UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -teen arrested

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's clearly not the point that was being made...nobody, except the Police (and direct family/friends) will know what's actually happened...certainly not some random people on the Websleuths forum (or on social media).

We don't know what the POI is being charged with yet, what they have done...how they have done it...if anyone else is involved etc.

I'm even thinking speculating about stuff like this regarding a young child being killed is inherently wrong...imagine if the parents somehow stumbled across this thread, discussing stuff like their child being sexually attacked...how would you feel if that was your child?

Not sure I can comment on how I would feel if that was my child, as thats not what my post was about.

I'm happy to have anyone disagree and debate with me but, you are quoting your opinion as fact and you are factually incorrect. I also have professional experience of life after release with which I form my opinion.

I was trying to be helpful when pointing you in the direction of a book which contains a factual account, written by a respected journalist, of the hoops Venables & Thompson had to (rightfully) jump through and the life WITHOUT police protection that they live but, if you're too arrogant to even consider another point of view then I shall bid you good day.

I have experience with life after release too and I assure you that she is happy in her home with her new identity protected by the LE, she even had people assigned to her for free to help her secure a home and a job and everything else. These people have an easy ride of it and it's sick... meanwhile the families (i.e. me) go on in pain while they put their actions behind them while they are protected by authorities. We have been put through hell following her release and she has an easy time!

Last edited:
Other threads on this site debating when children have been murdered...and places like social media etc.

I'm not sure if it's ethical...after signing up and joining, I'm now thinking from the perspective of a parent what I would think if I saw something like this about my child (people debating the fact they must have been sexually assaulted, what was done to them...how it was done etc).

Have I said outright, ir implied, anywhere that I don't think he's involved? The answer to that is no!

Of course I beleive he's involved!
But as yet, we know nothing as fact, excluding facebook gossip! Other than, a child is dead and a 16 year old charged in connection with her death.

Assuming anything further is pointless.

Deleted.

Last edited:
1408999.jpg

Alesha MacPhail: Boy, 16, due in court

Just beyond that house is a gravel lane on the right that leads up to the coach works and the entrance to the woods.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking they're maybe looking for a mobile phone.

How could it be compromised? I don’t understand what could change the evidence they have to charge him in the first place?

Because they charge as soon as they have a minimum of evidence, but they like to go on gathering more evidence and more witnesses right up to the time of the actual trial as then the jury (if they use one) or the judge panel are more likely to be convinced. If there is a chance that witnesses have been influenced between the event and the trial, that could weaken their evidence.

I'd like to think we'll get to know the charges, but who knows?

I think today he will just confirm his name and the court will be closed so we hear nothing. I still don't think the police have enough evidence tbh. I think they have some which they could use for a lesser charge but not as much as they would like.

There are two flats the upper one where the MacPhails & (Rab McPhail's girlfriend on occasion) stayed & the ground floor flat.
The entrance to the ground floor flat is the front door of the building.
Entry to the top floor flat is achieved by a stair tower at the rear

Looks like more than two flats to me, there are more than two floors. Or do you know of this layout from somewhere reliable?

And another further year before he can watch on a movie things like he would have been enjoying with his wife for two years. Yes I don't understand the ages thing at all either.
nd
Because they charge as soon as they have a minimum of evidence, but they like to go on gathering more evidence and more witnesses right up to the time of the actual trial as then the jury (if they use one) or the judge panel are more likely to be convinced. If there is a chance that witnesses have been influenced between the event and the trial, that could weaken their evidence.
Yes i understand that but he will be judged in court on evidence not opinions.

For the new people, it might seem cruel, but we speculate and form opinions based on the many cases we have followed. There's no disrespect to the family intended. This website is called Webslueths because that's what we do-sleuth.

You are sure others like what?

For the new people, it might seem cruel, but we speculate and form opinions based on the many cases we have followed. There's no disrespect to the family intended. This website is called Webslueths because that's what we do-sleuth.

I'd like to understand how you can 'sleuth' something where you have minimal information, as at the moment there is fairly little to go on?

To be able to sleuth, you need intel/facts...not gossip from social media, which probably has absolutely no truth.

I'd also suggest that commenting on whether a child has been sexually assaulted or not constitutes nothing whatsoever to do with 'sleuthing'.

To me...sleuthing should be about cases where there is intel, that remain unsolved...which people can then attempt to put together new theories etc (not cases that have literally just happened, where only the police will really have any intel)...there appears to be a basic lack of human empathy here.

...and for that reason, I'm out of here...not really what I signed up for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne