Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Peterborough is all marshes and waterways around it. It’s the fens. If I was to hide a body, I would go the way they did (allegedly). The south lincs fens, complete darkness, no one about and easy access. You wouldn’t even have to bury someone, just into one of the many overgrown dykes that won’t be discovered until it’s cleared (if ever).

in all honesty, if it wasn’t for the mobile phone data, triggering that camera and their ridiculous story, would you look in cowbit given the information you were given?

I just messaged the Cambridge Crown Court to see if it'll be worth my while trying to get into the public gallery this week.
There should be a few spare seats on the press bench, judging by the lazy reporting! Put a tie on, you never know :D

I'm annoyed we were promised live updates from Cambridge Live and then that just fizzled away. I suppose I shouldn't moan, at least we have been getting fairly detailed midday and end of day updates.

Anecdotally people in Peterborough don't seem all that interested to me, though it may gain traction with the recent press coverage in the printed Peterborough Telegraph. Has anyone else local found this? Most people I speak to don't know the first thing about it.

There should be a few spare seats on the press bench, judging by the lazy reporting! Put a tie on, you never know :D

I'm annoyed we were promised live updates from Cambridge Live and then that just fizzled away. I suppose I shouldn't moan, at least we have been getting fairly detailed midday and end of day updates.

I wonder if the court has put restrictions on live reporting and they have been only allowed to do a morning and afternoon summary.

I wonder if the court has put restrictions on live reporting and they have been only allowed to do a morning and afternoon summary.
I think reporting restrictions only refer to evidence involving identification of any minor witnesses. I can't see it being the reason myself, at least none of the evidence given so far has needed to be redacted, mobile phone data, road cameras, texts and the call to report Bee missing. I could be wrong, courts would usually entrust media to be aware of the reporting restrictions and to report accordingly.

Anecdotally people in Peterborough don't seem all that interested to me, though it may gain traction with the recent press coverage in the printed Peterborough Telegraph. Has anyone else local found this? Most people I speak to don't know the first thing about it.
Same HH - no one seems aware it’s going on - only people who knew the family. Let me know if you get a reply re court visit - I’d love to go.

Peterborough Telegraph

So the Police searched BW's room on the 22nd and the very next night ScW makes a flying visit to Kings Lynn caught on an ANPR camera on the A47 passing on the way at 10.22pm and returning half an hour later. Was he disposing of more evidence? In the River Ouse?

Last edited:
Peterborough Telegraph

So the Police searched BW's room on the 22nd and the very next night ScW makes a flying visit to Kings Lynn caught on an ANPR camera on the A47 going there 10.22pm and returning half an hour later. Was he disposing of more evidence? In the River Ouse?
Also interesting from the same article:

"The court was told Sarah Walker made a number of internet searches during the week - including ‘my daughter is missing, can we search for where her phone was last used,’ and ‘I think my partner knows where my missing child is.’"

Evidence of genuine concern and suspicion of ScW, or deliberate decoy searches to persuade LE at a later stage of her innocence?

Same HH - no one seems aware it’s going on - only people who knew the family. Let me know if you get a reply re court visit - I’d love to go.

Really strange, considering the circumstances in which it happened! I’m always fascinated by true crime, and this is very close to home so has transfixed me! I also taught three of the younger siblings at a previous school so know the parents first hand and had lots of dealings with them!
I wonder whether it will gain more National press once they are found guilty?

Re: the searches for information made by SaW referenced above (sorry, my quote went awry)

Unnatural language to use to glean the requested information, is my reaction. Those search phrases are exactly what someone would use in an attempt to lay a false trail. They both sound completely inauthentic and designed to create an impression, rather than any useful.

You could even read as an attempt to gain the information they needed about mobile phone tracking etc. but presented in these terms, knowing that LE would be able to access the search terms used at a later date.

Also interesting from the same article:

"The court was told Sarah Walker made a number of internet searches during the week - including ‘my daughter is missing, can we search for where her phone was last used,’ and ‘I think my partner knows where my missing child is.’"

Evidence of genuine concern and suspicion of ScW, or deliberate decoy searches to persuade LE at a later stage of her innocence?

Searches like ‘I think my partner knows where my missing child is’" always puzzle me. What would one hope to find in response to that?

Leticia Stauch did the same when she murdered Gannon, all sorts of searches that were basically her emoting, not actually searching for information.

SaW’s searches smack very much of being staged for when police would find them - especially since SaW knew precisely where B’s phone was last used, since SaW was the one using it - so clearly laying a false scenario in the search to tally with her lies.

Hi. I am local and I agree, most people don't seem to know about it. I always felt something was ' off ' right from the very first missing appeals shared on FB by mutual friends of the family ( end of July 2020 )

Usually with a missing person, even if LE do not class them as ' vunerable ' an appeal of some sort is posted, or local press pick it up far sooner than they did with this case.

The gap between the missing report being made & the police investigation into it in September is odd. From the press reports & Court details now we can see that an officer visited the home on 23rd July? With ScW even mentioning the abuse claims to LE. Why was it not taken more seriously then? Or was LE already aware something was not right & silently working in the background from the start.

Haunted by this case. :(

I’d like to know if these late evening/early morning trips out the house were a long standing feature in their relationship, or if we correct to attribute them solely to BW disappearance.I guess we are likely to find out in the course of the trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heypig06