UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm brand new to this and have been studying the case as I live in York. I feel the opposite, there are too many wild conspiracy theories around people on CCTV. If, Claudia left for work that morning then she was snatched/attacked by a stranger or perhaps was the victim of a hit and run? Dark mornings, long walk, students and others driving back from nights out intoxicated. If it was someone she knew then it would have been the evening before, probably someone she let in. Also never seen anything anywhere about student expelled in 2010 for possessing hardcore child *advertiser censored* who went back to Singapore and was jailed for underage sex with a 15 year old he groomed. Turned out he was caught looking into female staff toilets as a 15 year old himself. He was at Goodricke College and lived on campus on Claudia's route and was a second year student when she went missing. Did police interview him? Could he have seen or even known Claudia? What became of him after he left jail in Singapore - very hard to establish. Jonathan Wong Wei Keong.
you can never rule anything out completely, of course, but I think the police are right to have more or less ruled out the idea that she was randomly grabbed on the way to work and I. think they have looked at this in great detail.
I also suspect that Claudius mothers gut instinct is right, but im not sure what. that means for this. case....just getting rid of any evidence that a person. or person. had been there or that she knew something compromising or had contact with someone...that wouldn't necessarily. mean that an attack took place in the house, ...although it could have done of course...but maybe someone just wanted to remove evidence of their having been in. Claudius life

Puzzling response, CCTV is easily misinterpreted, just because someone is seen it does not mean they are automatically up to no good.
I agree...I think wed have heard at least a bit of something if there'd have been disruption on the street....maybe the police changed their mind about things kicking off...whatever. that means...immediately after the phone call
SUV ruled out
Doesn’t mention the second vehicle

Hi have any of you read about the case on medium? That gives a lot of info like who she was with in acomb 2 wks prior exc..
Its almost a 2 hour read though.
I only realised this about 3 quarters through haha
It also shows on the alleyman cctv 4 people.
Will look for the link now

I'm struggling to forward the link so type claudia lawrence medium in google if u ain't already.

If you go to the alleyway man footage (7.15pm on the 18th) slow the footage down at 0.25 speed watch after he stops and moves towards the light at the end of the road - he looks to me to be carrying something under his arm something perhaps 2 ft long and a foot wide - as he exits Heworth place he looks left and back - he has what looks to be a balding head. take a look

The only problem with major langs blog is nothing is for certain
True enough - one ambiguity regarding addresses which caught my attention previously was that ML refers in the text to an address for one of the POIs as 6 O——— Avenue, but illustrates it with an aerial photo of nearby 6 O——— Drive. Interesting, because (IMO) the 5.42am cctv braking car looks more like a Ford Fusion than a Focus and historical streetview images of the Avenue address show a silver Fusion sat on the driveway in 2008/9. Hard to see how this would not have been picked up at the time if the Avenue address was the correct one, though. Enhanced cctv image from the Mirror article posted previously:

BF5D5410-7405-4213-B6BD-7D9EE2E80F93.jpeg

Claudias mother reckoned it looked like someone had tidied the house.

Reposting a photo of the living room of 46HR taken shortly after CL’s disappearance which first appeared on thread #9 for info:

47726C42-522C-46F7-93D1-0E3BBD122A63.jpeg

Reposting a photo of the living room of 46HR taken shortly after CL’s disappearance which first appeared on thread #9 for info:

View attachment 385151
I wonder how long shortly means. PL said in an interview with the Dailly Express that Claudia's slippers were at the front door as if she had stepped into her boots. JL said the type of slippers were not something that Claudia would wear. Are the slippers in the photo the same ones? It certainly doesn't look like much searching went on in the living room.

I wonder how long shortly means. PL said in an interview with the Dailly Express that Claudia's slippers were at the front door as if she had stepped into her boots. JL said the type of slippers were not something that Claudia would wear. Are the slippers in the photo the same ones? It certainly doesn't look like much searching went on in the living room.
Pretty new to posting here - so may fall foul of some rule I've not found, but...

This Crimewatch episode is 3 months after Claudia went missing (It's probably in one of the threads here, I just can't find it)
Crimewatch UK June 2009

FWIW what appear to be the same tulips, but more wilted and no water, are on the coffee table (the remote control has moved and the flowers have gone from the fire place) It's introduced as 'preserved as a crime scene'. So, the photo above seems to be taken not that long ( a week or so?) before the video - with the slippers in shot. In the video at 3:30 we see the base of the candle holder - no slippers, but there's also now other stuff on the floor near a wilty Swiss cheese plant (I think) - in the photo it's a yucca plant there - and the cheese plant is by the front door/sofa. The slippers' position in the photo doesn't seem like a natural place to leave them. Probably all this shows is that things do get moved about and that perhaps later the slippers were taken as some sort of evidence (or moved, out of shot). The slippers...do just seem weirdly out of place, almost as if staged for that photo (imo). Any idea what is on the sofa in the photo - but not in the video? Unless it's some sort of watermark...

Pretty new to posting here - so may fall foul of some rule I've not found, but...

This Crimewatch episode is 3 months after Claudia went missing (It's probably in one of the threads here, I just can't find it)
Crimewatch UK June 2009

FWIW what appear to be the same tulips, but more wilted and no water, are on the coffee table (the remote control has moved and the flowers have gone from the fire place) It's introduced as 'preserved as a crime scene'. So, the photo above seems to be taken not that long ( a week or so?) before the video - with the slippers in shot. In the video at 3:30 we see the base of the candle holder - no slippers, but there's also now other stuff on the floor near a wilty Swiss cheese plant (I think) - in the photo it's a yucca plant there - and the cheese plant is by the front door/sofa. The slippers' position in the photo doesn't seem like a natural place to leave them. Probably all this shows is that things do get moved about and that perhaps later the slippers were taken as some sort of evidence (or moved, out of shot). The slippers...do just seem weirdly out of place, almost as if staged for that photo (imo). Any idea what is on the sofa in the photo - but not in the video? Unless it's some sort of watermark...

This is the later reverse angle photo - tulips wilted; candles, tv remotes and slippers moved/missing; pen gone from table; flowers gone from in front of the fire and photo missing from mantelpiece:

D6EB3516-24E3-4270-816A-F983156223BA.jpeg

Last edited:
Anyone seen any info as to whether a cadaver dog was put through 46 HR? Their use was reported at the Nag’s Head, so I would guess the house would have been done on the same day.

Upstairs at the Acomb would also have been worth a look IMO but again, given that they had the cellar floor up I would guess NYP also had the dogs in there.

Last edited:
So sad. That is just so hard to comprehend, why didn't they ask Claudia's mother more questions?
of. course, you cant just believe everything a parent says, but I. suspect most mothers. know if their daughter is. the kind of person who. would leave their. slippers absolutely. tidy...youre either. that kind. of. person or you're not..its not something. you. would sometimes do

of. course, you cant just believe everything a parent says, but I. suspect most mothers. know if their daughter is. the kind of person who. would leave their. slippers absolutely. tidy...youre either. that kind. of. person or you're not..its not something. you. would sometimes do
I think, on little details like this, her mothers comments are invaluable, but, as regards the wider sweep of the case, she's understandably somewhat. blinkered by. her. view of Claudia as very innocent...which she may have been, of course, but. you need someone with a more objective viewpoint to assess that.
she was ...I don't know. if she still is....very keen. to blame kh for. Claudius disappearance...claudia would. have simply been in the wrong. place at. the wrong time...nothing to do. wiith her. mixing with. rogues, having affairs with other. women boyfriends or husbands or generally. upsetting someone...of. course, the police would have been only too delighted if it could have been wrapped up like this, but they obviously don't think the evidence stacks up...on the other hand, she has. said that she thinks the nags head is the key to it...dont know if she has any firm. ideas now

View attachment 385151

Crimewatch UK June 2009

Welcome LS, thanks for that. I think one of the items on the sofa is a block with the initial R. Could this have been staged to get a reaction from someone suspected of being involved? I can't make anything out on the other item. Blonderabbit might know. They are very good deciphering photos and videos

Crimewatch UK June 2009
The crimewatch 2009 reconstruction showed the two witness, one at Melrosegate bridge(left-handed smoker with hoodie) and grass near the water tower/university (heated argument of woman and man with black hoodie with car parked with door open). If Claudia wasn't seen outside her house door that morning where did she come from? Acomb is the opposite side of York so she wouldn't be coming in from that direction.

The crimewatch 2009 reconstruction showed the two witness, one at Melrosegate bridge(left-handed smoker with hoodie) and grass near the water tower/university (heated argument of woman and man with black hoodie with car parked with door open). If Claudia wasn't seen outside her house door that morning where did she come from? Acomb is the opposite side of York so she wouldn't be coming in from that directed.
The crimewatch 2009 reconstruction showed the two witness, one at Melrosegate bridge(left-handed smoker with hoodie) and grass near the water tower/university (heated argument of woman and man with black hoodie with car parked with door open). If Claudia wasn't seen outside her house door that morning where did she come from? Acomb is the opposite side of York so she wouldn't be coming in from that direction.
sorry...quoted twice. in error...hi susie...do you think the sighting was genuine or either mistaken or invented

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyMay