GUILTY UK - Blake, 14 & Tristan Barrass, 13, dead, 4 hospitalized, Sheffield, May 2019 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Looking at her facebook postings my impression is attention seeking and victim like behaviour which are traits of Borderline PD.

IMO

Exactly what I was thinking but wasn't sure if I should discuss what I've seen! Borderline or even a mixture of that and other personality disorders such as histrionic or narcissism.

Unfortunately, I know someone quite like this...extreme bouts of swinging from loving people to hating them, plenty of talk about 'karma', being a victim and ultimately, always focused on their own feelings above those of others.

Hi all! Just found this thread. How horrific! :eek: My prayers to the surviving children and other family members.

I have not read the sm rumors. My first thought was some kind of extreme religious type of motivation? Maybe it was meant to be murder/suicide of the whole family. A folie a deux type of thing? jmo

Very sad for the kids :(

I would say she is not at all religious judging by the kind of things she has posted on sm.

Why are they all reporting it as SB has been remanded and not BM as well ?

Some people have been saying this is sexist because media are just focussed on the mother. Maybe it's because she reportedly shouted and said "they're my children' and complained about the court getting their names right...whilst the male accused stayed silent. So really just less to report about him?
Or maybe the people in the court heard more about what happened and think the charges against the man are less likely to stick?

Hi all! Just found this thread. How horrific! :eek: My prayers to the surviving children and other family members.

I have not read the sm rumors. My first thought was some kind of extreme religious type of motivation? Maybe it was meant to be murder/suicide of the whole family. A folie a deux type of thing? jmo

Very sad for the kids :(

I'd think that perhaps that might be a possibility in America but very unlikely here in the UK, we're not a highly religious people these days and even less so to a fanatica/extreme way.

Not sure I can even recall a religiously motivated familial murder ... discounting 'honor killing' etc

Some people have been saying this is sexist because media are just focussed on the mother. Maybe it's because she reportedly shouted and said "they're my children' and complained about the court getting their names right...whilst the male accused stayed silent. So really just less to report about him?
Or maybe the people in the court heard more about what happened and think the charges against the man are less likely to stick?
She also has the 3 attempted murder charges over 2 days which he doesn't. But I'd be happy for them to have equal focus until we know more.

details_close.gif
Sheffield Crown Court 7 T20197237
brandon machin
sarah barrass
Details: For Preliminary Hearing - Case Started - 10:04
For Preliminary Hearing - Reporting Restrictions. For details please contact the Court Manager - 10:14
For Preliminary Hearing - Hearing finished for BRANDON MACHIN - 10:19

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

The term Munchausens is no longer used.
The term used now is Factitious disorder/ on self or on another.

It's something I know a little about and on what we know now, I would have that waaaay down the list on motive.
People with FDIA don't want to kill the person they're using - there is usually long term, increasing abuse, yes, and perhaps occasionally life is lost as a result but that would be unintentional.

This case is very clearly a double murder and triple attempted murder.

I sincerely hope the surviving children are placed in good care and can go on to be given some semblance of a 'normal life' though the older 2 children will never be able to forget the horror they've been through :(

Last edited by a moderator:
The term Munchausens is no longer used.
The term used now is Factitious disorder/ on self or on another.

It's something I know a little about and on what we know now, I would have that waaaay down the list on motive.
People with FDIA don't want to kill the person they're using - there is usually long term, increasing abuse, yes, and perhaps occasionally life is lost as a result but that would be unintentional.

This case is very clearly a double murder and triple attempted murder.

I sincerely hope the surviving children are placed in good care and can go on to be given some semblance of a 'normal life' though the older 2 children will never be able to forget the horror they've been through :(
Thanks for your detailed response. I didn't read much into it, probably should have before posting. Was thinking about Beverley Allitt. Something about her FB history made me think of that.

<modsnip>

From what I’ve seen unofficially reported (and remember this was originally reported as a shooting locally) this is possibly the sickest case I’ve ever read about. If half of what I read is true then there has been around half a century of failings in regards to this lot. The details are likely to cause a level of hatred unlike any other so I don’t see any benefit in sharing it ahead of a jury being selected and sworn in (November I believe).

Any semblance of a fair trial is out the window and uncle and nanny threatening other people with violence and wishing death to their kids isn’t adding any sympathy for anyone bar the innocent kids who have suffered.

Last edited by a moderator:
sbm
From what I’ve seen unofficially reported ... this is possibly the sickest case I’ve ever read about.
Me too. And those very vocal relatives haven't denied any of it as far as I've seen. Those poor, poor little kids, I hope the surviving ones are in a safe loving place right now, the oldest ones will likely never get over this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak
Back