Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow so Kings Lynn is 50-60 mins away... But it is also right on the Ocean I know someone upthread had said the River Nene wasn't a possibility as they have things to stop flooding so a body would get stopped before going to the sea... But It doesn't look like they have one in Kings Lynn at the River Great Ouse. Also part of Road B198 is closed right now, wonder if it's related to this case.

Also Mods let me know if it's ok or not to post but I messaged Stephen Briggs from the Peterborough Telegraph about Salters Way and he said that he has the transcript of that call and he said the article is correct, he said Salters Way. They don't specify which town and I know some don't believe Donnington is connected I just wanted to let everyone know it wasn't a typo or anything.

they are certainly getting around! Kings Lynn is an ancient port and not reclaimed fens like Peterborough so no need for flood gates on our level. However it would take a long time to get there and back. Unless there’s a specific plan, there are places on that route that would make more sense.

Adding I suspect the deed was done during the missing 90 minutes on the Sunday morning and completed during their trip to cowbit. The third weird trip is throwing me, not really sure what they were doing as police were finally involved at this stage

Bernadette Walker murder trial: Teen’s mum told friends of concern about what Scott Walker had said in the car

The court heard Sarah Walker sent the message at about 6pm on July 24. In the message she said: “I really think he (Scott Walker) said something to her in the car. Why would she even get in the car if she had no intention of coming home.”
Thanks Ayashley. Who'd have thought the paper would print an update at 5am the day after court and after I'd updated the timeline? :rolleyes:

I've added it, latest version here UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, Peterborough, 18 Jul 2020 **TIMELINE ONLY**NO DISCUSSION**

What is weird is that ScW went back to the lockup after police had searched Bee's room, and then drove to King's Lynn the following night, probably to swiftly dispose of something in the sea, but still left Bee's rucksack in the lockup. What could he have been disposing of that he'd forgotten before?

What is weird is that ScW went back to the lockup after police had searched Bee's room, and then drove to King's Lynn the following night, probably to swiftly dispose of something in the sea, but still left Bee's rucksack in the lockup. What could he have been disposing of that he'd forgotten before?
His (farm worker's) overalls and boots that we wore on in the early hours of the 19th. I'm speculating obviously. It was something he/they didn't want the Police to find if they searched the lock up. I can't believe it was BW because at that time of year, the body would be in a bad way after 5 days. Perhaps they intended to make another text from BW's phone to suggest she was in King's Lynn but didn't for some reason.

i'm fascinated by this case. its so obvious they have murdered her and have made naïve attempts to cover it up, together.
But looking on social media - they don't seem dysfunctional, lots of family orientated posts and seemingly no past issues with drugs and crime etc. There must be some serious underlying personality disorders to explain how they could do such a terrible crime with a total lack of empathy. (narcissist / sociopath?)

I'm expecting SaW to turn on ScW during the course of the trial and put full blame on him, but I really don't think that is the case.

That police officer isn't witness 1.

The officer who went to the house on 23rd July was Elizabeth Aspland. Witness 1 is DC Jacqui Quinn.

Cambridge Crown Court 1 T20207197
Sarah Walker
Scott Walker
Details: Trial (Part Heard) - Witness evidence concluded - 10:08
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 2 Sworn - 10:14

So DC Jacqui Quinn is finished, I wonder if PC Elizabeth Aspland is next up. In any case, we can anticipate a likely change in emphasis away from digital evidence and place setting, towards more interaction and observation.

Apologies if this has been answered before (in which case I missed it) but do the 'steps' recorded on the phone also include running as well as walking?.

Just considering Sat 18th - a scenario where maybe BW did run out of the car (in Gunthorpe somewhere?), ScW chased and caught up to her. It would follow then that BW subsequently died following this chase.

This could make her death unplanned/opportunistic (but still deliberate) as opposed to pre-meditated (as in BW's death had already been determined prior to her being collected).

His (farm worker's) overalls and boots that we wore on in the early hours of the 19th. I'm speculating obviously. It was something he/they didn't want the Police to find if they searched the lock up. I can't believe it was BW because at that time of year, the body would be in a bad way after 5 days. Perhaps they intended to make another text from BW's phone to suggest she was in King's Lynn but didn't for some reason.
Yes, or the spade. That would be something he couldn't bury without using it to fill back in.

Ok wait am I mistaken or didn't Sarah also have her own car? Her car wasn't seen anywhere at all during all these hours? Or have we not heard about that yet? And didn't they have a van as well?

Man I've spent so much time walking on Google Earth in the UK and I've never seen a place with so many of the exact 5-10 same model cars in the same 5 shades. Made me realize how diverse America is with cars. Cars can make and break whole cases here!
Oh boy, you should check out South Korea. Every car is a black/white/silver Hyundai or Kia. Colours are for eccentrics.

That website is banjaxed for me, it won't let me scroll down and read the article.

court heard Sarah Walker sent the message at about 6pm on July 24. In the message she said: “I really think he (Scott Walker) said something to her in the car. Why would she even get in the car if she had no intention of coming home.”

She also raised concerns about Scott Walker’s behaviour to her boyfriend, Chris O’Connell.

In phone messages to Chris, she said: “I’m not 100 per cent convinced about what he said.”

She also spoke to a friend about how Scott Walker had acted when the friend had been to visit, with Sarah Walker saying he had showed emotion when the friend had arrived, but saying he had not shown the emotion during the rest of the week.

She said: “I still think there is something dodgy about the way he is behaving.

“I ain’t falling for a few fake tears.”

Playing Devil's Advocate. Let us assume for a moment that ScW was able to take SaW's phone after she'd gone to bed, so that it's only him when the two phones are together, and only him with BW's phone? Could he have acted alone based on other facts that we know, silencing BW before the paedophilia and rape/abuse allegations were reported? Could SaW not actually know then that BW was dead? Could it be she thought BW had run away and was likely to got to the Police with the sex abuse allegations, which led her to hack social media accounts? Is this the defence line for the two not guilty pleas?

Playing Devil's Advocate. Let us assume for a moment that ScW was able to take SaW's phone after she'd gone to bed, so that it's only him when the two phones are together, and only him with BW's phone? Could he have acted alone based on other facts that we know, silencing BW before the paedophilia and rape/abuse allegations were reported? Could SaW not actually know then that BW was dead? Could it be she thought BW had run away and was likely to got to the Police with the sex abuse allegations, which led her to hack social media accounts? Is this the defence line for the two not guilty pleas?
She has admitted sending the texts.

I am tending to sway to whether sw was actually aware of Bw passing. She hacked media accounts yes but was this to nip the abuse claims in the bud before accusations getting any further. Changing passwords so bw couldnt access them to see that mom has acted as bw stating it was all lies

She has admitted sending the texts.
Has she admitted sending texts? I thought she is denying the charge of sending texts to give the impression BW was alive when she knew she was dead. Has she not admitted providing false information about her daughter's disappearance on 21st July?

Has she admitted sending texts? I thought she is denying the charge of sending texts to give the impression BW was alive when she knew she was dead. Has she not admitted providing false information about her daughter's disappearance on 21st July?
"Sarah Walker admitted two charges of perverting the course of justice.

The charges alleged the defendants sent messages from Bernadette’s phone between July 18 and September 12 last year, and they provided false information to the police relating to her disappearance on July 21.

Sarah Walker denied two similar charges, which also alleged the couple gave “the impression that Bernadette Walker was alive” and that they knew she was dead."

Mother of missing teen Bernadette Walker admits lying to police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member