Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #1 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget the car has a silver flash down the side, which would have been the brightest thing, perhaps reflecting the light and being the most memorable thing about the car.

At the time, the 7 year old (M iirc) may not have thought anything of April getting in the car. At one point it was said that April's mother went to M house to find out if April was there, which is when she found out what had happened - I don't think M ran indoors shouting that April had been abducted, probably because it hadn't occurred to her that it was a 'bad thing' and so therefore would not necessarily have made a point of looking closely or remembering things in great detail.

I'm not sure she said it was a left hand drive car, but she was probably able to tell them which way the car was facing and if April got in the door closest to them, or the one furthest away.

However, I am still finding all the information about the cars to be quite muddled. We saw the police surrounding a Ford Connect and at last night's news conference it was said they had one Landrover and were still looking for a light coloured Landrover Discovery.

I wonder whether when MB put his car into the garage he was loaned another vehicle, maybe by the garage? There are statements saying 'he had access to' other vehicles

I thought it was stated in some article early on that the little girl begged April not to get in the van, and April said it was ok, she knew them/him. I remember quite a discussion over the use of the word 'them', but could someone have not heard correctly and she actually said 'him'?

I thought it was stated in some article early on that the little girl begged April not to get in the van, and April said it was ok, she knew them/him. I remember quite a discussion over the use of the word 'them', but could someone have not heard correctly and she actually said 'him'?

Or could the words be the other child's and not verbatim what April said at all?

Mail online are quoting the step grandmother saying the MB lived next door to the family for a short time.

gentle reminder: if posting a minor's name other than the April's please use initials. Thanks so much

does anyone know if they search through the night ? or if they went home already . i so wanted to go to bed happy knowing she was home safe .

Volunteers looking for April, five, claim they saw Bridger walking on the bank minutes before the footage of the man fitting his description was taken at 1.45pm on Tuesday by a Channel 4 News team.

It is believed he asked one of the searchers if they had heard any news about the hunt for April.

Bridger was held as he walked along a roadside near the Dyfi bridge in Machynlleth, Powys, where the schoolgirl was kidnapped the night before.

Detectives are studying the image for further clues to the youngster’s abduction.

The dramatic development came as detectives refused to rule out the possibility the kidnapper was not working alone.

Police yesterday took the unusual step of naming Bridger as the man they arrested at 3.30pm on Tuesday over April’s *disappearance. Last night they were given an extra 12 hours to quiz him.

They said he was “wearing a *camouflage jacket, black over *trousers and *camouflage *trousers” when held.

He has been *interviewed twice by detectives but not charged with any offence.

Resident Paul Edwards told how he saw Bridger shortly before his arrest.

The 52-year-old added: “He was walking towards Machynlleth, he seemed to be walking normally and he was smiling.

"He was wearing his army jacket and carrying a cap.
”
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/april-jones-missing-police-probe-1359466

If he was a mechanic perhaps he worked at the garage where his car was found, and consequently had access to other vehicles there. Smiling? How odd when searching for the child

has anyone heard anything about the garage , is it the kind of garage where you take a car for repairs or the kind that you park your car in ? i couldnt tell from the picture , it seemed an odd place to park a car and more like a maintanance garage but then if he has several cars ......

I do wonder sometimes where the media get their information from. Do they simply get bored and try to find new and different ways to present the same information? I understand they do their own digging to get background information on the central characters, but quoting the detained man is pushing it a bit too far.

I think the old bill have been really good with their communications during this case, with regular news conferences and lots of additional statements and discussions with reporters. No other media seems to be running this line at the moment so do the Irish Times have their own secret mole who is feeding them little titbits?

Without context, its impossible to say what it means. I don't even know why the Irish Times bothered to quote it. That could mean anything from one extreme to the other - from, "I'm a nasty psychopath who won't help you" right the way through to "I'm an innocent person who's told you a million times I don't know anything."

That's a completely worthless quote, it seems to have been used for no other reason than to give the Irish Times a snazzy headline. I suppose they have to sell papers. :rolleyes:

I'm trying to figure out why April would get in the car and not the other girl also. As children, it would be more fun to be together, whether by walking home together or getting in a car together to be presumably driven home.
What I'm understanding is that April chose to get in the car alone, leaving her friend to walk home by herself. Or be picked up by some on else.

I'm trying to figure out why April would get in the car and not the other girl also. As children, it would be more fun to be together, whether by walking home together or getting in a car together to be presumably driven home.
What I'm understanding is that April chose to get in the car alone, leaving her friend to walk home by herself. Or be picked up by some on else.

I don't think it was that kind of a situation - the children were playing on a green in a housing estate, so it wouldn't be a question of anyone walking home alone or getting a lift home. They were in front of their own houses, (like a sort of communal front garden).

A better question is why April would see it as appropriate, even by 5 year old standards, to get into a car at all. What was she told to make her think it was a good idea to get into the vehicle?

April was reported to be playing on a bicycle. Why did she enter the vehicle and leave her bike behind? Or was the bike loaded into the vehicle, thereby giving the seven-year-old witness ample opportunity to identify the occupant?
Monday October 1, 7pm – April Jones is playing on a bicycle with friends near her home on the Bryn y Gog estate in Machynlleth when she is seen getting into a light-coloured van
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/2012/1...ter-five-year-old-disappeared-91466-31954843/ (timeline)

Thank you. I have been watching there too but it's the same few stories looping over and over, i thought i was going crazy! It says i can't watch live due to not being in the UK. Strange that you can watch and i can't. I'll just keep up via the news stories/updates.

I know whatcha mean! I was going nuts too! But then I found this link which gets live news coverage not just looping stories. Click on link then click on right hand side Sky news. It works for me and I'm in the US.
HTH!:seeya:

http://delicast.com/tv/UK/SKY_News

Sorry if this has been posted already, I'm trying to get caught up with all the posts.

Snip:

Detectives hunting for missing five-year-old April Jones are focusing their search on areas suggested by information provided by the man under arrest.

Snip:

Mr Jones, 43, and his wife, 40, reported April missing immediately, and it emerged last night that they had told police who they suspected the driver of the car was.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ses-on-areas-highlighted-by-arrested-man.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gypsysoul11