GUILTY UK - Blake, 14 & Tristan Barrass, 13, dead, 4 hospitalized, Sheffield, May 2019 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They really should take the mum's Facebook page down. Those comments are super grim and also could jeopodise the trial.

I agree. I can't see the reasoning behind people posting on her page anyway. I know they're shocked and upset but a torrent of abuse and rumours isn't going to do any good or change anything. Her relatives should really be staying off SM too. They must be going through hell and probably don't know what they're saying or doing really.

I agree. I can't see the reasoning behind people posting on her page anyway. I know they're shocked and upset but a torrent of abuse and rumours isn't going to do any good or change anything. Her relatives should really be staying off SM too. They must be going through hell and probably don't know what they're saying or doing really.
Her profile pic also has the names of the surviving kids.

bbm

I hope they have been offered some type of mental support. They sound so confused...

I know there is much gossip online and I'm not going repeat any of the actual rumours..I was thinking about the few usual motivations where women kill their children and differ from the usual reasons for men.

1) Psychosis, ie. insanity where the person has totally lost touch with reality

2) Believing they are protecting their children from something worse than death

3) More unusual ( and occurs more in men) Thinking the children are possessions and they can destroy them to control others or just to benefit themselves. These people usually have some personality disorder such as narcissism and are not considered insane, such as Chris Watts who killed his family.

I have to rule out no. 1 because there are 2 adults charged, they can't both be insane. I'm not sure about no. 2 because again...2 adults charged who appear to be the parents, so not 'protecting' the kids against the other parent.

Number 3 is my bet and I'm very sad to say that once you have encountered family members with personality disorders such as malignant narcissism you recognise the signs. That's just my opinion.
I really think more needs to be done on awareness of such disorders. Kids can be extremely damaged by it and it is mostly emotional abuse so Teachers, friends, social services and police just see on the surface what appear to be well fed, well looked after kids until something very tragic happens.

South Yorkshire Police confirmed this morning that post mortem examinations have been carried out but the results have not been disclosed for ‘operational reasons’.

[...] Those children – as well as two other youngsters – cannot be named for legal reasons.

A High Court injunction banning their identification covers social media comments, photographs or anything else that could lead to their identification.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/crim...heffield-boys-at-centre-of-murder-probe-67434

I know there is much gossip online and I'm not going repeat any of the actual rumours..I was thinking about the few usual motivations where women kill their children and differ from the usual reasons for men.

1) Psychosis, ie. insanity where the person has totally lost touch with reality

2) Believing they are protecting their children from something worse than death

3) More unusual ( and occurs more in men) Thinking the children are possessions and they can destroy them to control others or just to benefit themselves. These people usually have some personality disorder such as narcissism and are not considered insane, such as Chris Watts who killed his family.

I have to rule out no. 1 because there are 2 adults charged, they can't both be insane. I'm not sure about no. 2 because again...2 adults charged who appear to be the parents, so not 'protecting' the kids against the other parent.

Number 3 is my bet and I'm very sad to say that once you have encountered family members with personality disorders such as malignant narcissism you recognise the signs. That's just my opinion.
I really think more needs to be done on awareness of such disorders. Kids can be extremely damaged by it and it is mostly emotional abuse so Teachers, friends, social services and police just see on the surface what appear to be well fed, well looked after kids until something very tragic happens.
I've been thinking about no.2, in terms of *if* there was any warning that the family might be split up by social services.

My take on the charges, and no charge of attempted murder against the male, is that he didn't get help or rescue the boys who died but he wasn't involved in what happened the day before. That could bring no.1 into play. Not making excuses or saying it's likely - just looking at possibilities here - she *could* have been suffering from postpartum psychosis.

Speculation only.

LOCATION COURT CASE N0. DEFENDANT/S
details_close.gif
Sheffield Crown Court 7 T20197237
brandon machin
sarah barrass
Details: For Preliminary Hearing - Case Started - 10:04

I've been thinking about no.2, in terms of *if* there was any warning that the family might be split up by social services.

My take on the charges, and no charge of attempted murder against the male, is that he didn't get help or rescue the boys who died but he wasn't involved in what happened the day before. That could bring no.1 into play. Not making excuses or saying it's likely - just looking at possibilities here - she *could* have been suffering from postpartum psychosis.

Speculation only.

Yes, it could be something they both saw as a threat to split up the family.
I can't really go into all the reasons for believing no. 3 at the moment but for me the signs are there of certain personality type over years, not just recent problems.

I've also thought of the Philpott case where the parents thought they could get something out of harming their kids...for me that would still support scenario no.3

Yes, it could be something they both saw as a threat to split up the family.
I can't really go into all the reasons for believing no. 3 at the moment but for me the signs are there of certain personality type over years, not just recent problems.

I've also thought of the Philpott case where the parents thought they could get something out of harming their kids...for me that would still support scenario no.3
Looking at her facebook postings my impression is attention seeking and victim like behaviour which are traits of Borderline PD.

IMO

Hi all! Just found this thread. How horrific! :eek: My prayers to the surviving children and other family members.

I have not read the sm rumors. My first thought was some kind of extreme religious type of motivation? Maybe it was meant to be murder/suicide of the whole family. A folie a deux type of thing? jmo

Very sad for the kids :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nithila
Back