UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -teen arrested

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if he came sneaking back home in the middle of the night naked that would definitely count as 'strange behaviour' ... and I'd easily believe that that's what she saw on the CCTV.

Yup, will she take the stand?

The supposed comment "its for the best". What could that even relate to, hypothetically? For the best why? It makes no sense. I maybe understand someone saying it if they thought the person had gone thro sheer hell and may never recover. Altho I wouldnt think like that personally. Obv she denies saying it anyway but its an odd phrase to put forward

The supposed comment "its for the best". What could that even relate to, hypothetically? For the best why? It makes no sense. I maybe understand someone saying it if they thought the person had gone thro sheer hell and may never recover. Altho I wouldnt think like that personally. Obv she denies saying it anyway but its an odd phrase to put forward

It will be hearsay that the accused has made up in his head. I can bet you ‘mr nobody’ will take the stand on that comment.

The defence asked her: "did she love Alesha?" Then questions were asked about jealousy. I think we know what they were trying to insinuate.

I’m thinking the CCTV his mum called in might have something incriminating on it rather than just entering and leaving again.
Even just entering in one set of clothes and leaving in another. It must take a lot for a Mum to consider their child is involved in the disappearance of a young child.
Quite unusual
I literally lol'd at this. Thinking it might be the most desperate defense I've ever heard.
Surely DNA from the clothes and knife/ implement/ condom/ Aleshas injuries would prove whether TM was involved ( or not, am pretty sure not!). I’m not sure when this would be brought up...but I guess this will be covered in the prosecution cross exam if the accused gives evidence.
I do think there’s something quite fishy about TM and the accuseds relationship, and I find it extremely strange that he entered the house without anyone knowing, possibly TM and RM were pretty out of it though.

Questioned about evidence from [Grandparent] Angela King’s neighbour that she had heard McLachlan shouting for help and the sounds of violent arguments when the couple were staying together in the grandparents’ flat, she denied that too.

Girlfriend of Alesha MacPhail's father denies child's murder

I can't see a neighbour making that up, but hopefully, they are summoned and appear under oath.

Quite unusual

Surely DNA from the clothes and knife/ implement/ condom/ Aleshas injuries would prove whether TM was involved ( or not, am pretty sure not!). I’m not sure when this would be brought up...but I guess this will be covered in the prosecution cross exam if the accused gives evidence.
I do think there’s something quite fishy about TM and the accuseds relationship, and I find it extremely strange that he entered the house without anyone knowing, possibly TM and RM were pretty out of it though.

The grandparents were in the house too, but nobody heard a thing.

They seem to be implying that the accused and TM had been together previously and that they had sex on the night.

This one is just confusing so far, with how on earth he could get in and get her out, given there were four adults in the house. I wonder how much context we're missing due to keeping him anonymous? I remember the Elizabeth and Katie Edwards case where it made little sense how the killers got access to the house (or why they stuck around afterwards) unless you knew one of them was the other daughter and lived there. If it wasn't for the fact that RM testified that the defendant here has never been in the house, I'd have guessed at a similar situation!

As to the defence, nope, I just cannot believe it, it's too farfetched. Kind of idea I could see a 16-year-old coming up with tbh, but no, I can't see it. If nothing else, using the contents of a condom to plant evidence would be likely to end up contaminating the scene with DNA from the outside of the condom, in which case there'd be two people in the dock right now...

This one is just confusing so far, with how on earth he could get in and get her out, given there were four adults in the house. I wonder how much context we're missing due to keeping him anonymous? I remember the Elizabeth and Katie Edwards case where it made little sense how the killers got access to the house (or why they stuck around afterwards) unless you knew one of them was the other daughter and lived there. If it wasn't for the fact that RM testified that the defendant here has never been in the house, I'd have guessed at a similar situation!

As to the defence, nope, I just cannot believe it, it's too farfetched. Kind of idea I could see a 16-year-old coming up with tbh, but no, I can't see it. If nothing else, using the contents of a condom to plant evidence would be likely to end up contaminating the scene with DNA from the outside of the condom, in which case there'd be two people in the dock right now...

Yes ... most condoms are pre-lubricated/contain spermicide so IF his 'I was framed' theory were true then forensics could surely tell ...

Not that I believe his ball sheet anyway!

Great post! Hit the nail on the head with your comments.

I’ve thought for a while how he may have took her without any of the adults hearing and the only conclusion I come to is maybe she was somewhat complaisant. For all we know he may not have went in all guns blazen, throwing a knife about and rather said to her quietly maybe whispering ‘come with me, your dad needs to see you outside’. Given that she would have been half asleep she may have obeyed. Some children are that way inclined, they trust their elders, albeit he was only 16 to her he was older. Some children you come across are over trusting, and it’s just the way they are. Some kids don’t ask questions, whereas some need to know the ins and outs of everything in fine detail (my 6 YO daughter)...

Last edited:
For all we know, he may have promised to take her to see something special prior to this and told her he'd come and get her but she'd have to keep it secret. You know, fairies, puppies, that sort of thing. I think she'd have to have been either compliant or unconscious/deeply asleep to leave the flat without anyone hearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smfranklin96