UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -teen arrested

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
".......He said Alesha was only allowed out by herself to play on a trampoline in the garden. "

Taken from Daily mail article Public walk out of murder trial after pictures of girl, six, are shown to jury | Daily Mail Online

Someone above mentioned trampolining - maybe there was a communal garden to he property (sorry not checked this out) and there was a relationship with the victim based upon this interest.

All just speculation, but it rang a bell when someone above mentioned it.

".......He said Alesha was only allowed out by herself to play on a trampoline in the garden. "

Taken from Daily mail article Public walk out of murder trial after pictures of girl, six, are shown to jury | Daily Mail Online

Someone above mentioned trampolining - maybe there was a communal garden to he property (sorry not checked this out) and there was a relationship with the victim based upon this interest.

All just speculation, but it rang a bell when someone above mentioned it.

The Accused had a HUGE open trampoline and Parkour set up in his huge back garden ...

I personally don't believe he would have had any kind of friendship/relationship with Alesha. I think at best he'd see her out and about with Dad, Toni, Grandparents ... she may say 'that's my Dads friend' or 'someone my Dad knows' ... but that's it!

The Accused had a HUGE open trampoline and Parkour set up in his huge back garden ...

I personally don't believe he would have had any kind of friendship/relationship with Alesha. I think at best he'd see her out and about with Dad, Toni, Grandparents ... she may say 'that's my Dads friend' or 'someone my Dad knows' ... but that's it!

I wonder if it was a normal thing for the neighbourhood kids to go round there to play in the garden then?

Do we think there was some sort of "romantic" relationship between accused and Toni M ?

View attachment 169129

IMO, no. There would be a string of messages on whatever social media platform they apparently spoke on. Also why would the accused contact RM if he was meeting his partner in that capacity. On top of that the idea of someone getting out of the bed they share with their partner and leaving the house to have sex with someone else then returning to bed undetected, seems harder to grasp that someone abducting a sleeping child from a house with 4 adults undetected.
Also not sure where the accused is suggesting that TM had time to carry out any of this given she was allegedly having sex with him in a shed then had time to return home, abduct Alesha, etc etc all between 2am and 6am.
However that doesn't exclude the possibility that at some point they had some form of relationship however again I am inclined to doubt that as the impression I am under is that TM is connected to the accuseds family (because accused mum requested they stop selling him cannibus throw TM suggesting a link)
Another point .... If this is the safe place where people leave their doors unlocked etc why does the accuseds mum have CCTV? Just a thought

IMO, no. There would be a string of messages on whatever social media platform they apparently spoke on. Also why would the accused contact RM if he was meeting his partner in that capacity. On top of that the idea of someone getting out of the bed they share with their partner and leaving the house to have sex with someone else then returning to bed undetected, seems harder to grasp that someone abducting a sleeping child from a house with 4 adults undetected.
Also not sure where the accused is suggesting that TM had time to carry out any of this given she was allegedly having sex with him in a shed then had time to return home, abduct Alesha, etc etc all between 2am and 6am.
However that doesn't exclude the possibility that at some point they had some form of relationship however again I am inclined to doubt that as the impression I am under is that TM is connected to the accuseds family (because accused mum requested they stop selling him cannibus throw TM suggesting a link)
Another point .... If this is the safe place where people leave their doors unlocked etc why does the accuseds mum have CCTV? Just a thought

Thanks Embro - my thoughts exactly just wondered what everyone else thought - Don't think the accused is wired up correctly - I'd say Ian McConnchie is thinking he has the case from hell

I believe it's the Accused mum and Toni's Aunt that are close friends.

To add ... exactly right! IF there was ANY truth in his bull sheet ;) defence - Instagram messages, Facebook messenger messages- ANYTHING ... Toni would have been arrested and at least questioned. If that had happened we'd know about it.

His defence is genuinely SO ridiculous that it's barely worth us discussing it ...

Fraser Knight‏ @Fraser_Knight

Tonight's report for @LBC from the second day of evidence at the Alesha MacPhail murder trial. 18 y/o Toni-Louise McLachlan, girlfriend of Alesha's dad, denies any involvement in the child's rape and murder. The 16 y/o accused denies the charges and blames her. Trial continues.

Fraser Knight on Twitter

(Audio at link)

I am reluctant to ask this, but if anyone can clear this up it would be helpful.
Regarding the accuseds story about the condom, is he suggesting that a condom that was found at the scene of the crime was planted, or is he suggesting that TM poured the contents of a condom at the scene of the crime?

I am reluctant to ask this, but if anyone can clear this up it would be helpful.
Regarding the accuseds story about the condom, is he suggesting that a condom that was found at the scene of the crime was planted, or is he suggesting that TM poured the contents of a condom at the scene of the crime?

I think it was the latter

Connor Gillies‏Verified account @ConnorGillies

Toni denies taking used condom of the accused, taking Alesha from her room to woods before attacking the 6 year old and “planting” accused’s semen.

James Matthews‏Verified account @jamesmatthewsky

Under cross-examination, Toni Louise McLachlan says no repeatedly to suggestions by Brian McConnachie QC, for the accused, that she had sex with accused on night Alesha died, that she murdered Alesha and used contents of condom to plant evidence.

It would be the later as her DNA would also have been found on the outside.

Thank you for clearing that up.
It is an utterly ridiculous defence but it worries me...

08:42KEY EVENT

Recap from day three - Girlfriend of Alesha's dad denies murdering girl

During the third day of proceedings at Glasgow’s High Court, the girlfriend of Alesha MacPhail’s dad Robert Mac Phail gave evidence and denied having anything to do with the girl’s murder.

The teen accused of abducting, raping and murdering Alesha has has lodged a special defence of incrimination stating Ms Toni-Louise McLachlan committed the crime.

While giving evidence, Ms McLachlan denied having sex with the accused, keeping the used condom, abducting and attacking the girl before planting the accused’s semen as evidence.

It also emerged Ms McLachlan woke up on the morning of Alesha’s disappearance to a missed call from the accused. A transcript of their messages was shown to the court.

DC Gavin McKellar told the court that the accused voluntarily spoke to police after his mother contacted them concerned about footage that had been captured on CCTV.

0_THP_CHP_130219SLUG_2630JPG.jpg

Alesha with dad Robert MacPhail and Ms Toni-Louise McLachlan (Image: Facebook)

Boy due in court accused of raping and murdering six-year-old Alesha MacPhail

A possible scenario is that the accused entered the house not knowing exactly who was inside. Perhaps he entered looking for drugs.
Thank you for clearing that up.
It is an utterly ridiculous defence but it worries me...

Yep, and as unlikely as it is it's not a totally out of this world theory. I think the defence is going to dig deeper on the alleged sexual relationship. Possibly dig up old messages etc.

If he had mentioned this when he was first questioned I might be inclined to think it's not entirely impossible. It appears he made this up while in custody.

I do believe something existed between the two. The claim that she confided in him about 'abuse', the fact the father was on bail for a domestic, neighbours seeing and hearing violent arguments. It is not painting the family in good light. That is not relevant to the brutal events of this case, however:

All that is needed is reasonable doubt and you get a not proven verdict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rebel23