Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #6 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If MB's answer was no to Q1, perhaps it took him only a moment to answer and the police did not believe him. Perhaps he has absolutely no verifiable alibi. What if he did not use his 'phone or switch it on, was not seen by his neighbours and just went home, ate something, watched a dvd and went to bed?

Interestingly, my husband and I watched Hitchcock's 'The Wong Man' earlier. Fascinating to see how difficult it is to prove your innocence without an alibi (depending on definitive forensics, of course) and how easy it is to be seen to be guilty because of circumstantial evidence. Or when the police really want to pin the crime on a specific person and will do anything they can, the evidence of which then gets approval from the CPS to go to court - Colin Stagg comes to mind.

Also, think that Paddy has an interesting point in whether the abductor was an opportunist and just took the first child that he could get into his vehicle, whether April was specifically targeted and/ or whether there could have been two or more victims if the young witnesses had also decided to get in the vehicle with her.

It's not getting any clearer is it? :(

Clear enough if you read everything that is available to us.

Depending on the type of phone, it can be traced even if switched off, flat battery and the SIM is removed. It happened here earlier this month in the Jill Meagher murder.

I'm thinking too to have a look at the map again, depending where he went there would be some CCTV from commercial areas.

I think it was said that there is no public CCTV in the town, although some shops have it. But we don't know if he drove through the town. There certainly isn't any CCTV in the Corris Valley - it is very rural, with much forest and the upper parts of the valley are uninhabited, and really quite wild:

095893_ea1cef99.jpg

Isn't Veggie's point that whatever they were, the crimes were committed.

It was in reply to Paddywhack saying that cold blooded killers don't usually cry. So the salient point being made was specifically about cold-blooded killings, as I understood it.

He has a car, most cars have radios,
Not in old vehicles.

don't believe he wouldn't have a TV, he had enough $ to rent the cottage,
He's a bankrupt and living on the dole. Wouldn't he get rent paid by the state?

the car wasn't playing up too much to get to mechanic next day,
He probably got it there in the same way he left the night before. Crunching gears etc
hopefully he was sober at the parents' meeting, don't think that little gem would have escaped the dailies.
He may have had a drink as soon as he got home.
If his mobile was out of range there are neighbours, oldies usually have a landline.
Why would he feel the need if he has no TV/Radio etc

And if the reason was the last one, wouldn't you tell Police or rather face life in prison.
He might have been in bed with a coppers wife.

People who like to play computer games or listen to music wouldn't necessarily bother to turn on a radio or TV. And why would anyone bother to call and tell him about April unless they thought he may know something - we don't know exactly when the idea of MB being involved was hatched in anyone's mind.

MSM reported that April's family alerted police about MB within hours of her abduction.

My point about the car was they usually have a radio and most people listen to it when they're driving. April's abduction was on FB I believe within an hour or so and the news spread rapidly, would have been all over local radio.

April's disappearance triggered the first nationwide child rescue alert in the UK. The alert has never been used across the country like this before, partly because suspected stranger-abductions are rare.

Charlie Hedges, manager of the missing, abducted and kidnapped children section within the Child Exploitation and Online Protection unit (Ceop), said the decision to launch the alert was made because the risk to April was so great, and in the knowledge that to do so could swamp the investigating team.

A team from Ceop has travelled to Wales to work with Dyfed-Powys police.

Police forces across the country – including the Metropolitan police – have offered support to the small rural force. Nationwide alerts have been issued and police were looking through CCTV footage from private homes, municipal cameras and the road network.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/oct/03/april-jones-suspect-mark-bridger

Not allowed to post links to social media unless an official page like Police, Newspaper, TV etc.

I thought that meant Twitter and Facebook, and you've said anyway that it wasn't FB. You can tell us where you read it without posting a link.

Depending on the type of phone, it can be traced even if switched off, flat battery and the SIM is removed. It happened here earlier this month in the Jill Meagher murder.

Does that apply even when there is no signal? We've been told that the area is very poor in that respect, with lots of black spots.

Depending on the type of phone, it can be traced even if switched off, flat battery and the SIM is removed.

But even that depends on the phone having been able to receive a signal. In much of the Corris Valley, as one of the locals confirmed, it is impossible to get a mobile phone signal - the valley is too deep and narrow.

But Veggiefan, I don't think the people you have named were "cold blooded" killers. Huntley was unbalanced but not clinically a psychopath, Tabak if he was to be believed killed while overcome by a weird sexual urge, Cooper probably flew into a sudden rage.

Was the killer of AJ "cold blooded"? We simply do not know.

Not in old vehicles. My car is older and it had a radio from new.

He's a bankrupt and living on the dole. Wouldn't he get rent paid by the state? He was supposed to be working in the forest and at the hotel that is being renovated.

He probably got it there in the same way he left the night before. Crunching gears etc It was still driveable, and no witness has reported it crunching gears the night before.

He may have had a drink as soon as he got home. Would that stop you if it was your little 'niece' who went missing?

Why would he feel the need if he has no TV/Radio etc Which I don't believe in this day and age. He was on FB etc so not adverse to technology.

He might have been in bed with a coppers wife.
Or he might have been out on the pull with Elvis Presley.:moo:

My point about the car was they usually have a radio and most people listen to it when they're driving.

I don't know what you're basing that on. I never listen to the radio when driving. And most people I travel with listen to their own choice of music via CDs or ipod.

If you look at the search parties out that day, most of them were dressed like that.

As someone else said, he had dropped off his car, had he also emptied the car to take the stuff home? No black bag has been found?

Child abductors don't normally draw attention to themselves. Once again, faulty vehicle.

Once again, faulty vehicle may not start. Park it for ease of manoeuvring.

Visiting his children?
Faulty vehicle. Explains why he took it to the garage.

Anxious and peeved that his vehicle was on its last legs?
An almighty bang. Something wrong with his vehicle, or did he hit something?
The car obviously needed fixing.

Isn't nearly all of this (excluding your answers Paddy, with which I agree) reported ? Hearsay mostly, and not really credible evidence in a court of law so we can't take it for fact?

But even that depends on the phone having been able to receive a signal. In much of the Corris Valley, as one of the locals confirmed, it is impossible to get a mobile phone signal - the valley is too deep and narrow.

Don't have to get a signal from a mobile tower to track phone, most smart phones nowadays have GPS trackers built into them and by default the GPS tracking devices are turned on. (assuming MB had iphone or similar, if not, previous comments apply, phone would be in range surely when around the town centre)

Ian Huntley, convicted of the murder of two 10-year old girls, "told Detective Constable Jonathan Taylor: "I was the last person to see them or to speak to them", and burst into tears, the jury was told."

Vincent Tabak, who confessed to the killing of Joanna Yeates "wept in the dock today as a jury was shown harrowing images of Joanna Yeates's strangled body".

"Douglas Cooper, 24, cried in the dock as a jury convicted him of attempting to murder the baby."

I'm afraid there are more cases like these and I don't think you can generalise.

MB's tears could just as easily come from the realisation that he is facing the rest of his life in prison if found guilty. As I've said before, were he not guilty, I would have expected outrage and protestation of his innocence, not tears.

And I don't think there's any chance that an accident was involved. If it was, confessing would have resulted in a prison tariff of between 2 and 4 years (with parole possible in half that time) for causing death by dangerous driving, instead of a child murder tariff of 25-30 years (possibly a whole-life sentence) before parole is even considered.

The CPS will have had good reason for agreeing to a murder charge, even though we don't know what that reason is.
I asked before were they real, or fake? These were fake. Fakers are easy to spot if you're allowed to observe them. The only thing to go on with Bridger is the detailed write up in the Guardian. Looking upwards is a sign of higher pleading.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7288543.stm

I don't know what you're basing that on. I never listen to the radio when driving. And most people I travel with listen to their own choice of music via CDs or ipod.

Based on my own friends and family. Must be a boring trip if passengers are plugged into their ipods.

Agreed, I listen to audio books when I'm driving.

I think it was said that there is no public CCTV in the town, although some shops have it. But we don't know if he drove through the town. There certainly isn't any CCTV in the Corris Valley - it is very rural, with much forest and the upper parts of the valley are uninhabited, and really quite wild:

095893_ea1cef99.jpg

In the Jill Meagher case in Melbourne, CCTV from the shops provided the evidence to identify the man accused of her rape and murder.

Isn't nearly all of this (excluding your answers Paddy, with which I agree) reported ? Hearsay mostly, and not really credible evidence in a court of law so we can't take it for fact?

Obviously it's hearsay from our position at this moment since we are only reading media reports, but it won't be hearsay if the first-hand witnesses mentioned testify in a court of law. They will be stating what they saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur