Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #6 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the pool picture page.

The sniper page has Friends set to private. What you're referring to is a set of generic FB questions that are on a lot of people's pages, the FB member in one of the questions is not a 'friend'.
Why would she message him and ask if he wanted to still be a friend? And, why would he respond "yes" that he wanted to remain her friend.

That doesn't mean he has REAL military items. I wear combat clothing, It is very comfy and practical, but I don't posses army knives, cb radios etc

Reposting link:-
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...spect-Mark-Bridger-was-weapons-collector.html

Ben Edwards, 22, said Mark Bridger, 46, had rifles and handguns mounted on his wall. Mr Edwards said the older man told him the weapons had been “made safe” and showed him a firearms licence for a rifle he kept in a box.

He said: “Mark also kept samurai swords on the table, he was a bit of a weapons collector and his style was military. He loved his Swiss Army knife, which he always carried around with him.”

Police disclosed yesterday that when Mr Bridger was arrested, walking along a main road just north of the village of Machynlleth, where April, who suffers from cerebral palsy, was abducted on Monday evening, he was wearing a camouflage jacket and waterproof trousers.

As detectives continued to question Mr Bridger yesterday, neighbours described him as a man who was “running out of avenues” in the local community after a string of failed relationships and jobs.

:banghead:

No, the pool picture page.

The sniper page has Friends set to private. What you're referring to is a set of generic FB questions that are on a lot of people's pages, the FB member in one of the questions is not a 'friend'.
I know that one is fake.

I don't, for one minute, think that the LE have charged him with murder on the 'say so' of one small girl ONLY. We were told that there has been "evidence gathered" - this suggests several pieces of evidence, imo.

I hope they do have solid evidence but am worried. Reading the the threshold test on the CPS website and seeing "evidence" in other cases, is why I'm worried.

It reads to me that the CPS will charge even when the evidence isn't there yet (within a reasonable time)

It explains why the police are still searching and why they are prepared to put a 7 year old on the stand. A back-up plan if you will.

I genuinely believe if they have solid evidence like DNA or blood that shows he murdered April they wouldn't have need to call up a 7 year old to testify (or indeed bother filing abduction/perverting justice charges). As someone pointed out earlier, it would only get a conviction for abduction.

I hope my cynicism is proved wrong.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...spect-Mark-Bridger-was-weapons-collector.html

Ben Edwards, 22, said Mark Bridger, 46, had rifles and handguns mounted on his wall. Mr Edwards said the older man told him the weapons had been “made safe” and showed him a firearms licence for a rifle he kept in a box.

He said: “Mark also kept samurai swords on the table, he was a bit of a weapons collector and his style was military. He loved his Swiss Army knife, which he always carried around with him.”

Police disclosed yesterday that when Mr Bridger was arrested, walking along a main road just north of the village of Machynlleth, where April, who suffers from cerebral palsy, was abducted on Monday evening, he was wearing a camouflage jacket and waterproof trousers.

As detectives continued to question Mr Bridger yesterday, neighbours described him as a man who was “running out of avenues” in the local community after a string of failed relationships and jobs.

:banghead:
I wouldn't have thought of that stuff as being military. I'd be thinking night vision binoculars, survival gear and stuff like that.

Why would she message him and ask if he wanted to still be a friend? And, why would he respond "yes" that he wanted to remain her friend.

Please read my post -
they are a set of GENERIC questions that are automatically generated somehow by FB and people can choose to answer them. If you look at many of the actors in this case, where their profile allows it you can see the same sets of questions, do you like Christmas pudding, where do you keep your tomato sauce, and so on and so on.

That doesn't mean he has REAL military items. I wear combat clothing, It is very comfy and practical, but I don't posses army knives, cb radios etc

I've got a Swiss Army Knife, asked for it as a birthday present this year !! But I'm not a bloke and I don't wear commies.

One shouldn't believe everything one reads in newspapers:floorlaugh:

One shouldn't believe everything one reads in newspapers:floorlaugh:

Which parts of the above should we disbelieve?

I hope they do have solid evidence but am worried. Reading the the threshold test on the CPS website and seeing "evidence" in other cases, is why I'm worried.

It reads to me that the CPS will charge even when the evidence isn't there yet (within a reasonable time)

It explains why the police are still searching and why they are prepared to put a 7 year old on the stand. A back-up plan if you will.

I genuinely believe if they have solid evidence like DNA or blood that shows he murdered April they wouldn't have need to call up a 7 year old to testify (or indeed bother filing abduction/perverting justice charges). As someone pointed out earlier, it would only get a conviction for abduction.

I hope my cynicism is proved wrong.

You have made some very salient points, and I completely agree. It is of concern that a lot of public opinion seems to be they have him "bang to rights". I feel uncomfortable about it all.

Please read my post -
they are a set of GENERIC questions that are automatically generated somehow by FB and people can choose to answer them. If you look at many of the actors in this case, where their profile allows it you can see the same sets of questions, do you like Christmas pudding, where do you keep your tomato sauce, and so on and so on.
Actors? She's a married woman with photos of her husband and the latest news story of a murdered girl called Jessica Ridgeway.

Folks, if you are discussing facebook quizzes and posts I hope they are coming from facebooks that are appropriate to discuss here at websleuths. If you are going to discuss something paraphrased from facebook you need to link to it in your post.

Which parts of the above should we disbelieve?

Personal opinions ? Best to bear in mind some peoples attitudes and thoughts about him may well have changed, he has been arrested and accused of a very serious crime (almost one of the worst). I'm sure it must be very difficult for reporters to get comments from a quite unbiased source.

You have made some very salient points, and I completely agree. It is of concern that a lot of public opinion seems to be they have him "bang to rights". I feel uncomfortable about it all.

Public opinion is really immaterial. The only thing that matters is the trial, a Judge and 12 jurors will decide, based on evidence already gathered (and to which none of us are privy) as well as what may change between now and then (including, please God, locating April).

IF the CPS and Police were both wrong and there was insufficient evidence for these charges, MB's defence would have been all over it like a rash and challenged the charges at the committal hearing.
That did not occur.

We don't know what witnesses and evidence, forensic and otherwise, police have. All will be revealed at the trial. That is the appropriate time and forum for evidence and witnesses to be challenged.

Actors is a term used legally to describe persons involved in a certain scenario.
Are you saying that a random female sent him a question and he just responded "yes"? If that is the case, why was it not deleted, or hidden along with the rest of his page?

Are you saying that a random female sent him a question and he just responded "yes"? If that is the case, why was it not deleted, or hidden along with the rest of his page?

I have answered the question twice, am not going for the trifecta.

The page: http://www.facebook.com/mark.bridger.77
is not hidden or deleted, privacy settings prevent anyone not on his friends list seeing certain features, in this case, photo album and friends list.

I have answered the question twice, am not going for the trifecta.

The page: http://www.facebook.com/mark.bridger.77
is not hidden or deleted, privacy settings prevent anyone not on his friends list seeing certain features, in this case, photo album and friends list.
I know all that and understand the Christmas pudding question is generated by a page called Christmas as a way of advertising themselves and tomato sauce is Australian travel, but the friend question links to a real persons page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003