UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -teen arrested

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A possible scenario is that the accused entered the house not knowing exactly who was inside. Perhaps he entered looking for drugs.

Yep, and as unlikely as it is it's not a totally out of this world theory. I think the defence is going to dig deeper on the alleged sexual relationship. Possibly dig up old messages etc.

If he had mentioned this when he was first questioned I might be inclined to think it's not entirely impossible. It appears he made this up while in custody.

I do believe something existed between the two. The claim that she confided in him about 'abuse', the fact the father was on bail for a domestic, neighbours seeing and hearing violent arguments. It is not painting the family in good light. That is not relevant to the brutal events of this case, however:

All that is needed is reasonable doubt and you get a not proven verdict.

It may well be that Toni complained to the Accused about her relationship with Rab -
Toni's family members and the Accuseds family members were close friends so its not unreasonable to expect that Toni & the Accused were well acquainted ... that does NOT at all mean that there was a sexual element to their relationship ... other than in his head maybe.

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind at all, not even 1% that Toni was involved or that the Accused is anything other than guilty on all counts.

10:33KEY EVENT

Alesha MacPhail's family warned to leave court

The family of Alesha MacPhail have been warned they may want to leave court before pathologist Dr John Williams gives evidence.

Before starting his testimony about the post-mortem, Alesha’s family are told they may want to leave the room.

Dr Williams was one of the pathologists who carried out the post-mortem on the girl, six.

Boy due in court accused of raping and murdering six-year-old Alesha MacPhail

If he had mentioned this when he was first questioned I might be inclined to think it's not entirely impossible. It appears he made this up while in custody.
Not necessarily... If he was to be telling the truth (don't believe it) he would have had no reason to think that is dna would have been "planted" when first taken into custody to come out with this claim, and not telling the police he had sex with TM isnt a sign of guilt...
Possibly reasonable doubt?
I don't believe it but the jury has to see proof beyond reasonable doubt and I am concerned

Not necessarily... If he was to be telling the truth (don't believe it) he would have had no reason to think that is dna would have been "planted" when first taken into custody to come out with this claim, and not telling the police he had sex with TM isnt a sign of guilt...
I don't believe it but the jury has to see proof beyond reasonable doubt and I am concerned

Yes, good point.

10:49KEY EVENT

Graphic images shown to court

Graphic images of Alesha’s body are shown to the court.

Her close family members are not present at this time.

Dr Williams describes arriving on the scene and explains the girl’s injuries in detail.

He said it was very hard to determine the exact time of death.

bbm

Bit in Bold - It is evidence though, however much weight they want to attribute to it. I would attach weight to it as a juror - he admitted to the police he took drugs so why not admit to having sex?

Connor Gillies‏Verified account @ConnorGillies

Dr Williams agrees Alesha’s feet appeared uninjured. Agreed it would be consistent with the victim being carried to the area where her body was found.

Dr Williams noted injuries consistent with pressure to Alesha’s neck and face.

Dr Williams noted 117 injuries on Alesha’s body. Prosecution stresses not all of those would be “blows inflicted”. Injuries also could be from the terrain where she was killed.

BBM

10:56

Pathologist says Alesha's feet were clean indicating she was carried

The pathologist says when he examined Alesha the soles of her feet were clean and uninjured.

The court hears she went to bed with no socks on the night before she disappeared.

Dr Williams agrees this indicates Alesha was carried or taken to the site where her body was found.

BBM

Bit in Bold - It is evidence though, however much weight they want to attribute to it. I would attach weight to it as a juror - he admitted to the police he took drugs so why not admit to having sex?

And also mention specific places where they had sex over a period of time. The bus shelter in Port Bannatyne is quite specific as is the garden shed etc.

Fraser Knight‏ @Fraser_Knight

Extremely graphic images shown to the court as Dr Williams describes grazes and bruising, as well as traces of blood seen across Alesha’s body. None of Alesha’s close family members are present in the court room.

When Alesha’s body was examined, her feet were “largely uninjured and clean” - observations agreed to be consistent with her being carried or taken to the area where she was found, the court hears.

Graphic images shown to the court as Dr Williams describes grazes across Alesha’s body, as well as blood and tears on her genitalia. None of Alesha’s close family members are present in the court room.

This is unbearable to read ... I don't know how her poor family can cope ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rebel23