatise it for cinema. That's good though, gives you a good perspective on it

Its a lot of pressure being a juror, you feel if you get it wrong either way there are serious consequences for somebody. And I was only a juror in a minor assault case, a juror in a murder trial must feel very pressurised.

I hope the judge gave these jurors an exemption from doing jury service again for a while, it must have been a harrowing experience to be on this jury.
Absolutely. Really hope the jury have had extra support. Don't think society appreciate what jurors go through enough. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

I was wondering about that - didn't hear it mentioned but surely it would be a very proper thing to do.

In two cases I have followed in the past few years, this has happened, and neither of those cases had the graphic detail of this one.

The judge offered them counselling and said they wouldn't have to sit on a jury again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela