UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i apologize it was the son of one arrested poi that went abroad so not one of the 4 arrested..my bad

If the fire was to remove evidence of a body, you would hope that fragments of bone would have been found?
(Sorry if this upsets anyone). Possible that her body was transported in the car and then taken elsewhere?

according to York press the fire was 2011 and only small as they were dismantling the machine

Last edited by a moderator:
Not just possible but most likely !
No its a fair point PJ3. We have to be candid when discussing this and you're right. But remember that the fire occurred a few weeks before Claudia went missing. The point that is being made is that the Scrap Yard in Mansfield street and owned by the H brothers and LH was one of brothers, were clearly not operating to legislation laid down for vehicle disposal.[/QUOTE]
Hence the ‘rouge ‘adjective !?

Not just possible but most likely !
according to York press the fire was 2011 and only small as they were dismantling the machine[/QUOTE]
Your right @rehtnap, The fire occurred AFTER Claudia and in 2011.
Was an indication of Tardy disposal practice at yard though.
My error. Thanks for correcting

according to York press the fire was 2011 and only small as they were dismantling the machine
My error. Thanks for correcting[/QUOTE]

Do we know if the scrapyard was searched after Claudia went missing?

Do we know if the scrapyard was searched after Claudia went missing?[/QUOTE]
No. We don't. Not sure if it was on Police radar. Although LH was a past boyfriend and so you would think that they paid him a visit?

Do we know if the scrapyard was searched after Claudia went missing?[/QUOTE]
@rehtnap @MajorLang it’s you’re right...you see you don’t have to be a good speller to contribute here lol lol

Do we know if the scrapyard was searched after Claudia went missing?
No. We don't. Not sure if it was on Police radar. Although LH was a past boyfriend and so you would think that they paid him a visit?[/QUOTE]
Yes I believe they paid him a visit probably more than once

Re mystery boyfriend and personally I believe he exists but I do know some people believe he is an invention : Where would she have met him? She did not use the internet.It seems she always went out with one of her friends.
She would have met him ( for the first time ) in a public place I would have thought.who else was with her that day night and I’m not referring to the night before she disappeared.
We don’t know much about her trips to south Manchester.Did any of her friends go there with her ? Did any of her York friends ever meet her visitors ( for weekends) that came to see her from Manchester? questions questions but no answers?

Ah Yes that was Paul Cooper. He married a French girl. He returned to have his stag at York racecourse. He found out in March 2009 that his wife was pregnant. thanks for that @rehtnap
he was the one that worked at the travel agents if I remember right

Was that THE travel agent cl might have visited when she went out again for around 15 minutes after she was dropped at home ?

Once a vehicle is crushed, what is the next process? Somehow they would have to sort the metal from the plastics and glass?
That is normally done for cars BEFORE they go to the scrap Yard. Oil drained off, Airbags exploded, all recoverable parts and saleable bits removed. However, if a car goes straight to Go and doesn't collect the £200 then a fire could result.[/QUOTE]
depending on the equipment a scrap yard has basically the simple crusher just flattens the car so recyclables, fuel, contaminants, engine and gearbox are removed before that's done.next is the better more powerful machine that cubes the car and last is whats commonly referred to as the frag,,a fragmentation machine where if u wanted u can put the car in whole and it fragments the car into little pieces and then it sorts rubber ect to one pile,ferrous to another and non ferrous to a third. frags are very expensive so only the big metal recyclers have them. small fires in crushers are common, most crushers and frags have a fire dousing systems..

That is normally done for cars BEFORE they go to the scrap Yard. Oil drained off, Airbags exploded, all recoverable parts and saleable bits removed. However, if a car goes straight to Go and doesn't collect the £200 then a fire could result.
depending on the equipment a scrap yard has basically the simple crusher just flattens the car so recyclables, fuel, contaminants, engine and gearbox are removed before that's done.next is the better more powerful machine that cubes the car and last is whats commonly referred to as the frag,,a fragmentation machine where if u wanted u can put the car in whole and it fragments the car into little pieces and then it sorts rubber ect to one pile,ferrous to another and non ferrous to a third. frags are very expensive so only the big metal recyclers have them. small fires in crushers are common, most crushers and frags have a fire dousing systems..[/QUOTE]
Detailed knowledge here .Did you ever work in one ?

used
depending on the equipment a scrap yard has basically the simple crusher just flattens the car so recyclables, fuel, contaminants, engine and gearbox are removed before that's done.next is the better more powerful machine that cubes the car and last is whats commonly referred to as the frag,,a fragmentation machine where if u wanted u can put the car in whole and it fragments the car into little pieces and then it sorts rubber ect to one pile,ferrous to another and non ferrous to a third. frags are very expensive so only the big metal recyclers have them. small fires in crushers are common, most crushers and frags have a fire dousing systems..
Detailed knowledge here .Did you ever work in one ?[/QUOTE]
in my earlier days I worked for a company that did police recovery work and part of that was the disposal of crims cars..we used to take them to a frag...if u put a body in a car shell and cubed it then the body would be crushed bit it would be a messy operation, the chances some of the body didn't show would be slim..I just had a look on google earth 2009 and the one the brothers had looks like on that cubes the scrap..their yard was empty then.october 2009 they don't look like they delt with cars as such in fact they don't seem to have anything in the yard as far as scrap goes. they were of course as major points out coal merchants as well.when u look at future years the yard always seems empty,just small amount of scrap.trouble is as well they then have to dispose of the cubed car..if it went to metal recylers they would smell a rat..litteraly it would stink

used

Detailed knowledge here .Did you ever work in one ?
in my earlier days I worked for a company that did police recovery work and part of that was the disposal of crims cars..we used to take them to a frag...if u put a body in a car shell and cubed it then the body would be crushed bit it would be a messy operation, the chances some of the body didn't show would be slim..I just had a look on google earth 2009 and the one the brothers had looks like on that cubes the scrap..their yard was empty then.october 2009 they don't look like they delt with cars as such in fact they don't seem to have anything in the yard as far as scrap goes. they were of course as major points out coal merchants as well.when u look at future years the yard always seems empty,just small amount of scrap.trouble is as well they then have to dispose of the cubed car..if it went to metal recylers they would smell a rat..litteraly it would stink[/QUOTE]
It would @rehtnap but it wouldn't float either :)

Quartz travel? Wow did not know that. I thought he and his wife lived abroad/elsewhere in the country at the time. Paul Cooper worked at QT when Claudia went missing? How do you know?

Beth Horwell as scorned ex? Can only really place her motive above Lee's if Something happened between CL and BH new partner or if LH became so depressed but she stuck to her guns about the divorce, ergo the only way to ease his pain is to get rid of Claudia, otherwise LH has divorce settlement, a possible custody battle, etc, to contend with, and whatever else. Maybe she started seeing one of his friends and Lee snapped, or one of BH friends husbands even.
Who were the lawyers involved in LH divorce, SR/DR divorce? Is that the Ware and Kay connection? Revenge?
Was one of Claudia's affairs deemed the main factor in a divorce settlement/custody battle? Did someone rightly or wrongly see this as conspiratorial?
Was Steve Sammons in York on March 18th 2009? If so that's potentially as relevant as Ray's absence in terms of WHY THEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cases