Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #1 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
News conference just about to start on Sky News but live cameras have been ordered outside.

Reports on Twitter state searchers turned up at 9am but are still waiting to be told where to search. They are waiting for members of the mountain rescue team to lead each group. I can see the sense in this as it is very mountainous.

My mistake, it's the search party briefing the cameras have been ordered outside for.

I think there may be 2 news conferences,one for the locals and then i think well get a national one.

Youre correct about the searchers,the police have asked them not to go out until they(the police ) can sort out an organised grid search so people arent all over the place.

Hate to say it but this is everywhere on the news,the abductor must be sh****ng himself.

Live press conference - I couldn't hear the questions very well, but these are his answers:

Significant numbers of public approaching them and giving information and have leads. Following up leads.

Lots of teams manning the dedicated phone line.

Difficult to give exact account of what happened. Had assistance from neighbouring Welsh and English police forces through the night.

Very very short.

The 'van' has been described as having a small front and a large back - could even be a landrover!

Presser- DSI Bevin

Nothing to suggest a struggle at this stage

Working through the night

Family's worst nightmare and being supported

No news but lots of meaningless waffle

Small van,large at the back would be volkswagen caddy or vauxhall combo type vans,i would think the older style as they do have small fronts but large backs,sorry i cant post pics of the vans.

The witnesses are saying she got into the driver's door of the vehicle. Could be from the continent? Or they lifted her onto their lap?

Have a very sketchy description of a MAN who abducted April from one of the children but are trying to make it more detailed before they release it.

Small van,large at the back would be volkswagen caddy or vauxhall combo type vans,i would think the older style as they do have small fronts but large backs,sorry i cant post pics of the vans.

imgVolkswagen%20Caddy2.jpg

Volkswagon caddy

I have to admit, when the first reports of a small van came out, this is just the shape I had in mind.

He may have offered her the chance to steer/drive the van,she would have to get onto his lap then.

imgVolkswagen%20Caddy2.jpg

Volkswagon caddy

I have to admit, when the first reports of a small van came out, this is just the shape I had in mind.

I reckon older shape Amber,they have car like fronts but boxy type backs..

I can find pics of what im on about but cant get them posted for some reason.

Lots of prayers.

Hope she is found safe sigh...

Spot on Amber,thanks,exactly what i was looking for.
Now to be a complete pain could you find and post a pic of an older vauxhall combo(corsa based van) please.

Spot on Amber,thanks,exactly what i was looking for.
Now to be a complete pain could you find and post a pic of an older vauxhall combo(corsa based van) please.

Can you hear me muttering under my breath from up there? ;)

If it was a van with the drivers side on the left then that would narrow it down somewhat if it was a local. There can't be many like that. I wonder if they have a family member or friend in mind? Not much is being said about the family.

Another thought - are there vans fitting that description that are more popular in Europe? Don't Citroen have a boxy van? Renault? Fiat? Just thinking on the left hand drive aspect ie, April got into the drivers side.

Another thought - vans fitting that description that are more popular in Europe? Don't Citroen have a boxy van? Renault? Fiat? Just thinking on the left hand drive aspect ie, April got into the drivers side.

Thanks for the pics Amber.Of the top of my head,Ford had a fiesta type van,theres the transit connect,i know citreon had a small van with large back,and Fiat.
Both the Citreon and Fiat had the small front large back.

Aberystwyth Police on Sky - low at front and higher at the back - suggested a Ford Connect or Land Rover type, but not limited to those.

Investigate team are asking the young witness for more details on the description - they don't sound very hopeful that it could be the help they need.

They have CCTV from LA, businesses and private individuals plus road traffic cameras to help them identify the vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AliWicked77