Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a camera on the A47 on the stretch known as Pullover Road close to Kings Lynn but not sure if this is the only one they were recorded on at 10.22pm. Their car returned 30 minutes at approx 10.52pm after being recorded again, so maximum 15 minutes each way, probably much less. I'm speculating that the destination was a footpath by the River Ouse to dispose of evidence, possibly BW's phone if they still had it. From that camera possibly another 5 minutes with a 20 minute stroll and 5 mins back. And in the dark. They couldn't have arrive back to Century Square until maybe quarter to midnight.

Another question is where did they say they were going/doing to explain to whoever was looking after the kids when they're out late at night(s)?

The mother of alleged teenage murder victim Bernadette Walker has admitted she lied to police during their investigation into the 17-year-old's disappearance.

Sarah Walker admitted two charges of perverting the course of justice.

The charges alleged the defendants sent messages from Bernadette’s phone between July 18 and September 12 last year, and they provided false information to the police relating to her disappearance on July 21.

Sarah Walker denied two similar charges, which also alleged the couple gave “the impression that Bernadette Walker was alive” and that they knew she was dead.

Mother of missing teen Bernadette Walker admits lying to police

now this is interesting as it links the mother to the phone. Now we know where the phone was last seen, and we know who else was present when it finally turned off. It’s mostly there as the stuff not confessed to is extremely hard to explain now

There's a camera on the A47 on the stretch known as Pullover Road close to Kings Lynn but not sure if this is the only one they were recorded on at 10.22pm. Their car returned 30 minutes at approx 10.52pm after being recorded again, so maximum 15 minutes each way, probably much less. I'm speculating that the destination was a footpath by the River Ouse to dispose of evidence, possibly BW's phone if they still had it. From that camera possibly another 5 minutes with a 20 minute stroll and 5 mins back. And in the dark. They couldn't have arrive back to Century Square until maybe quarter to midnight.

Another question is where did they say they were going/doing to explain to whoever was looking after the kids when they're out late at night(s)?

I don’t know too much about this kings lynn trip. Where does it fit into the timeline and the proven data…

Also interesting from the same article:

"The court was told Sarah Walker made a number of internet searches during the week - including ‘my daughter is missing, can we search for where her phone was last used,’ and ‘I think my partner knows where my missing child is.’"

Evidence of genuine concern and suspicion of ScW, or deliberate decoy searches to persuade LE at a later stage of her innocence?

The charges alleged the defendants sent messages from Bernadette’s phone between July 18 and September 12 last year, and they provided false information to the police relating to her disappearance on July 21.

If SaW has admitted anything to do with having BW's phone and sending messages etc. then those internet searches could not look more like a deliberate, cynical and sly attempt to skew the investigation.

And a possible hint towards throwing ScW under the bus, as well. Once the dirty work was done, mind.

Assuming the content of the messages is provable, I don’t see how SaW can admit guilt in sending the messages without intending to give the impression BW was alive - she was pretending to be BW!

… or is the nuance that insodoing she would have to accept knowing BW is dead, which she denies…
I think the charges are nuts.

I don't think I've come across a murder accused being also charged with perverting the course of justice by lying to police and laying a false trail of texts from the victim. It's what murderers do to cover up their crimes, and the cover up is an aggravating circumstance at sentencing. I think what the CPS is doing is laying on extra charges in case the jury thinks she did run away, so to me those charges weaken the prosecution's belief in their no-body case.

As for Sarah I think the charges are a complete mockery. It seems clear this was joint enterprise murder and Sarah was not brought in after the fact. I've never seen so many similar charges for perverting the course of justice, based on nuanced reasons for perverting the course of justice. CPS clearly thinks the jury will believe Sarah knew Bea was dead (and was comfortably in the company of Scott during the body disposal), and I have no idea why they would think a mother would know that and 10 seconds later start lying for the murderer, AND after already preparing Bea's emails and facebook beforehand, unless they were in it together at least from the night before.

MOO

[...]

The court heard part of a call made by Ms Walker to police non-emergency number 101 on 22 July, four days after Bernadette was last seen, when she asked if it was advisable to put an appeal over her disappearance on Facebook.

She repeatedly mentioned sexual abuse claims Bernadette had made about Mr Walker and told the call handler Bernadette later admitted lying about the allegations.

[...]

Later that evening GPS tracked Mr Walker to a local lock-up, where he was for 25 minutes, during which time he spent 12 minutes on phone to Ms Walker.

At about 22:00 BST Ms Walker then did a Google search for "I think my partner knows where my missing child is".

The court heard she repeatedly logged into and out of Bernadette's Facebook account to "check for activity".

Jurors also heard Ms Walker told a friend in a message "I'm not going to be controlled by Scott anymore" and "I'm going to tell the police he made me delete messages".

[...]

On 24 July, Ms Walker sent a message to her current partner about Mr Walker, saying: "I'm not 100% convinced about his story."

She then did multiple Google searches for "how to track a mobile phone", "how to track a mobile phone's location" and for a second time "I think my partner knows where my missing child is".

Bernadette Walker: Mum 'Googled partner's role in teen's disappearance'

[...]

The court heard part of a call made by Ms Walker to police non-emergency number 101 on 22 July, four days after Bernadette was last seen, when she asked if it was advisable to put an appeal over her disappearance on Facebook.

She repeatedly mentioned sexual abuse claims Bernadette had made about Mr Walker and told the call handler Bernadette later admitted lying about the allegations.

[...]

Later that evening GPS tracked Mr Walker to a local lock-up, where he was for 25 minutes, during which time he spent 12 minutes on phone to Ms Walker.

At about 22:00 BST Ms Walker then did a Google search for "I think my partner knows where my missing child is".

The court heard she repeatedly logged into and out of Bernadette's Facebook account to "check for activity".

Jurors also heard Ms Walker told a friend in a message "I'm not going to be controlled by Scott anymore" and "I'm going to tell the police he made me delete messages".

[...]

On 24 July, Ms Walker sent a message to her current partner about Mr Walker, saying: "I'm not 100% convinced about his story."

She then did multiple Google searches for "how to track a mobile phone", "how to track a mobile phone's location" and for a second time "I think my partner knows where my missing child is".

So based on what we know as fact until now, does this point to someone who was being naively or knowingly manipulated by the perpetrator, or someone who was implicated in some way but trying to lay tracks for the inevitable criminal investigation? How would law enforcement discern between the two?

I’ve searched the woods and reported the location to police after identifying it from ScW’s photos. Bretton is so busy I very much doubt he wasn’t seen even in the dead of night it’s always busy here!
Was that the dolls of the woods photos? Because I've been trying to find out where they were taken for ages.

So based on what we know as fact until now, does this point to someone who was being naively or knowingly manipulated by the perpetrator, or someone who was implicated in some way but trying to lay tracks for the inevitable criminal investigation? How would law enforcement discern between the two?

I think this is what SaW was trying to do when she said that Scott used her thumb while she was sleeping...

[...]

[...]

[...]

There’s a slim chance she could get away. She could throw him under the bus and claim she was suspicious of his story and was putting it together until the police acted. He’s doomed.

however she knowingly lied about everything and covered tracks with a fake alibi. Even that call to 111, no the daughter didn’t admit she was lying, she did it for her! And no point tracking a phone as it’s in your bloody pocket! There has to be enough doubt here to have her Asan accomplice in this

I think a woman who has been under a degree of genuine coercive control would present in a very different way to a woman who is attempting to mount a pre-emptive defence of coercive control.

I do not presume - obviously - to know if SaW is either one of these women. I truly hope that the trial process will uncover all kinds of truths. However, a text message - to a new boyfriend - and after the event, of 'I'm not going to be controlled by Scott anymore,' along with those trail-laying internet searches, I'm choosing to view with a healthy dose of hmmm...

I do reserve a stone cold loathing for anyone who would attempt a false defence of coercive control, knowing how such a thing could affect other women in dire situations when brought before a court.

I've suggested variously that there opportunities to dispose of BW's phone after it disconnected for the last time after the Apple Garage. However, the charge relates to sending messages from BW's phone up to 12th September, so did they use it again?

I've suggested variously that there opportunities to dispose of BW's phone after it disconnected for the last time after the Apple Garage. However, the charge relates to sending messages from BW's phone up to 12th September, so did they use it again?
No it was last used on 20th July, was never connected again. Perhaps it also relates to the sending of other messages from social media accounts, I don't know, maybe even her own phone, where she was perverting the course of justice. I know it says phone but we haven't seen the full wording of the charge.

I think this is what SaW was trying to do when she said that Scott used her thumb while she was sleeping...[/QUOTE] Quite. Is she going to claim that he took her phone off her so that all three phones (SaW's, BW's and ScW's) were in ScW's possession at the crucial times and that he was sending the messages?

My view is hardening towards the early hours of the 19th for disposal, somewhere up near Newborough. If you have a dead body on your hands you want rid of it as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quantum-Dark