Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #6 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in a small village in a valley in a very rural area.
A lot of the cars people drive are old here, having a working radio in them isn't a priority.
We have extremely poor tv and radio reception, some poor souls at the bottom of the valley cannot receive either.
Mobile phone signals in some areas here are non-existent.
If a child went missing here, unless someone knocked on my door to tell me, I don't think I would know about it for quite a while.
There are a lot of ifs and buts in what everyone posts, but we are all able to consider them reasonably I think.

I AM talking about drivers, are the 'people you travel with' drivers or passengers?

I meant when I travel as a passenger in someone else's car. Occasionally someone will turn the radio on for traffic news, depending where we are going. But mostly it's their own music, which may or may not get turned off/down if we're talking.

I meant when I travel as a passenger in someone else's car. Occasionally someone will turn the radio on for traffic news, depending where we are going. But mostly it's their own music, which may or may not get turned off/down if we're talking.

Fair enough, that clears up that one then :)

A lot of the cars people drive are old here, having a working radio in them isn't a priority.
We have extremely poor tv and radio reception, some poor souls at the bottom of the valley cannot receive either.
If a child went missing here, unless someone knocked on my door to tell me, I don't think I would know about it for quite a while.
There are a lot of ifs and buts in what everyone posts, but we are all able to consider them reasonably I think.
Excellent points.

Not Midsomer is it :)

Just me, but someone like MB with all the military paraphernalia and a 4WD may even have a CB as well as an AM/FM. I believe someone else said 'old cars don't have radios', MB's car is L reg which I'm told is 1993, my car is 5 years older and came with a radio. Whether the radio is working or not is another matter but as he has been a mechanic and reportedly 'worked on motor bikes as well with April's Dad' I reckon he could sort out a car radio.

He has a car, most cars have radios, don't believe he wouldn't have a TV, he had enough $ to rent the cottage, the car wasn't playing up too much to get to mechanic next day, hopefully he was sober at the parents' meeting, don't think that little gem would have escaped the dailies.
If his mobile was out of range there are neighbours, oldies usually have a landline.
And if the reason was the last one, wouldn't you tell Police or rather face life in prison.

Police have been conducting ‘cell-site analysis’ of Bridger’s mobile phone in the hope of tracking his exact movements on the night April vanished, after she was lured into a vehicle by a mystery man as she played with friends.Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...me-searched-hunt-continues.html#ixzz29rAY32Yv
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

"the car wasn't playing up too much to get to mechanic next day"

Actually we don't know for sure that the vehicle was playing up at all.

Someone driving erratically - reason could be drink/substance/anger related.

Cruching gears and driving impatiently and without courtesy for other road users - reason could be because the driver is an impatient, rude driver, or could have just heard some news that made him rush to town. I'm not saying this is the case.

My point is: Perhaps there was NOTHING wrong with the car. We don't know it was in the repair shop for repairs do we - just that it was seized from there, and that in the pic released, the front grille and reg plate was covered. By whom we don't know.

jmo.

Same here - no mobile signal, rubbish local radio signal, often power cuts during poor weather.

Cruching gears and driving impatiently and without courtesy for other road users - reason could be because the driver is an impatient, rude driver, or could have just heard some news that made him rush to town. I'm not saying this is the case.

My point is: Perhaps there was NOTHING wrong with the car. We don't know it was in the repair shop for repairs do we - just that it was seized from there, and that in the pic released, the front grille and reg plate was covered. By whom we don't know.

jmo.

Very astute points. Could have been at mechanic for MOT -or whatever you call it there. Or maybe to have the radio fixed :moo:
I read that the grille was covered with plastic, possibly to stop water getting in (but we don't know for sure) Photo of the plate was shown by police with the car photo.
Would get pinged here if driving around with either rego plate obscured, prob same in UK?

A man has been charged with murder on the say so of a 7yr old witness who should have recognised the vehicle and the person in it. MB, is not a stranger on that estate. By the time the police would have got to that witness she would have been contaminated with questions and adult gossip. No one escapes the power of suggestion.

If the police think the witness is flimsy they are likely to pour even more resources into this, or they will look like fools.

But, this close knit community clearly has info tying Bridger to April, but how we are yet to see.

Child abductions happen because of opportunity. Anyone used to being on that estate would know the children play out without any adult supervision, but what they wouldn't know, is that April would be down at the far end of the estate at that particular time and in that particular place. I find that baffling.

How far is the nearest parking area to MB's childrens house? Drivers are lazy and like to park as closely as possible.

I don't, for one minute, think that the LE have charged him with murder on the 'say so' of one small girl ONLY. We were told that there has been "evidence gathered" - this suggests several pieces of evidence, imo.

I'm willing to accept the Child Sex Offender Disclosure Scheme as a good compromise, especially with the threat of an unlimited fine for disclosure. Full disclosure of everything to everyone *will* result in the vigilante lynch mobs having a field day, all aided and abetted by the pleb tabloid press we have here. Mark my words, there will be arson, and plenty of related and unrelated 3rd parties will be either seriously harmed or killed in the process. Were it to happen, there would then be a judicial inquiry into the "rSO full disclosure law" and it'll get scrapped.

I have to say I have seen for myself how misinformation on this subject can result in TOTALLY innocent people being beaten to a pulp in their own home.
An estate of around 100 houses in my town found were told that a paedophile was living on the Estate....that was ALL they knew, the result was lots of chinese whispers leading to an 78 yr old man's door...their reasoning was roughly 'must be him, hardly ever goes out and when he does he doesn't speak to anyone'....a vigilante group set up to 'deal' with him and he was literally beaten to an inch of his life!! GUILTY OF???.... BEING PARTIALLY SIGHTED AND DEAF.
It makes me angry to say the least!! Yes we need to protect our children but like you said the scheme now has it just about right, though it IS very risky to the innocent!:moo:

Yesterday there was some lunatic in another part of Wales deliberately mowing down pedestrians in his car. I would be interested in the description of that car, if anyone knows it. In case this looks horribly off topic I was wondering to what extent he could have been in an area April found herself in that fateful night.

They've just shown it on the local news - a large white transit van.
There are also pictures of it on the UK news sites.
I don't think it's related to this though TBH.

Still an awful incident and my heart goes out to all those involved. I started a new thread on it this morning :

UK - Man arrested on suspicion of murder after hit and run spree - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I don't, for one minute, think that the LE have charged him with murder on the 'say so' of one small girl ONLY. We were told that there has been "evidence gathered" - this suggests several pieces of evidence, imo.

Yes, as I posted previously, the only evidence the girl could give is to the abduction, not what followed.

jmo.

Good point!

Yes, as I posted previously, the only evidence the girl could give is to the abduction, not what followed.

Absolutely.
I would like to hear from those present at the parents' evening. For all we know MB might have dropped his ex and children off at the garages after the PE, their house being right opposite. Lots yet to find out.

That is why I'm stunned they haven't searched the estate.

What makes you believe they haven't? There are STILL 150 professionals searching in and around Machynlleth some 20 days on from her disappearance. What the heck do you think they've been doing!?

What makes you believe they haven't? There are STILL 150 professionals searching in and around Machynlleth some 20 days on from her disappearance. What the heck do you think they've been doing!?

Have they searched the properties on the estate? Sheds, garages, rubbish bins yes, but properly internally? I understand they need warrants for this, but it was where little April was last seen. From what I read the searches are concentrating on water and countryside areas now, and seem to have been for some time..

Have they searched the properties on the estate? Sheds, garages, rubbish bins yes, but properly internally? I understand they need warrants for this, but it was where little April was last seen. From what I read the searches are concentrating on water and countryside areas now, and seem to have been for some time..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19984704

"...Police search advisors..........in and around the town of Machynlleth.........a lot of the focus is in/around the village of Ceinws...."

Seems Machynlleth is still being searched, but Ceinws is the focus. Police search advisors must have had a say in this.

Not Midsomer is it :)

Just me, but someone like MB with all the military paraphernalia and a 4WD may even have a CB as well as an AM/FM. I believe someone else said 'old cars don't have radios', MB's car is L reg which I'm told is 1993, my car is 5 years older and came with a radio. Whether the radio is working or not is another matter but as he has been a mechanic and reportedly 'worked on motor bikes as well with April's Dad' I reckon he could sort out a car radio.
How do you know he has military paraphernalia?
How do you know he worked on bikes?

I haven't read those reports in the press.

I would have searched all the properties at the same time as the search of the grounds and river.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynthialynn13