Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #2 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats alot for one week for one person, then again, a bottle of wine a day plus a few cans of beer, I can imagine a man can get through that. Especially if they are unemployed as is reported. Who knows, he may have had one or more people around. BTW that area has weekly recycling.

Another curveball, if I may, is that on the night she went missing a BBC radio programme was recorded somewhere in Machynlleth. Now surely they would have sound check vans, etc. I hope the BBC team have all been eliminated from enquiries. Also such a recording may have brought in "incomers".

Thats alot for one week for one person, then again, a bottle of wine a day plus a few cans of beer, I can imagine a man can get through that. Especially if they are unemployed as is reported. Who knows, he may have had one or more people around. BTW that area has weekly recycling.

Crikey! All that in one week. Even worse IMHO.

Assuming he is guilty, I wish MB would do the right thing and confess.

yes, and if he is innocent he wil get a shock when released seeing his face and life splashed all over the media. He probably doesnt know about it. Getting his head covered with a blanket when taken to court is normal procedure to hide suspects identities. Then, maybe his lawyer has told him.

In the Daily Mail web pages today is a photo showing officers going through MB's rubbish and there is a red box for recycling, overflowing with what looks like beer cans. Our recycling gets collected every fortnight and we never manage, even in two weeks, to have ours even half full. Looks like an awful lot of drinking for just one guy. Could this account for erratic driving too?

could they be soft drink cans? could other recycling items be underneath them?

we have 240 litre recycling bins collected fortnightly, one neighbour and I share a bin and never fill it, another neighbour fills his on his own with stubbies (small beer bottles) we've estimated he drinks approximately 8 dozen a week.

yes, and if he is innocent he wil get a shock when released seeing his face and life splashed all over the media. He probably doesnt know about it. Getting his head covered with a blanket when taken to court is normal procedure to hide suspects identities. Then, maybe his lawyer has told him.

or maybe he was ok with it because living alone he didnt have an easy alibi so knew if he allowed his pic to be released witnesses could come forward to say they had seen him ?.

Just my thoughts really. That Aprils Dad and MB were good friends. MB was married to ED whose sister had a child by PJ. they were all good friends, which obviously makes you wonder what the motive would be for MB to cause such pain to his so called close friends??

I didn't think that MB and ED were ever married - just that she was his partner for some time. And I hadn't read that about ED's sister. Do you have a link? TIA

I didn't think that MB and ED were ever married - just that she was his partner for some time. And I hadn't read that about ED's sister. Do you have a link? TIA

Ah, maybe mis-info by media re them being married. I will try and find where I read it. The sister and PJ's daughter were also interviewed by one of the news channels but I can't remember which offhand. I will try and find links for you, Thanks

Are we allowed to put Links to (personal) FACEBOOK pages on here or names?
They are open to public reading?

I can't find the link but it was BBC news that did the interview with ED's sister KG and her and PJ'S daughter. It is also on facebook posts (public) where they have written requesting Help to find April.

I guess that (unfortunately) some of us have followed so many of these cases that to see a neighbor and/or family member arrested is not unusual, and often turns out to be the case. Having a random person take a child is much less common.

Police are clearly concentrating on this individual and to me, they have good reason to do so. Often, there is no indication of past behavior. It's been said they found forensic evidence in his home and that she is believed to be deceased-a very strong statement to make.

I do not believe that LE would have said that if they found, for instance, a sock with her DNA in his home. It has to be much more.

This is so true!

It seems to me that this man tended to switch partners when their children got to be a bit older. He had nothing to do with his grown son. He was reportedly very attentive to his younger kids and their playmates. He was a lifeguard as well...what a convenient excuse to spend time around half naked children!

This pattern of behavior would set him up for a ready supply of children to satisfy his sick behavior whether by voyeurism or some form of molestation. Pedophyles know that they will get away with it more often if they molest children of a girlfriend or wife because they choose women who will either trust them completely or who will be reluctant to report them for fear of losing custody of their children. Family members are also sometimes quick to dismiss suspect behavior with excuses such as "he was drunk", or "he promised he would never do it again", or even , "it was the child's fault"!

Even if someone did believe a child and report him to police, it is very hard to prove and convict. Without a conviction, no record.

I had an idea that I wanted to share.
(Assuming the police do not have damning forensic evidence to prove MB is guilty)

What if April and her friend were playing, and then the other girl went inside to use the bathroom or something, and April was no where to be seen upon returning outside to play. Perhaps the woman instructed her daughter to say that she saw April get into a van. Why would she do this? I can imagine that she might not have relished the idea of telling her friend that her daughter disappeared and she had not been keeping an eye on her the entire time.
Given the fact that the details of the van do not match the description of MB's car, I would not think that she was trying to frame him or get revenge. I think that she may not have expected the authorities to suspect MB and thought the left drive vehicle description would lead the police to suspect the perp was not from the area. Otherwise, I can't understand why the witness did not give a description of the kidnapper or simply identify him as "so and so's father".

Question for locals: Are left handed drive vehicles mostly owned or driven by people outside the area, e.g., foreigners, visitors, etc.?

(Assuming the police do not have damning forensic evidence to prove MB is guilty)

What if April and her friend were playing, and then the other girl went inside to use the bathroom or something, and April was no where to be seen upon returning outside to play. Perhaps the woman instructed her daughter to say that she saw April get into a van. Why would she do this? I can imagine that she might not have relished the idea of telling her friend that her daughter disappeared and she had not been keeping an eye on her the entire time.
Given the fact that the details of the van do not match the description of MB's car, I would not think that she was trying to frame him or get revenge. I think that she may not have expected the authorities to suspect MB and thought the left drive vehicle description would lead the police to suspect the perp was not from the area. Otherwise, I can't understand why the witness did not give a description of the kidnapper or simply identify him as "so and so's father".

Question for locals: Are left handed drive vehicles mostly owned or driven by people outside the area, e.g., foreigners, visitors, etc.?

I guess it depends on what type of forensics they found in his home. Also, why whatever it was would cause them to use the word "murder". Something there seems to have tied him to April and to her not being alive.

Are we allowed to put Links to (personal) FACEBOOK pages on here or names?
They are open to public reading?

I believe that you could link the suspect's Facebook since he has been arrested and declared suspect by police. You can describe what it says but don't copy and paste exact quotes or pics.

Some of us choose not to have a Facebook account, so it is very frustrating when someone links but doesn't describe what is on there.

We don't link to minor's facebooks. For the exact rules you would need to go to the forums page and read TOS.

The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

LHD, or Left Hookers are rare on a British plate. A few people will return from overseas and register a left hooker in this country, but when they come to sell on, they are cheaper to buy, but dearer to insure.

Eg, the very early smart car model around Y reg (1999/2000) were all LHD, as they were trying out the model for popularity in the UK before producing RHD's.

The most common reason for to come by one is from an ex services chap who has been posted to Europe, or a Brit with a holiday home in Europe.

I believe that the little girl saw April get in to the vehicle and ran to tell her mom. When asked by police to remember the color, maybe she remembered the white stripe, but just said something like, "there was some white". Eye witness descriptions often contain some such error, I wouldn't consider any of it to be made-up.

Also, she may have given the man's name. I wouldn't expect police to release more than a general description of the vehicle until they had checked out the fellow's story in case the child had simply seen someone who resembled the man who she thought it was. Apparently, police found her story to be very credible since they have held the man for so long and found evidence in the vehicle.

Even though April had been in the vehicle before, certain kinds of evidence could indicate that she had been there more recently. A zipper pull from her coat, a hair with the root which is freshly pulled, any hair clip or elastic which she might have been wearing that day, etc. I won't go in to detail because I'm sure you can imagine what and it is not pleasant.

Sky News just said there will be a press conference within the next half hour but no specific time given

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member