Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #2 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The "they" and "them" controversy has an antecedent in the 2007 Madeleine McCann disappearance when her mother Kate allegedly said, "They've taken her" upon returning from checking on her.

Can anyone enlighten me on the following.

He was an Essex boy, what made him move to a small welsh speaking community miles away?

I understand he moved there in the late 80's, did he fight in the Falklands, hence a need to "get away" to a calmer place?

Is he one of those ex army survival nuts who brags about making tents out of bracken, coffee from dandelion roots, and frying earthworms because they taste a bit bacon-like?

After getting together with partner number one in the relatively small area, when they split, surely every female nearby would have known his shortfalls, and all the gossip, so how did he manage to live with at least 2 more, and have kids?

He was caught wearing a camouflage jacket - does he think he is an emotionless Rambo type? (especially as his most recent relationship has only just ended).

Jigzy seems to have some local goss, but unfortunately can't reveal all here.

Did it not come to light that the ex-military was a lie?

Wouldn't it be incredible if this one *did* turn out to be a Shannon Matthews type case, like the Tia Sharpe one was briefly suspected of being. Be lovely to see the little girl emerge alive and well at the end of this.

That thought's crossed my mind a couple of times, then felt terrible for thinking it.:blushing::blushing:

It has been reported many times that she got into the van willingly. Why would she say "they put her in a van." According to the report no one put her in a van, she got in. Then there is the "they took her away," could be just the difference in the states but wouldn't you say "she's been kidnapped." And why wouldn't you call the authorities first. I guess I don't know what I would do in that situation, probably call my dad first actually just because I always call him first for everything out of habbit, but I wouldn't call my daughters godmother. I don't want to speculate on that too much but my main problem is that she said "they put her in a van" which is very different than what has been reported....

EDT: "away" as in a destination

Maybe the mother did not know at that moment that April got into the van on her own. She could have not heard what the little girl told her, or misunderstood it somehow. Small things can get a bit muddled during a crisis situation. I'm sure the mother was extremely distraught at that moment. In the U.S., most of us have learned not to read too much into what is said by distraught parents right at first.
Also possible that those words were not accurate quotes, but were the person's interpretation of what the mom said.

How do we know that? She may have phoned to ask if she knew anything or had seen anything.

did you not read the post earlier that said she rang the girls godmother to tell her she was gone, had been taken, before she called the police? Thatswhat i meant by calling to inform and not ask for info, she had already been given the info

granted she may also have asked if they had heard or seen anything

That thought's crossed my mind a couple of times, then felt terrible for thinking it.:blushing::blushing:

The difference with this one is they believe she's dead. They must have some evidence to suggest that and they have someone arrested on suspicion of murder. Totally different case imo.

As for motive, mentioned in another post, I think he'd been grooming April for a while, the trips in the car etc... I don't think I need to type what he was after. JMO.

This is exactly what I think as well as the thought crossed my mind he is being willingly the fall guy for someone else he wants to protect, cant make my mind up, but i would put my bet on the former, Im not comfortable with all these women related to him known to him being their ex wife girlfiriend related to april all being chummy on facebook, something stinks imo

Hate to say it and hope its not true but this is how I have been feeling from day 1 :(

Clutchbag - "This is exactly what I think as well as the thought crossed my mind he is being willingly the fall guy for someone else he wants to protect, cant make my mind up, but i would put my bet on the former"

I do know what you mean. Regarding fit-up/fall guy - I agree that it is not beyond the bounds of possibility. I would say two things - firstly, if it is an attempted fit-up or fall-guy, from what I know of police procedure, they will get to the bottom of it (I hope). Secondly, I believe that if he drove April away in his van, it was as a result of a dispute of some kind with others on the estate.

Sorry, missed the earlier bit that being in the forces was a lie, but as I edited my post to say, the MOD aren't the best at accessing records quickly, or accurately keeping records.

So is that the profile of a child abductor/murderer normally?

I googled for a "profile". This is what I found:

"In reality, however, the research has consistently shown that there is no such thing as a “sex offender profile.” That’s because time and time again, despite attempts to identify a finite and specific set of characteristics that fits for all sex offenders, researchers continue to find that they are a diverse and heterogeneous population.1 So, although the label of “sex offender” might seem to suggest that individuals who commit these crimes are all alike, that is simply not the case. In fact, because they are such a heterogeneous group, it is sometimes difficult to discern how they are uniquely different from other types of criminals or from those of us in the general public, other than the fact that they have engaged in sexually abusive behaviors."

http://www.csom.org/train/etiology/3/3_1.htm

ETA: quote marks

So is that the profile of a child abductor/murderer normally?

The words 'normal' and 'child abductor/murderer' don't even fit in the same sentence.

I know nothing. I just posted an article.

Clutchbag - "This is exactly what I think as well as the thought crossed my mind he is being willingly the fall guy for someone else he wants to protect, cant make my mind up, but i would put my bet on the former"

I do know what you mean. Regarding fit-up/fall guy - I agree that it is not beyond the bounds of possibility. I would say two things - firstly, if it is an attempted fit-up or fall-guy, from what I know of police procedure, they will get to the bottom of it (I hope). Secondly, I believe that if he drove April away in his van, it was as a result of a dispute of some kind with others on the estate.

I too think the police should be given credit and will get to bottom of it and I also think the dispute thing has strong roots here somewhere

That is a good point. Also I suppose, travelling in an urban area outside Wales, he would have been spotted on CCTV cameras. Within the wild areas, he may not have been.

Good point back. The beauty of Wales is that it's all back windy roads. No motorways up in that area.

This is exactly what I think as well as the thought crossed my mind he is being willingly the fall guy for someone else he wants to protect

JMO but i can't see a man taking the fall for an ex or a female friend when it comes to being accused of killing and possibly sexually assaulting a child. I can however see a father protecting a child if that child did something to cause the death of another child.

The police have something. It would be absurd to keep this guy so long with the public crucifying him and wanting to kill him unless they have something they just don't want to share with the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva