Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d like to know if these late evening/early morning trips out the house were a long standing feature in their relationship, or if we correct to attribute them solely to BW disappearance.I guess we are likely to find out in the course of the trial.

It will be interesting to see how ScW accounts for them all.

Also interesting from the same article:

"The court was told Sarah Walker made a number of internet searches during the week - including ‘my daughter is missing, can we search for where her phone was last used,’ and ‘I think my partner knows where my missing child is.’"

Evidence of genuine concern and suspicion of ScW, or deliberate decoy searches to persuade LE at a later stage of her innocence?

a sneaky one. That looks like she’s wondering where the phone is (she knows as she has it!) and casting doubt on the partner. I thought mother dearest was incredibly stupid, but now I am thinking she’s actually very smart and cunning

I still ponder on the fact that the arrests were not made until September. What vital evidence was lost due to the delay of a real missing person investigation. I know the LE have made great efforts to find Berni since but why did it take so long in the first place? This is a missing 17 yr old girl who had not used her phone, internet, bank accounts etc. What prompted the sudden flurry in questioning and searches?
I think they were suspects from early on but LE were waiting until they had gathered enough evidence until they could arrest and charge them. LE charged them very soon after the arrests. All that phone data CCTV etc would have taken a long time to be gathered and analyzed. They may even had had them under surveillance to be sure they didn't dissapear? They would also have been making all the 'proof of life ' checks ?

a sneaky one. That looks like she’s wondering where the phone is (she knows as she has it!) and casting doubt on the partner. I thought mother dearest was incredibly stupid, but now I am thinking she’s actually very smart and cunning
Or checking if LE can check where the phone wast last used ? Worrying as she had used it herself in her own home when BW was not there?

I'm amazed that Applegreen Services and Spar and a CCTV camera near the lockup (etc.) hadn't written over their CCTV by the time police investigated the parents in September and after.
I think police were investigating them long before when they were arrested. Looking at all the phone data and CCtv which was probably the evidence they needed to arrest and charge them with murder.

RSBM - Not sure where that particular journalist got 7 fathers from - not sure that's correct! Multiple yes, I would suggest 5 not 7.

Though that is neither here nor there ... the one that matters is the 'Dad' in the Dock.
Re the ten kids with seven different fathers. Do we know where this was from. Do we know how many kids SaW had before she got together with SW? I thought the three oldest siblings were full siblings. so one father there if so. Therefore if seven is correct six more? or if only five still four more. Wondered if SW was infertile and allowed SW to see other men to father more children? More kids equals more money coming in and attention for SW? SW being infertile would also explain no pregnancy during seven years of abusing BW.
Also he had 2 previous marriages and no mention of any kids from those? Not sure what my point is here really just more evidence of the bizarre family set up.

I think police were investigating them long before when they were arrested. Looking at all the phone data and CCtv which was probably the evidence they needed to arrest and charge them with murder.

yes, I get the impression they probably felt the same as us when they heard that story. Maybe they didn’t tell the family until their arrest, but that data was being gathered probably from the day they were finally called.

Sad reality is that most cases are family members and the last person to see them is often the guilty party too…and that’s all cases where they aren’t clearly lying!

Did ScW have kids from previous marriage perhaps? A fb post from October 2019 says he has 3 daughters - I thought in the household at that time there were only 2. Apologies if this has all been done before, I am still trying to work out the family arrangements.

Where is this article please?

The other thought I had was the woodland to the west of Bretton. I believe they lived in Bretton before Century Square. At the north end, there's a pull in and a locked gate just past the crematorium. ScW was a locksmith, but how good was he with padlocks?

I’ve searched the woods and reported the location to police after identifying it from ScW’s photos. Bretton is so busy I very much doubt he wasn’t seen even in the dead of night it’s always busy here!

Anecdotally people in Peterborough don't seem all that interested to me, though it may gain traction with the recent press coverage in the printed Peterborough Telegraph. Has anyone else local found this? Most people I speak to don't know the first thing about it.
Most people I know do know about it . But that’s because we know them , but it’s very well spoken about in my circles . But no missing posters , local news nothing like that ever

On SaW’s activities, has there been any clarity on what aspects she’s pleaded guilty to (therefore can nominally be taken as fact), and what is on trial?
I’m unclear as to the distinction between the charges, and that might help with current hypothesising.

On SaW’s activities, has there been any clarity on what aspects she’s pleaded guilty to (therefore can nominally be taken as fact), and what is on trial?
I’m unclear as to the distinction between the charges, and that might help with current hypothesising.
The mother of alleged teenage murder victim Bernadette Walker has admitted she lied to police during their investigation into the 17-year-old's disappearance.

Sarah Walker admitted two charges of perverting the course of justice.

The charges alleged the defendants sent messages from Bernadette’s phone between July 18 and September 12 last year, and they provided false information to the police relating to her disappearance on July 21.

Sarah Walker denied two similar charges, which also alleged the couple gave “the impression that Bernadette Walker was alive” and that they knew she was dead.

Mother of missing teen Bernadette Walker admits lying to police

The mother of alleged teenage murder victim Bernadette Walker has admitted she lied to police during their investigation into the 17-year-old's disappearance.

Sarah Walker admitted two charges of perverting the course of justice.

The charges alleged the defendants sent messages from Bernadette’s phone between July 18 and September 12 last year, and they provided false information to the police relating to her disappearance on July 21.

Sarah Walker denied two similar charges, which also alleged the couple gave “the impression that Bernadette Walker was alive” and that they knew she was dead.

Mother of missing teen Bernadette Walker admits lying to police

Assuming the content of the messages is provable, I don’t see how SaW can admit guilt in sending the messages without intending to give the impression BW was alive - she was pretending to be BW!

… or is the nuance that insodoing she would have to accept knowing BW is dead, which she denies…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member