Deceased/Not Found UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 Jul 2020 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motives?
So confusing with this one, because they've both been charged. If it was just ScW charged you'd guess it was straight forward, as he must have been alone with the children whilst SaW worked (although the number of children she probably didn't work for long spells due to Mat leave).

BW either KNEW SOMETHING
- Long term child abuse - both of them? The family will have had lots of dealings with agencies due to the disabilities, and the children were not home-educated, so various opportunities for professional referrals / child's disclosure.
SaW seems quite clever though so fake compliance perhaps. Tho if there has been previous concerns raised this will ofc build LE's case now.
- Financial/Fraud/Drug Addiction? I just can't shake the feeling that money - SaW's social media PR/her MH, ScW's gambling - might be linked?
I (professionally) know of a couple who went to extreme lengths to keep their many, and most registered disabled, children purely because it was very lucrative. The poor children themselves did not have a happy life, to put it mildly.
SaW says in one of her campaigns that she has 3 with the hereditary illness. But she also mentions others have Austism. If only 3 were registered disabled then the benefits income would be £800+a week alone. As I say, it could be well over £1k a week if there are other children with additional needs. That's not including housing & council tax benefit allowances which would cover their rent & CTax in full. & SaW's wages or Mat pay. So if SaW and ScW thought the children were at threat of being removed, their quite substantial income would be too.
All this said, I can't really pin this down. They don't appear to have a particularly lavish lifestyle. So IF they weren't spending all the money on their children (which they may well have been), did SaW support ScW's gambling, where they both gambling? Was one/both of them addicted to drugs?
If it's not about the money, it's just that SaW likes the attention having the children gives her. Fine, makes sense. However don't see how that fits with the murder?

Or BW did DID SOMETHING
As has already been said could be
- hurt one of the other children (or they hurt her), accidentally or otherwise
- told them she was pregnant - this for me is a no-go, I don't think - non-religious etc - this type of revelation would lead them into a fury to kill

From the parent of a disabled daughter - there is no such thing as 'registered disabled'.

Disability benefits are also not handed out willynilly. There are numerous hoops to jump through, not just once but repeatedly every time your child has to be reassessed. This is potentially multiple times each year.
No child, whatever the condition is guaranteed to qualify or to what level.

There is no one set amount of money - yes, your child is disabled, here's x amount of £s.
There are care elements and mobility elements and multiple levels of each.

I can quite honestly tell you that 99.9% (or higher) of parents would quite happily give up these 1k a week (you say) benefits to have a healthy child instead. Even the selfish ones.

Perhaps not a threat if one of the parents reacted in anger to something, accidentally killing her ie:- pushed and hit her head, pushed and fell down stairs. Then in panic they’ve both colluded together to dispose of the body and pretend she’s gone missing.

I think if something like this happened in the house the other children in the house would have seen it and they would not be able to claim she was missing.
An accident could be reported ,and an ambulance called,they could find a reason to explain how she fell,which did not involve them.

A search of the electoral register for the time Bernadette was born shows Sarah was living with a different man between 2003-2005. I won't post his name because he is not related to the current matter.

Alone :-

Name: MS Sarah L Padley
Birth Date: 1981-1983
Residence Date: 2003
Address: 61, Trafalgar Street, Carcroft, DN6 8AF
Residence Place: Doncaster, South Yorkshire, England

With a different man :-

Name:
MS Sarah L Padley
Address: 18, Southmoor Road, Hemsworth, WF9 4LT
Residence Place: Pontefract, West Yorkshire, England

Residence Date: 2003-2005
Address: 18, Kings Road, Cudworth, S72 8BB
Residence Place: Barnsley, South Yorkshire, England

Bernadette's birth registration :-

Name: Bernadette Louise Padley
Registration Date: Jan 2003
District and Subdistrict: 042/1C
Registration District: Doncaster
Inferred County: Yorkshire West Riding
Mother's Maiden Name: Padley
Register Number: C84D
Entry Number: 028

https://www.ancestry.com

Interesting, thank you. And a different area of the country

ETA: I say interesting bc we know abuse can be hidden by moves, especially across various LA areas.
Though to be absolutely fair it could just be that she previously lived in Yorkshire, then made a straight move to Peterborough. It looks like they have lived in that area since 2011 at least (from social media)

Last edited:
From the parent of a disabled daughter - there is no such thing as 'registered disabled'.

Disability benefits are also not handed out willynilly. There are numerous hoops to jump through, not just once but repeatedly every time your child has to be reassessed. This is potentially multiple times each year.
No child, whatever the condition is guaranteed to qualify or to what level.

There is no one set amount of money - yes, your child is disabled, here's x amount of £s.
There are care elements and mobility elements and multiple levels of each.

I can quite honestly tell you that 99.9% (or higher) of parents would quite happily give up these 1k a week (you say) benefits to have a healthy child instead. Even the selfish ones.

I suspected the post might not be taken in the intended spirit, I cannot stress enough my thoughts are a) not a personal or political statement iro the wider issues of benefits and disabilities (I have already said I was a claimant myself for years)
b) were not in relation to 99.9% of parents of disabled children.

My post was with the 0.01% in mind - the same 0.01% that may kill their children.

And you are quite right in that my terminology is not spot on - this is not because I am not aware of the system (I am, both personally and professionally) but I had written it in a way that I felt would be clearest to most readers. Apologies if that offended you or anyone else, that was not my intention.

My quoting of the figures was using the most conservative calculation og the children's mobility and care elements given the conditions we know for sure some have. I also completely agree the system is flawed in many aspects and fails the most vulnerable.
IMHO SaW is tenacious and clever enough to ensure the system worked well (as it should do) for her and her family, despite the endless forms and assessments.

I think if something like this happened in the house the other children in the house would have seen it and they would not be able to claim she was missing.
An accident could be reported ,and an ambulance called,they could find a reason to explain how she fell,which did not involve them.

I do agree, especially in the context of lockdown, that the most obvious suggestion is as you say:
Large family cooped up for weeks, heavily pregnant or very new mother SaW stressed
Lockdown eases over May/June/July, BW wants to go out more, SaW & Scw have come to rely on her help around the house
She stays out/kicks off, gives them some home truths (not her responsibility/she has her own life) one/both of them flip and the argument goes too far

The only issue here is I guess, why not report it as an accident, as Skigh says?

I think to be honest, my view on this case has been skewed by someone very early on this thread saying they were a local teacher and the family were known to be a worry for years - I think they used the term 'waiting to happen' ? :-(

A search of the electoral register for the time Bernadette was born shows Sarah was living with a different man between 2003-2005. I won't post his name because he is not related to the current matter.

Alone :-

Address: 61, Trafalgar Street, Carcroft, DN6 8AF
Residence Place: Doncaster, South Yorkshire, England

With a different man :-

Name:
MS Sarah L Padley
Address: 18, Southmoor Road, Hemsworth, WF9 4LT
Residence Place: Pontefract, West Yorkshire, England

Residence Date: 2003-2005
Address: 18, Kings Road, Cudworth, S72 8BB
Residence Place: Barnsley, South Yorkshire, England

Bernadette's birth registration :-

Name: Bernadette Louise Padley
Registration Date: Jan 2003
District and Subdistrict: 042/1C
Registration District: Doncaster
Inferred County: Yorkshire West Riding
Mother's Maiden Name: Padley
Register Number: C84D
Entry Number: 028

https://www.ancestry.com

So SW not the blood father, just a step dad? Is that right? Which maybe would explain why the other kids, his, have this genetic thing?

I do agree, especially in the context of lockdown, that the most obvious suggestion is as you say:
Large family cooped up for weeks, heavily pregnant or very new mother SaW stressed
Lockdown eases over May/June/July, BW wants to go out more, SaW & Scw have come to rely on her help around the house
She stays out/kicks off, gives them some home truths (not her responsibility/she has her own life) one/both of them flip and the argument goes too far

The only issue here is I guess, why not report it as an accident, as Skigh says?

I think to be honest, my view on this case has been skewed by someone very early on this thread saying they were a local teacher and the family were known to be a worry for years - I think they used the term 'waiting to happen' ? :-(

The poster who made that claim never returned.
I think anyone in a professional job would not give their profession when claiming they knew the family.

Yes that’s true, unless that’s where they’ve come unstuck as one of the children have said something putting doubt on their she’s gone “missing” story?!

Yes that’s true, unless that’s where they’ve come unstuck as one of the children have said something putting doubt on theit ages gone “missing” story?!

I think they would have said something earlier.
There were posters made of her going missing and put up. One of them would have said something.

I think they would have said something earlier.
There were posters made of her going missing and put up. One of them would have said something.

Isn’t Bernadette a few years older than the other children- I’m just thinking different bedtimes?! so haven’t seen any incident take place and thus believe it when their parents say she is missing.

Isn’t Bernadette a few years older than the other children- I’m just thinking different bedtimes?! so haven’t seen any incident take place and thus believe it when their parents say she is missing.

There are other siblings very close in age to Bernadette, a year or so between them. Then a gap then more close in age again.

So SW not the blood father, just a step dad? Is that right? Which maybe would explain why the other kids, his, have this genetic thing?

just to add, BW is not the eldest child so if ScW is not her bio dad, then it is possible he is also not the bio for several of them.

I agree with you re the genetic link with the other / younger children

just to add, BW is not the eldest child so if ScW is not the bio dad, then it is possible he is also not the bio for several of them.

just to add, BW is not the eldest child so if ScW is not her bio dad, then it is possible he is also not the bio for several of them.

Not the eldest? How many older? And are there 9 or 10 children? It was stated 9 in first reports, then started seeing 10? A lot of kids, either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1