Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #2 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can find not one thing said against the man previously, he had several relationships but seemed to dote on all of the children and was a good father

Hi Insp.Dots, pleased to meet you :)

I have heard one thing that suggests that MB has not been a devoted father to all his children at least. The eldest son has come out and said that he has rarely met his father. We don't know why, of course, or whether the other children have a similar relationship with him.

Hi Insp.Dots, welcome

What do you mean by this?:

PJ was apparently a good friend and father to ED's the lady he has 2 children with, Sisters child.

Just my thoughts really. That Aprils Dad and MB were good friends. MB was married to ED whose sister had a child by PJ. they were all good friends, which obviously makes you wonder what the motive would be for MB to cause such pain to his so called close friends??

Hi Insp.Dots, pleased to meet you :)

I have heard one thing that suggests that MB has not been a devoted father to all his children at least. The eldest son has come out and said that he has rarely met his father. We don't know why, of course, or whether the other children have a similar relationship with him.

Thanks Inge, I forgot that, though SB did say his father had never done anything to anyone, in that interview.
It was also reported that MB regularly visited his 2 children by ED, who lives on the estate. They kept a good relationship with him.

Just my thoughts really. That Aprils Dad and MB were good friends. MB was married to ED whose sister had a child by PJ. they were all good friends, which obviously makes you wonder what the motive would be for MB to cause such pain to his so called close friends??

Oh ok thanks, I didnt know that

Can someone enlighten me please. They have just said on the news how if they charge MB with Murder today, they won't then be able to question him further.
So....if they charge him only with abduction, can they still question him or upgrade it to Murder if and when they find more evidence, or god forbid a body?

Just a Reminder...

April's family are victims, we are a victim friendly site. Discussing any rumors about them are not allowed. You may discuss the relationship between the family and the suspect only with what is known at this time.

:tyou:

I guess that (unfortunately) some of us have followed so many of these cases that to see a neighbor and/or family member arrested is not unusual, and often turns out to be the case. Having a random person take a child is much less common.

Police are clearly concentrating on this individual and to me, they have good reason to do so. Often, there is no indication of past behavior. It's been said they found forensic evidence in his home and that she is believed to be deceased-a very strong statement to make.

I do not believe that LE would have said that if they found, for instance, a sock with her DNA in his home. It has to be much more.

I wonder if part of the problem stems from the fact that his father was a serving policeman. He appears to have been estranged from his parents for some time, which in itself is unusual. I suspect he has issues with authority figures and maybe a lifetime of dodging his dad's questioning has made questioning him now all the more difficult.
Only my opinion, so don't shoot me down. Just thought it could account for a curveball in this case.

Another reason they decided it's a murder investigation now could be just being realistic. It just takes some of that horrible feeling of urgency out of the situation - imagine how the mother must feel thinking her little girl might be locked in some shed crying out for help all this time, or cold, hungry, thirsty, in pain. It must allow people to start to breathe again a little. Let's put it this way. *Either* she is dead, *or* she has been abducted by someone who is sheltering and feeding her, so her life is not in immediate danger. If she's made it past this week, she's probably gonna survive a few more weeks if not indefinitely.

Can someone enlighten me please. They have just said on the news how if they charge MB with Murder today, they won't then be able to question him further.
So....if they charge him only with abduction, can they still question him or upgrade it to Murder if and when they find more evidence, or god forbid a body?

Whatever they charge him with, if they do, they cant question him again unless its just to clarify part of his statement and such like, they cant ask new/more questions

I believe he can be charged with both also

Hi and :welcome:

That's my understanding. If they charge him now with murder they can't question him further. If they charge him with abduction then if more evidence comes to light, e.g. a body is found then they can question him about that and upgrade the charge. I think that's how it is.

Another reason they decided it's a murder investigation now could be just being realistic. It just takes some of that horrible feeling of urgency out of the situation - imagine how the mother must feel thinking her little girl might be locked in some shed crying out for help all this time, or cold, hungry, thirsty, in pain. It must allow people to start to breathe again a little. Let's put it this way. *Either* she is dead, *or* she has been abducted by someone who is sheltering and feeding her, so her life is not in immediate danger. If she's made it past this week, she's probably gonna survive a few more weeks if not indefinitely.

I can't imagine police indicating murder at all, if not sure. There are cases with children missing months, years, and they won't call it murder unless they have proof.

0n the suspicion of abduction arrest:

A court has ruled that detectives can hold Mark Bridger until 5pm on Friday. At that point they would have to charge him, release him or go back before the court to ask for more time. In all, police could be given 96 hours to speak to Bridger, which would take them through to Saturday.

0n suspicion of murder re-arrest: why would LE bother to do this as they could've had extra time for questioning on the first arrest anyway. I assume as many others do that they acquired new evidence, but is there any other reason they may have made the re-arrest?

For those of you discussing motive and/or for anyone who might not know this (likely you are aware but I only learned it in Joanne Yeates' case): Motive does not have to be proven at trial.

In the Daily Mail web pages today is a photo showing officers going through MB's rubbish and there is a red box for recycling, overflowing with what looks like beer cans. Our recycling gets collected every fortnight and we never manage, even in two weeks, to have ours even half full. Looks like an awful lot of drinking for just one guy. Could this account for erratic driving too?

In the Daily Mail web pages today is a photo showing officers going through MB's rubbish and there is a red box for recycling, overflowing with what looks like beer cans. Our recycling gets collected every fortnight and we never manage, even in two weeks, to have ours even half full. Looks like an awful lot of drinking for just one guy. Could this account for erratic driving too?

The link to the report...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rk-Bridgers-home-searched-hunt-continues.html

Assuming he is guilty, I wish MB would do the right thing and confess.

Blimey, yes. I also can see more in the red box that is only just apparent. There seems to be lots of empty wine bottles in the light blue bin too. Surely one man could not consume all that alcohol??

Correct.

My guess is that if they do not have evidence to charge on suspicion of murder, they will make a lesser charge so that he is not out on bail and a danger to the public. This is sometimes called a "holding charge".

Police have to use tactics. They may still be waiting for forensics, they make still have people they want to interview. People may be contacting from outside the area wanting to tell them more about MB. They may feel there is a body out there and are desperate to find it soon.

Blimey, yes. I also can see more in the red box that is only just apparent. There seems to be lots of empty wine bottles in the light blue bin too. Surely one man could not consume all that alcohol??

Plus wine and beer do not mix. Two drinkers? I know men drink wine, but given a preference mine would prefer a beer at home. Our neighbours tend to have recycling bins close to that fill at party times, say Christmas. Divide that lot by two over two weeks and it's still a lot of booze drinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member