Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for all those updates @mrazda71 . I am quite surprised at the new charges, for some reason.

Is it frequent that the plea is pushed back or is something going on in the background?

My guess is that because the charges have changed, the system now has to allow the accused persons / their defence team to have another period of time to discuss them and decide on their approach to the case.

I would guess that police suspect that Sarah was more involved but don't want to risk a 'not guilty' if the actual evidence isn't strong enough.

Better to get a solid 'Perverting the course of justice' conviction which still carries a hefty sentence than have her walk free.

I would guess that police suspect that Sarah was more involved but don't want to risk a 'not guilty' if the actual evidence isn't strong enough.

Better to get a solid 'Perverting the course of justice' conviction which still carries a hefty sentence than have her walk free.

Perverting the course of justice is one of the most serious crimes you can be charged with.

It carries up to a life sentence in prison (not that I've ever seen anyone get a life sentence for it!).

It is alleged that between July 18 and September 12 they perverted the course of justice by the sending of messages from Bernadette Walker’s telephone giving the impression she was alive.

And on July 21, false information was provided to police relating to their daughter’s disappearance, it is claimed.

It is alleged that between July 18 and September 12 they perverted the course of justice by the sending of messages from Bernadette Walker’s telephone giving the impression she was alive.

And on July 21, false information was provided to police relating to their daughter’s disappearance, it is claimed.

Ah, thank you for that. I was just trying to work out why they both have 2 counts - this explains it.

Well hopefully now Scotts lawyer will tell him there is no getting out of the murder charge and to plead guilty now will be in his favour. Then he needs to tell the truth. Not only has he killed his step daughter but he is stopping his children and the rest of his family mourn her and lay her to rest.

Something makes me thing it was Scott that sent the message from Bernadettes phone and Sarah didnt know. Sarah has however knowingly or not knowingly told the police Scotts version of events following Bernadettes disappearance. If Sarah is innocent the remaining children need to be back with their Mother asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz