UK UK - Anthony Knott, 33, last seen at a pub in Lewes, Sussex, 20 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
theres no sign of him in the area

so yes, being picked up by car is quite likely, and thats my theory too. either pre arranged or on impulse
I agree - he has vanished and is not seen again after the last footage on CCTV. Leaving by vehicle would certainly explain why he hasn’t been seen again on foot. Did the Police manage to get CCTV of all of the vehicles leaving that area at the time he vanished? I did wonder if he was walking to meet someone in a car, possibly someone who also wasn’t too familiar with Lewes and he was perhaps walking around looking for the person he was supposed to have been meeting. The phone being off could have been flat.

if he had been out since lunchtime then likely his phone was completely out of charge. i read on Lewes present that its an iPhone

would he have gone out in search of a charger?

if he had been out since lunchtime then likely his phone was completely out of charge. i read on Lewes present that its an iPhone

would he have gone out in search of a charger?
He’s a smoker, more likely cigarettes. If I run out of charge I beg at each bar for a charger and once took my daughter out to buy a power bank- I wouldn’t walk the streets looking for a charge for my phone though.

yet again...i'm wondering about meet up apps

grindr
whatsapp chat

would he be active on something like that i wonder? meeting someone whilst out for the (long) night out
I know it’s not a popular opinion right now, but I actually keep wondering the same thing. With the water being close by, that makes the best sense, but I keep thinking about a brief encounter while he was out, which may also be a possible scenario. MOO.

He’s a smoker, more likely cigarettes. If I run out of charge I beg at each bar for a charger and once took my daughter out to buy a power bank- I wouldn’t walk the streets looking for a charge for my phone though.

I would, i would prioritise phone.....that way he is able to communicate with his wife who needed him back so he could go to work.....and keep in touch with mates.....take the obligatory selfie.(seen some his mates took already that night) and if he was meeting someone, then communicate with them. he would need a full charge, not couple of mins worth in the bar he's in. he left just as it supposedly ran out.....he needed charge so seemed to be doing something about it. could be the reason he left the bar.

he was a massive football fan...was there important games coming up? was he on apps and groups which was football chat?

I would, i would prioritise phone.....that way he is able to communicate with his wife who needed him back so he could go to work.....and keep in touch with mates.....take the obligatory selfie.(seen some his mates took already that night) and if he was meeting someone, then communicate with them. he would need a full charge, not couple of mins worth in the bar he's in. he left just as it supposedly ran out.....he needed charge so seemed to be doing something about it. could be the reason he left the bar.

he was a massive football fan...was there important games coming up? was he on apps and groups which was football chat?
So hypothetically this is you- what would you do at 7.30 to find charge?

go find a newsagent/corner shop/supermarket to buy one of those disposable chargers. thats what i would do

but what he would do....who knows?? maybe he wanted cigarettes AND a charger

reading through his social media, hearing his friends/family talk about him, all gives me the sense of him using his phone a lot

go find a newsagent/corner shop/supermarket to buy one of those disposable chargers. thats what i would do

but what he would do....who knows?? maybe he wanted cigarettes AND a charger

reading through his social media, hearing his friends/family talk about him, all gives me the sense of him using his phone a lot
So the only places open are Waitrose and Tesco for that kind of stuff. ( and cigarettes, although it has been said, but I’m not 100%), that the housing estate next to E&C has corner shops for that kind of thing

That is quite untrue- in fact there are schools of thought that believe a proportion of people in the military, for example, are autistic. They are far less likely to be swayed by emotion and thrive on rules and guidance without seeing the fear many do.
I agree with you in this regard
I have experienced many a staff member of mine in the Police who have a variety of different spectrum disorders ( if that’s the right terminology and if not then I apologise), which includes autism and Aspergers and ADHD and it can actually benefit the role and the team that they work with in many ways ... it’s certainly not a blanket bar to being able to perform an emergency service role and can often be a good mix into the skills set of the team
all MOO

After the clip with the two people with carrier bags who are walking in front of the third person, am I right in thinking that Anthony is seen after this on his own walking back the way? When I watch the clip I see them turning their heads to their right possibly when they hear the car and on approaching the crossing but I can’t make out if they are talking to the third person behind. Also, I have read that the female crosses over but I can’t make that out either and I have watched it a few times. I keep thinking that he left the pub on purpose, he had a reason to leave. He was in a place that he was not familiar with and he was with friends and colleagues but he left the pub. I wonder how the afternoon had gone and how the conversation in the run up to him leaving. I assume the Police will have interviewed all of the people who were with him as well as others who were in the pub and the staff.

The footage you have seen is zoomed in. The original footage shows the female crossing. The MISPER returns about 20 minutes later essentially walking back along the same route. The original footage released isnt the best because it is played as one sequence and gives the impression he wslked down the street and turned back immediately. Ive noticed the speculation about him drowning. Experiance suggests this is the likely outcome however 3 things are bugging me 1) The phone being turned off or running out of battery seems a bit coincidental and i dont like coincidences 2) The last foitage that has been released to the public at least, shows him walking away from the water 3) He was a fireman (although only for 18 months) he doesnt seem so drunk he is incapacitated or stupified in the footage and so you would kind of expect him to know the dangers of floid waters or any water and steer clear.

When do you leave a crowd you are out with?
You don't feel comfortable in the company, where things are working out the way you don't like after everybody had enough alcohol. You misbehaved yourself and was set back by the group...feeling a little let down and ashamed....You are totally fed up with the amount of alcohol you took...you were bullied under the pretension it was just joking around.....should I go on...?

In Fairness i often just leave works do's without saying goodbye or anything. Reason being i know my limit and if i tell them im going everyone wants to buy you a pint to persuade you to stay. Loads of times ive just upped sticks then i will text one of the group to say i have left and why.

Yep, I think this is more along the right lines IMO

Something was said, he gets pissed off, walks out the pub and turns his phone off in a huff. He then storms off (the CCTV from the garage shows him walking quite fast - in addition to his bouncy gait - and not looking happy).

He then realises he doesn’t really know where he’s going so goes back to find them and gets lost.

Source: Me - I’ve stupidly done this many a time after a few drinks

Regarding the bouncy gait and rubbing of his hands. His fiance states that this is the way he walks and the rubbing of his hands seen in one of the shots is apparently a habit he has.

Rubbing hands could have been something as simple as someone finding out the football scores and rubbing/clapping of hands when finding out their team has won. Some people naturally rub their hands when they are cold, excited, happy etc. I don’t think too much emphasis should be put on his doing this.

I think whoever it was deleted their post. It postulated that the couple were Asian I was wondering if they were east Asian Or middle Eastern. As both countries seen to classify them differently.

Apologies i think this was me. I entered my text inside a quote so its difficult to view. Asian was a poor description. Muslim. Guy looks like he has features similar to those on the Indian subcontinent. Female looks like she may be wearing Muslim headgear. Also she appwears to be walking a steady distance behind the male which is still done in many traditional Muslim families.

i don't know about water

its the fact he left the pub/friends and turned his phone off that bugs me.....thats what i cant get past. its purposeful. i have always felt he has arranged to meet someone, maybe doubling it up with his night out.....i feel like he left to look for something/someone specific

and maybe he found it and thats where he is right now. locked in somewhere maybe. trapped. my opinion only.
We dont know that he turned his phone off for sure, battery could have died but for me that would be a massive coincidence.

After the last sighting on CCTV walking back towards the pub, is it possible that he was picked up by someone in a car and that is why he is not seen again and seems to have vanished after the last footage of him? When his phone was last used, do we know if it was a call, message or internet?
The suggestion on Facebook from his Fiance was data useage. Most are suggesting he was using google maps but equally he could have been using a meet up site. Equally he could have been checking bbc bews!

The suggestion on Facebook from his Fiance was data useage. Most are suggesting he was using google maps but equally he could have been using a meet up site. Equally he could have been checking bbc bews!
And we know for most of that it was just in his pocket updating apps or what not, as he was on CCTV and it wasn’t in his hand- or in someone else’s hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper