Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #3 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The preliminary hearing is scheduled for 10am this morning before The Honourable Mr Justice Griffith-Williams at Caernarfon Crown Court. MB will be appearing via video link from Manchester Prison.

Hello everyone, I am new here and am from South Africa.

Have been folowing the case from day 1.

What is supposed to happen in court today? Is the accused supposed to plead to the charges?

Yes aiui he will be offered the chance to plead one way or another. The only reason this didn't happen at the magistrates court hearing is that the hearing was a formality when everyone knew it didn't have the level of authority to hear his plea on that serious crime. If he pleads guity to everything I think that's the end of it, and he will be back later to hear his sentence. Otherwise the whole thing will be postponed for months to allow lawyers to prepare their cases.

<rsbm>

I think so too. We know where he was arrested and in which direction he was walking but I don't believe we know what his intended destination was. Map attached

Maybe he was just walking because his car was at the garage?

Thanks. Many times I have wanted to say something & quote the source, I just don't know how too! The fear of someone saying "where does it say that?" puts me off. So I just read on & I hope another (more savvy) poster will do it for me & cover what I want to say. Where can I learn how to find/quote sources?

its quite easy once you know how, its highlight, copy and paste from your source, then highlight, copy and paste the web address from the top of your source page.

Sorry to be off topic but I must respond to this Cendlaetholwr. The guy wiped out an entre family rushing to work, overtaking 2 cars recklessly on a steep road approaching a corner. I live here. I don't see a mistake by the CPS.
"Dyche had completed a ban for driving while disqualified and without insurance." http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/crime/2012/08/31/killer-driver-was-chancer-at-the-wheel/

I'm local to the area as well, and know this road very well. To save me from repeating myself here, the 5-page forum thread on which several of us who know the road worked out that Denise Griffiths (the driver of the lead vehicle) must at least have been equally culpable is here:

http://www.safespeed.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26222&sid=7c1abafb18a471f1da1699b98cccd891

Thus, in my opinion and others' opinion , the local CPS made a big mistake in how they handled this trial. That's the relevance to this case. It hasn't exactly filled me with much confidence about the Criminal Justice System as practised here.

The thread is still open on the SafeSpeed forum and it's free to join, so be my guest to post on there. Once you've read the entire thread, that is.

(While it's not my site to plug, the SafeSpeed forum is an invaluable resource for discussing driving techniques, and also for discussing road policing. As such, there's a little bit of an overlap with this site, which is why I'm mentioning it.)

Just catching up and wanted to comment re the parents meeting/swimming/playing outside

Not sure it is the same in all regions, but from friends who are parents I know that the meeting for the younger children is generally held first, say at 3.30pm when school finishes for them.
So to me it is possible to fit a timeline

3.30 to no later than 5.00pm CJ and PJ are at the parents meeting -reports say that they had departed by the time MB attended which was 5pm

then
5.15pm to say 6.15pm they take AJ swimming straight from this meeting, so still wearing her school uniform.......and, as has been said, the actual lesson would likely be no more than 30 mins

6.15pm they depart the pool, AJ is still wearing her school uniform, they go home and AJ is allowed out to play

the reports of the time of her abduction vary from around 6.30pm ( if we take the godmothers report of the phone call to her from CJ at 6.50pm ) to as late as 7.30pm by some of the papers

Here's another local case where CPS and the local LE got things quite catastrophically wrong:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...y-woman-jailed-for-retracting-rape-claim.html

In summary, a woman gets raped by her husband, gets bullied and blackmailed by her husband to drop the rape charge, she then gets convicted of "falsely retracting" her claim and sentenced to eight months in prison. After a public outcry, she was released. The article in the Telegraph is probably the most balanced. Sometimes, the Criminal Justice System does get things wrong.

Its possible that he's the wrong person, its also possible he's the right person and we're all leading ourselves up the garden path by assuming his motives are sexual.

Maybe he had some half assed plan to hold her for ransom and return her alive, and then somthing went wrong. He'd been recently evicted and broken up with his gf - I can see that acting as a trigger for something stupid rather than suddenly turning a previously normal man into a child rapist.

I agree, I don't think the motive was sexual, I suspect there was a trigger, also makes sense after hearing that CJ very quickly said it must be him.

Just catching up and wanted to comment re the parents meeting/swimming/playing outside

Not sure it is the same in all regions, but from friends who are parents I know that the meeting for the younger children is generally held first, say at 3.30pm when school finishes for them.
So to me it is possible to fit a timeline

3.30 to no later than 5.00pm CJ and PJ are at the parents meeting -reports say that they had departed by the time MB attended which was 5pm

then
5.15pm to say 6.15pm they take AJ swimming straight from this meeting, so still wearing her school uniform.......and, as has been said, the actual lesson would likely be no more than 30 mins

6.15pm they depart the pool, AJ is still wearing her school uniform, they go home and AJ is allowed out to play

the reports of the time of her abduction vary from around 6.30pm ( if we take the godmothers report of the phone call to her from CJ at 6.50pm ) to as late as 7.30pm by some of the papers

Thanks Alyce. My head is swimming with what I know, what I think I know and all the contradictory reports/ info that appears to be out there with this case.

How can we fit in what else we 'know' with your timeline?

At what time was April being looked after by her sister? If the parents went to the school at 3.30 - 5pm, did the sister then take her swimming? Or...? I'm confused.

If your schedule allows for the parents to be at the school up to a max of an hour and a half and MB got there at 5pm, then he also may have been there until 6.30. How far is it from the school to where April was playing? And he REALLY must have wanted to abduct her to have raced straight over there and take her. That's just plain odd. Not impossible but peculiar.

When I say that something doesn't feel/ smell right about this, I am not saying that I don't feel that MB is guilty. My feelings, to a great extent are not about him, but about all the discrepancies/ mis-information and obvious oddities that we are aware of. Obviously, (or at least I hope) there is a great deal that we are unaware of because for me, what we do know doesn't inspire confidence in me at all that this is clear cut.

I guess we will at least know more in a little while when MB makes his plea.

<rsbm>
I guess we will at least know more in a little while when MB makes his plea.

Morning Adorabella,

There's no guarantee he will enter a plea today - we may have to wait a good few months yet.......

Parent meetings rarely take longer than 20 mins, if your lucky you get 10 mins with the teacher and 10 mins to look through the work/books of your child.

Morning Adorabella,

There's no guarantee he will enter a plea today - we may have to wait a good few months yet.......

Good morning Clio! :)

Pook! Not sure my nerves can stand this. If he is guilty, I so hope he pleads guilty for April's parent's sake and his and that that in itself enables him to be more specific about where April might be found.

I'm still not convinced, for the reasons I said above, and would be therefore be interested in us all combining actual facts into one document so that I can get my head around what is and isn't real.

How do we do that and is anyone else up for helping?

Tom Parmenter&#8207;@TomSkyNews
In Caernarfon this morning - Mark Bridger due to make second court appearance - he's charged with murder and abduction of April Jones.
9:24 AM - 10 Oct 12

Mark Bridger being held in prison in Manchester so will appear here via a video link. Searches continue for April around Machynlleth
9:26 AM - 10 Oct 12

Luke Collinson&#8207;@lukeitn
Mark Bridger in court later via video link at Caernarfon while police continue to search around Ceinws #apriljones
9:33 AM - 10 Oct 12

DailyPost Gwynedd&#8207;@DPGwynedd
#findapril People gathering at Caernarfon Crown Court for Mark Bridger's appearance, via videolink, before a judge.
9:48 AM - 10 Oct 12

Mark Bridger appearing now via videolink - he confirms he can hear everything happening in court
10:04 AM - 10 Oct 12

Jon Clements&#8207;@JonClementsITV
Mark Bridger now appearing at Caernarfon Crown Court by videolink from Manchester Prison accused of abducting and murdering April Jones
10:07 AM - 10 Oct 12

Hywel Griffith&#8207;@hywel_griffith
Mark Bridger wearing a black jumper over grey t-shirt and spectacles, listening carefully to court proceedings via video-link #AprilJones
10:10 AM - 10 Oct 12

Mark Bridger sat in front of a green curtain and wearing black sweatshirt - he's calmly listening to court discussions
10:11 AM - 10 Oct 12

#findapril Mark Bridger, wearing a dark sweater, appears for a preliminary court hearing before Mr Justice Griffith Williams
10:12 AM - 10 Oct 12

#findapril Bridger asked only to confirm his name and if hr can hear the courtroom clearly After discudsions nect hearing will be January 11
10:17 AM - 10 Oct 12

Sky News Newsdesk @SkyNewsBreak

Mark Bridger, accused of murdering missing five-year-old April Jones, has been remanded in custody until 11th January 2013.

10:23 AM on Wed, Oct 10, 2012

Sky News confirming plea and case management hearing on 11th January

Sky News Newsdesk&#8207;@SkyNewsBreak
Mark Bridger, accused of murdering missing five-year-old April Jones, has been remanded in custody until 11th January 2013
10:23 AM - 10 Oct 12

ETA No application for bail was made

I hate how people spend so long in prison on remand. Remember that applies perhaps even more so to those who are innocent and therefore plead not guilty, as the pre-trial preparation takes longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties