Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The prosecution said the Cowbit pings suggested movement. He could quite easily have stopped to text and driven on. They're not long messages.

I'm not convinced that the style of language is SaW's in this exchange. I think this is ScW pretending to be BW.

Experts would more than likely have been able to determine who wrote the texts using Berni's phone.

The prosecution said the Cowbit pings suggested movement. He could quite easily have stopped to text and driven on. They're not long messages.

I'm not convinced that the style of language is SaW's in this exchange. I think this is ScW pretending to be BW.
I think it's Sarah pretending to be a teenager talking to her friend. It's all academic really, only the jury will have been told if the phone was moving while the texts were being sent, and if Sarah has admitted sending them. We do know Sarah didn't say to police that her phone was missing she only said he used her thumb to track her. She admitted the charge of sending texts from Bee's phone after that, so she would have probably denied it all if she was going to say he did it.

I think it's Sarah pretending to be a teenager talking to her friend. It's all academic really, only the jury will have been told if the phone was moving while the texts were being sent, and if Sarah has admitted sending them. We do know Sarah didn't say to police that her phone was missing she only said he used her thumb to track her. She admitted the charge of sending texts from Bee's phone after that, so she would have probably denied it all if she was going to say he did it.
I didn't say she knew ScW was pinching her phone when she's in bed. It's suggested that he has gained access to it. If I was defending SaW I would definitely be developing this narrative.

I've not seen any mention that gps tracking was enabled on BW's iphone.

It maintains the falsehood that BW is still alive and using her phone. At this stage of events, no-one knows what we now know.

SaW has admitted sending messages from BW's phone.
At some point she will have been asked, "And what did you do with it *then*?"
It will be interesting to see what her reply was ....

I will bet my house on SaW denying sending all the messages from BW's phone.

YES!

I'm also puzzled about the sim card as someone above mentioned. Would LE be able to track a phone after it was reset to factory settings with a new SIM?

The lack of reporting is so frustrating!
I wish cameras were allowed for public here, similar to US cases.
I hope all those phone data analyses won't bore the jury and tilt the case. I find them fascinating but I guess it depends on how it's told. JMO

Apologies if this has been answered before (in which case I missed it) but do the 'steps' recorded on the phone also include running as well as walking?.

Just considering Sat 18th - a scenario where maybe BW did run out of the car (in Gunthorpe somewhere?), ScW chased and caught up to her. It would follow then that BW subsequently died following this chase.

This could make her death unplanned/opportunistic (but still deliberate) as opposed to pre-meditated (as in BW's death had already been determined prior to her being collected).
That makes sense. But why was SaW sending texts and changing passwords on BWs phone the night before if unplanned?

Plus BW's phone was in the house with SaW while ScW was out, and she was having a fake text conversation with BW.
Exactly. So SaW only could have sent those messages at that time. But other times it could have been either one of them as all three phones are together. Hence why they have both been charged with it

That's not what I'm saying. SaW took the phone off BW and used it to make up a conversation early afternoon on the 18th. That is fact. ScW might have had BW's phone after that. We can't assume that a phone equals a person. I went to the supermarket last night but my mobile phone stayed at home. On the basis of the phone, I never left the house.

We learned from SaW that ScW unlocked her phone (assuming iphone) with her fingerprint one night when she was in bed. He could then have added his own fingerprint to open her phone at will (it allows up to 5 fingerprints per phone). Based on SaW's phone alone, what is the pattern of incrimination? Is it all at night when SaW is in bed?

As I say, I'm playing Devil's Advocate.
But the fingerprint story sounds very far fetched. How would she know he had done that if she was asleep? She could just be saying that to cover herself. Wouldnt she ask ScW where BWs phone was as she had been using it herself?

Experts would more than likely have been able to determine who wrote the texts using Berni's phone.
They are both charged with this though so could have been either one of them at various times when all 3 phones were together

it’s not nearby, is across the city and some
It's about 10 mins by road from the lock up to the gate of the prison and it might not have been that close to the prison. Message from BW's phone sent at 3.33pm and ScW sent a text to his stepfather at from the lock up at 3.45pm. That's 12 mins. I think the phone and text sent then was deliberate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1