Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #2 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(forgive me for asking because with all these names I am confused, but was the child witness that saw her get in the car one of the suspect's children or another child?... you think I would know that by now... )
Fairly certain I've read it was another child and not the suspect's.

No hearsay and no police evidence aren't indicative of whether someone has raped before. I've lost count of the number of people I've encountered who were raped and nobody else in their town knew about it, either because they were never able to identify the rapist, they weren't able to report it/take it to trial, or they just kept quiet out of shame (even when allegations do come to light, some victims won't come forward until others do first- just look at the Jimmy Savile allegations in the press right now). The statistics regarding unreported rapes are staggering, people get away with it every day.

Sickeningisnt it i hope saville sh it is stripped of his sir at the least and those that covered it up are arrested

Police conceded they had now stopped all night-time searches as they gloomily admitted they did not expect to find April alive.

Detective Superintendent Ian John explained: “As this is a murder investigation, we are focusing on daylight searches to maximise forensic opportunities there may be.

"You only search at night because you want to find somebody who’s alive.”

He insisted there was no immediate plan to scale down the huge *operation.

But the news it had now become a murder search had created a “terrible atmosphere”, said Dai Greenwood, 25, who lives on the estate.

He added: “We were all hoping for a miracle and now this. The estate feels moody, like *something evil has happened.”
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/april-jones-missing-anguish-in-machynlleth-1363122

I've read the mirror front page, thinking we might get something more solid, but the old man did not actually see anyone get into the "car". He feels guilty that he did nothing at the time. The moral of this story is: if you see anything dodgy, call the law. They won't mind - better safe than sorry.

Does the article actually break it down into what type of car he saw do you know?

It says - See Page 4 and I am sooooo not buying the Mirror :) I will look again after midnight on the website and post, unless someone else does first.

hahaha woofy.. no I just drank a diet coke and am quick on the draw :lol:

btw, that article is very interesting that you posted. I think that if the suspect is the one who did this he has been grooming April.

thought at the present moment: why take april and not the other girl she was playing with?

(forgive me for asking because with all these names I am confused, but was the child witness that saw her get in the car one of the suspect's children or another child?... you think I would know that by now... )

There are conflicting reports as to what actually happened when she was taken.

There are reports that state that AJ's friend went home, leaving her on her own and then saw her get into the car. There are others that state her friend was close enough to tell her not to get in etc.

There are reports that she was taken from the garages area and others that state she was taken from Garth Road, nowhere near the garages.

"A driver kept cruising up and down the road": Distraught witness
tells of moment he saw April Jones kidnapper's car speed away
(Mirror)
---
The man said: “I was home on Monday night as usual and saw little April playing outside with her friends.

“They were riding their bikes up and down the street like they have been all summer.

“A driver kept cruising up and down the road where the kids were playing.

“I thought it was a little odd but nothing more and then I noticed it parked up next to the garages which was strange because no one would park there usually.

“The kids were still playing at that point.

“But suddenly they weren’t there and I noticed the car drive briskly down the road towards the town centre.”
---

hahaha woofy.. no I just drank a diet coke and am quick on the draw :lol:

btw, that article is very interesting that you posted. I think that if the suspect is the one who did this he has been grooming April.

thought at the present moment: why take april and not the other girl she was playing with?

BBM
The reason you are confused about that part is that it has been reported BOTH ways. I have read versions of each scenario, but I think the most recent consensus is that April was at one time playing in a small group that included his daughter, but she left just before the kidnapping.

I also feel that there is something that doesn't add up and the MB seems an unlikely killer, or at least unlikely to have carried out a murder in that place and in that fashion.

However, I think it's important to remember that none of us have any real evidence that somebody else committed the crime.

When you follow a case, it's a little like watching a long movie. There is an emotional investment in the story. Everyone has watched a gripping film for a couple of hours and got to a point where a really lousy scene was being played out and thought to themselves 'God, I hope the film doesn't end here like this, it would be such an anticlimax'.

I know that all websleuths posters want nothing more than for kids like April to be found safe and well, or for the killers to be brought to justice, but people should take an honest look at themselves, as armchair observers.

When crimes like this take place, the story not only horrifies and disgusts us, it also consumes us.

By far the most likely scenario here is that the prime suspect did indeed abduct the child, murdered her, got arrested, was detained as evidence against him snowballed, continued to deny his guilt and was finally charged after either confessing or just because the mounting evidence against him rendered his denials as untenable.

Most of the time, these investigations don't produce an eleventh hour twist. It's usually the guy that the police always thought was guilty.

snip from Woofy's link:

The man said: “I was home on Monday night as usual and saw little April playing outside with her friends.

“They were riding their bikes up and down the street like they have been all summer.

“A driver kept cruising up and down the road where the kids were playing.

“I thought it was a little odd but nothing more and then I noticed it parked up next to the garages which was strange because no one would park there usually.

“The kids were still playing at that point.

“But suddenly they weren’t there and I noticed the car drive briskly down the road towards the town centre.

“To be honest I thought nothing of it until people started banging on my door about half an hour later asking if I’d seen April.

“Then I realised the significance of what I’d seen.

"But why would a person think something so sinister could be happening in front of their house?”

I would say this man is a very, very important witness and can corroborate the child witness statement as well.

:moo:

Since the suspicion of murder is a new charge will they be able to get the extended 24 hour periods like they did with the abduction charge? Up to 96 more hours if granted?

If it was dusk/dark then an OAP may just see shape and carlights, so a Land Rover might be labelled a car, as that is a generic term for vehicle...maybe?
I don't understand how the bike gets back? AJ gets into a vehicle willingly and leaves her bike? Or had she gone and put her bike back? So much that differs in these accounts. All the kids are there when OAP looks out, then she is driven away. But we are told there was only two of them at this point. If it was MB in that car driving up and down, plus parked up, you would think that one of his own children (seemingly in the group) would notice her old dad, wouldn't you?

The Mirror is a tabloid, which means its journalists are more concerned with sensation than accuracy.

You really can't rely on anything they print.

It is not considered mainstream media in the UK so should not be used as a source.

Just a thought. MB moved to this very small town 20 years ago, said he was fresh out the military. If that's a lie, then perhaps he moved there fresh out of prison and assumed a name different than his real name.

Since the suspicion of murder is a new charge will they be able to get the extended 24 hour periods like they did with the abduction charge? Up to 96 more hours if granted?

from what was linked today no...

(does everyone recall that as well???)

No, I think they have to either charge or release him tomorrow (saturday)

The Mirror is a tabloid, which means its journalists are more concerned with sensation than accuracy.

You really can't rely on anything they print.

It is not considered mainstream media in the UK so should not be used as a source.

we allow it to be linked here at websleuths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214