Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #2 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE may go ahead and do the charging before the deadline if they already know there is no chance of MB cooperating in any way.

I don't remember, did they say they found forensic evidence in his home in that case?

Also, police in this case called April's disappearance a murder after the finding of evidence in MP's house...that had to be drastic.

Don't think they found forensic evidence at Jefferies' place.

I don't remember, did they say they found forensic evidence in his home in that case?

Also, police in this case called April's disappearance a murder after the finding of evidence in MP's house...that had to be drastic.

At the time, the public had no idea why CJ was arrested. IIRC it came out later that LE had found a pair of shoes/trainers with blood on them under his kitchen cupboards, behind the kick boards possibly.

If the public had known that at the time, we might have better understood why he was being held under arrest for so long before being released

From what I understand, LE found forensic evidence in MB's home that not only linked him to April but proved she was not alive...at least that is what I am gathering from the articles and from LE's actions. That sounds like a pretty solid foundation for a charge, if true.

I don't find them being friends odd at all. It's a small town and i am sure mb isn't the only man they have in common jmo. What i do find odd is the notion that a group of women would get together and kill a child and outsmart LE just to get revenge on MB. Seems far fetched. But i guess anything is possible these days.

At this stage I was thinking of hiding rather than killing, were this scenario to have any reality.

I asked that question because I read an article that said he was released and then arrested for suspicion of murder so naturally I thought the clock started ticking over again on the time allowed to hold him & question MB more. I've been told otherwise though but that's was my assumption...I don't even know a fraction of US law so I won't doubt another countries law. ha ha

Good thinking! :)

I guess, I am allowing my thinking to be clouded by the Joanna Yeates case, in which police arrested Chris Jefferies and held him for the maximum time, before releasing him again.

I understand where you're coming from MoonFlwr, I followed the Joanna Yeates investigation closely, unfortunately CJ put himself (unintentionally) right in the middle of an active investigation with a vague interview, upon which the media leapt, the media were out of order & the police force/controlling bodies responsible did nothing (disgraceful!) to control or contain it, the attorney general stepped in, & I hope lessons were learnt from this.

Vincent Tabak pleaded guilty to Joanna's manslaughter, & was found guilty of her murder. Many thought (right up & during his trial) that he was a nice, educated, polite man etc & that he couldn't possibly have done it. They were wrong - he did.

d
Good thinking! :)

I guess, I am allowing my thinking to be clouded by the Joanna Yeates case, in which police arrested Chris Jefferies and held him for the maximum time, before releasing him again.

I understand where you're coming from MoonFlwr, I followed the Joanna Yeates investigation closely, unfortunately CJ put himself (unintentionally) right in the middle of an active investigation with a vague interview, upon which the media leapt, the media were out of order & the police force/controlling bodies responsible did nothing (disgraceful!) to control or contain it, the attorney general stepped in, & I hope lessons were learnt from this.

Vincent Tabak pleaded guilty to Joanna's manslaughter, & was found guilty of her murder. Many thought (right up & during his trial) that he was a nice, educated, polite man etc & that he couldn't possibly have done it. They were wrong - he did.

You can look respectable, be a well known person with lots of friends and still be the bad guy who has harmed an adult or child (Sandusky) cough. I simply don't know from the information yet. MB's persona sounds vague probably due to the investigation but some has come out. I hope others come out if they have been afraid of him or whomever.

You can look respectable, be a well known person with lots of friends and still be the bad guy who has harmed an adult or child (Sandusky) cough. I simply don't know from the information yet. MB's persona sounds vague probably due to the investigation but some has come out. I hope others come out if they have been afraid of him or whomever.

Maybe police are already hearing some stories of weird behavior, or maybe this was his first actual event, triggered by recent life alterations, etc...

We are only getting bits and pieces to work with, but I feel like LE has tons more and will be making their move soon.

I wish we knew the context in which his name came up as a possible suspect from the parents; were they asked who April knew well enough to get into a car with? Or who they were having problems with?Two totally different scenarios.

This is the first time I have seen this witness mentioned, apologies if it has been posted already. He states it was a car, no mention of a van

The man said: “I was home on Monday night as usual and saw little April playing outside with her friends.

“They were riding their bikes up and down the street like they have been all summer.

“A driver kept cruising up and down the road where the kids were playing.

“I thought it was a little odd but nothing more and then I noticed it parked up next to the garages which was strange because no one would park there usually.

“The kids were still playing at that point.

“But suddenly they weren’t there and I noticed the car drive briskly down the road towards the town centre.

“To be honest I thought nothing of it until people started banging on my door about half an hour later asking if I’d seen April.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/april-jones-missing-witness-tells-1363171

Children and adults may classify cars and vans differently. I think of anything designed to carry people rather than goods, and fewer than 8 people (would then be a minibus) as a car. Whereas when I was a child I might have thought of it more in terms of shape, since I wouldn't be aware of trade/transport nuance in the same way. This car was van-shaped in many ways, to a child. My main problem is the color. Light grey and navy blue look different even under streetlighting, and even to a 7yr old.

Funny how the pensioners description of the car and colour is not mentioned, and no time stated either

Hi Katy & all

I'm a newbie on here, so thought I'd 'dip my toe in the water' by replying to you first (congratulations eh!) the strange number plate is the 'old' UK number plate registration system which used to start with a letter then 3 digits, as this was a L plate I think it'd be a 1991/1992 vehicle, I believe the new system started in 2002'ish & now consists of 2 letters(a local code) & 2 digits (which indicates either March or Sept of the relevant year it was registered)

Hope this helps you

At the moment I'm just reading & thinking about all comments posted on this forum - got some idea's - but will join in soon.

Hello! :)

I think perhaps the comments about the 'strange' number plate are referring to an old post where someone said that they had tried searching for it through an insurance site or other and it comes up as non-existent.

I really hope that they find April but there has to be a possibility that they may not. Apart from how dreadful that would be for her family, I wonder how the lack of a body might impact on LE's ability to charge MB (or anyone else for that matter) with murder.

Yesterday's change of charge from suspicion of abduction to suspicion of murder indicates to me that LE no longer have good reason to believe that April will be found alive, whether that be from forensics or whatever else they may have found/learned.

However, just because they have reason to believe that she is no longer alive doesn't necessarily mean that they have enough evidence linking her death to anyone.

I know that in the UK, there have been convictions for murder where no body was found but I don't think it's as common as it is in, for example, the US. Also, if no body is recovered, I think it might be much harder to get enough evidence in the case of a child murder than it might be in the case of an adult.

Have there been any successful murder convictions in the UK involving a child where no body was recovered that anybody is aware of?

David Crabtree‏@Skymids
Police are due to give latest update on #apriljones inquiry at 3pm, close to when deadline expires to hold Mark Bridger.

Rob Davidovitz‏@RobDavSky
Police due to give news conference at 3pm #AprilJones

Jamie Wood‏@JamieWood_Sky
#apriljones latest - police to hold news conference at 3pm today

News conference due at 3pm today.

That is 5 hours from now, for those of you in different time zones

I really hope that they find April but there has to be a possibility that they may not. Apart from how dreadful that would be for her family, I wonder how the lack of a body might impact on LE's ability to charge MB (or anyone else for that matter) with murder.

Yesterday's change of charge from suspicion of abduction to suspicion of murder indicates to me that LE no longer have good reason to believe that April will be found alive, whether that be from forensics or whatever else they may have found/learned.

However, just because they have reason to believe that she is no longer alive doesn't necessarily mean that they have enough evidence linking her death to anyone.

I know that in the UK, there have been convictions for murder where no body was found but I don't think it's as common as it is in, for example, the US. Also, if no body is recovered, I think it might be much harder to get enough evidence in the case of a child murder than it might be in the case of an adult.

Have there been any successful murder convictions in the UK involving a child where no body was recovered that anybody is aware of?

Danielle Jones is the first that comes to mind.

Murder of Danielle Jones - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am completely humbled and reduced to tears going through the photos of the volunteers risking their lives for this little girl

slide_254093_1601662_free.jpg

slide_254093_1601660_free.jpg

There are lots more at the bottom of this page

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/10/05/kay-burley-criticised-by-tom-watson-twitter_n_1941840.html#slide=1601660

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member