UK - (Christopher Halliwell) Rebecca Godden-Edwards, 21, Swindon, 27 Dec 2002

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Meanwhile, The Sun contends that....

There may be more bodies, says cabbie
Last night a source close to the probe said: "He hinted after being picked up that there could be other victims. They are preparing to go back over the last 20 years."

The insider added: "When he was first picked up he did chat to detectives, although he has subsequently stayed silent."
(a bit more at link above)

Becky Godden-Edwards to be put to rest on 18 July
A West Swindon family will be trying to reach some kind of closure on the tragic case of their missing daughter when a funeral is held next Monday.
---
The funeral takes place from 1pm on Monday 18 July at Christ Church in Old Town, Swindon and is open to all who would like to attend.

A service for family and very close friends will be held afterwards at Kingsdown Crematorium.
(more at link above)

THE man accused of murdering Sian O'Callaghan and Becky Godden-Edwards has once again appeared before a judge.

Christopher Halliwell, of Ashbury Avenue, Nythe, appeared before Bristol Crown Court moments ago for what was expected to be a plea and case management hearing.

However, no charges were put to the 47-year-old mini-cab driver, who appeared via videolink from Long Lartin prison, in Worcestershire.

Both of the women's families attended the hearing.

Halliwell is expected to face a preliminary hearing before a High Court judge by the end of the year and any trial would take place next year.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/9165396.Halliwell_appears_before_court/

It seems very strange that although Christopher Halliwell was charged with the murder of Becky Godden-Edwards, no case has yet been brought against him. Maybe it is too difficult to put together the prosecution case or perhaps the police suspect him of being involved in other disappearances of young women and they want to try and get more information from him without the distraction of further court proceedings. I personally feel there is a lot more that we aren't being told. Even the location of the court where the plea and case management hearing took place for the murder of Sian O'Callaghan is restricted information which the press is banned from publishing.

It's clear now why Halliwell wasn't in court to face charges of Becky's murder and why there was so much secrecy over the court proceedings. Hopefully he will now co-operate with the police to give them more information on Becky's death so her family can have closure and perhaps also on other unsolved murders.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-29340438

On Tuesday police asked for information on a silver Volvo... The silver Volvo, registration T661 LGP, is believed to have been in the Swindon area in 2002-03...

Officers were led to the body by Halliwell, but he was not prosecuted over her death after a judge ruled detectives had ignored arrest guidelines.

Halliwell was later jailed for life for Ms O'Callaghan's murder.

I have been in touch with Beckys dad, via a F
acebook page he has set up. he is adamant that Haliwell did not kill his daughter and he is being used as a scapegoat. He has a very interesting perspective and is adamant there is a cover up going on. I will ask him to join here as I think its good to have all sides of the family represented if possible.

I have been in touch with Beckys dad, via a F
acebook page he has set up. he is adamant that Haliwell did not kill his daughter and he is being used as a scapegoat. He has a very interesting perspective and is adamant there is a cover up going on. I will ask him to join here as I think its good to have all sides of the family represented if possible.

But I thought Haliwell admitted killing Becky and even led police to where her body was after he was arrested over Sian's murder? Is her dad thinking Haliwell knew where her body was but didn't kill her himself and then did a copycat murder years later or is that he doesn't believe Haliwell led police to her body?

But I thought Haliwell admitted killing Becky and even led police to where her body was after he was arrested over Sian's murder? Is her dad thinking Haliwell knew where her body was but didn't kill her himself and then did a copycat murder years later or is that he doesn't believe Haliwell led police to her body?

I believe he thinks someone else did it and the police already knew where the body was. he said there was a 4 hour gap where an officer just disappeared with Haliwell and came back and coached him in to giving a statement. This is why the charge was originally dropped - not just because he wasn't read his rights when he confessed.

This case is local to me and have followed it since Sian O Callaghan went missing. There has been many twists and turns. At one point it was suggested CH could be responsible for many other ongoing missing women cases in the area. There is also very evident differing views from Becky's parents who don't appear united. I am perplexed her father's voice is not being heard, but at same time am sure his postings on the open group could jeopardise the case.

He is posting very freely on FB, but some of his posts seem a bit rambling and don't really make sense. He is obviously disgruntled at the way the police have handled his daughters case. he believes many of the statements from the police are not true and that its a cover up of the real killer.

He has publicly stated that he thinks his daughter was about to expose a 'sex gang that had been operating in & around the Swindon'

He repeatedly names the police officer he believes is part of the cover up and states that he searched many times for his daughter and dint know she hadn't been reported missing.

So many things don't add up that its hard to be sure what to believe

I feel exactly the same, although I'm leaning more on the other side of fence. The said named officer received 'God' status locally and even following his misconduct trial. As it's all for public viewing, if there was any strength to it, I'm certain it would be all over our local media. To the contrary, they have been very dignified this time and only released minimum information. The last on CH was a few years back when officers unearthed Sian O'Callaghan's boots and over 60 items of women's clothing. At that time local media were in a frenzy adding to the original officer's inclination CH could potentially be a serial killer and possibly linked to other outstanding cases. Take a look at this link to analyse http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-19988242

It seems straightforward enough to me. His suggestions make no sense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back