Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #2 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/april-jones-missing-witnesses-saw-1361257

I wonder if the women have made a positive id on MB yet. If so this is a crucial piece of evidence.

Two women claim they spotted a man carrying a bin bag to a river the day after April Jones was snatched.

They told police he scrambled down a bank not far from where the five-year-old vanished.

As officers yesterday searched the River Dyfi close to Machynlleth, Powys, one of the women, Carwen Sheen, 36, said: “I’ve told the police what I saw. It’s up to them now.”

She had been standing by a road chatting with a friend on Tuesday when the man appeared with the black bag.

He was said to have been acting suspiciously.

The dad of one of the witnesses said last night: “My daughter and a friend saw a man, they know him well.

"He was coming down a shale bank with a black bag, he was next to the river.

"She has been *interviewed by the police since and told them *everything she saw

BBM

Does anyone else think it strange that April's father Iis not involved. I know he's supposed to have a degenerative eye condition but if it was my daughter I would move heaven and earth for them. Also he didn't appear at the police appeal... just think it's strange..

I cant help feeling that this is unfair. Its very cold in wales, wet, windy and not very nice conditions. He has health issues then he is possibly in the best place supporting his wife and waiting for news.

What mainly annoys me about these funds is that if I want to give some money to a troubled family, I want to give it to them in their hands or into their own bank account. I don't want it going into some trust fund where a load of overpaid and/or overofficious trustees decide what they will and won't pay for. And then at the end of it, MY money could well end up being sent to some charity I didn't even nominate it to go to. If I wanted it to go to the local Barnados or whatever I'd give it to them in the first place. At the very *least* I would expect the trustees to declare in advance where any leftover money would be going, so I can be sure it's causes would be happy to support.

Yeah,I don't know. When two young girls disappeared here in the US in July, there were probably a dozen or so similar "attempts" reported just afterward. None panned out to be anything more than misunderstandings, etc. But they all have to be looked into.

And in this case, the story was posted on FB by a friend of the mother whose kids were allegedly lured. So it isn't even first hand information.

She wrote: “The woman got out of the car, opened the back door and told them to get in. My friend called the incident room. Police have asked if they can interview the children.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...e-April-Jones-went-missing.html#ixzz28PLSgFSY

I don't know if anyone has confirmed this woman's comments that her friend reported this to the police, and that police want to talk to the two children. If so, I'd give it some credence but until then, I think the Sun has done nothing but print FB rumor as "news" - not unusual for the Sun, IMO.

Good morning from Wales (Bore da o gymru).

I just hope along with everyone else, today brings some kind of resolve for April, her family, and everyone involved in the painstaking search for her.

Was it determined when the current extension to hold this man ends?
I cannot believe this little girl has not been found yet.

Was it determined when the current extension to hold this man ends?
I cannot believe this little girl has not been found yet.

5pm today. He has to be charged or released, so today will be interesting.

5pm today. He has to be charged or released, so today will be interesting.

They can either charge him by 5pm today or they can apply for a further warrant to detain him from magistrates. This will bring his time in detention without charge up to the maximum 96 hrs allowed.

I went back and started reading the thread from the start once again.

Knowing what we know now, there are a number of things that don't add up, the most poignant for me being the fact the vehicle was described as a light coloured van. If the eye witness is the daughter of the ex and saw the abduction, she would have recognised the vehicle and the driver from the moment he pulled up. If LE were wanting to be vague in the hope of a sighting, would they not have said it was a 4x4 rather than a van? 4x4 vehicles are very common, particularly in this area due to the rural/farming demographic, so it's not as though they would have been giving too much away.

In short, the eyewitness account has changed so significantly that I am wondering whether she has been coached.

They can ask for a final extension which would end saturday afternoon.but yes todays runs out at 5pm.

We dont know that the police dont have the light coloured van Amber,they may not be saying anything if were(media etc) all focusing on the 4x4..

I do think they have more than a 7yr olds statement to keep him in custody at the minute.

Any DNA in his car will be useless as April was in it, and out of it, safely a couple of days before.

The police aren't going to tell us every detail, or even most details, they'll keep that close to their chest. I believe they have enough to think that this guy is their man.
In the Joanna Yeates case I remember a lot of people wondering why Vincent Tabak was charged and that it didn't seem like they had much against him.... As we found out they had lots and some of the details didn't come out until after the trial. So be patient people, I have faith the police know what they're doing. (famous last words eh? Ha)

Police keep saying that they want info from the public regarding the movements of MB and/or the Landrover to "overlay" against what MB is telling them. If there was any chance of a different vehicle being involved, wouldn't police be appealing for info relating to that vehicle aswell?

Dyfed Powys Police‏@DyfedPowys

Next #apriljones press conference set for 10.30am in Welsh Government building in Aberystwyth
9:28 AM - 5 Oct 12

Any DNA in his car will be useless as April was in it, and out of it, safely a couple of days before.

A speck of blood should hold him if it's April's. There is other DNA that could be found to prove sexual assault, not to mention forensics, etc...I hope not but I don't doubt anything anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anchorite