UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe if she did lie about a new boyfriend it was because her colleague was making her feel uncomfortable, or maybe she was with an old boyfriend and she wanted to keep it quiet
Maybe he made one too many jokes about the thickness of carrots for her liking per his sniggering description of their banter in the documentary.

Maybe he made one too many jokes about the thickness of carrots for her liking per his sniggering description of their banter in the documentary.
That stood out to me. I thought if he think that's appropriate to share on tv, their "banter" was probably quite near the mark. I wondered if that was why she told him about her up all night scenario. I get the feeling one of CL's drivers in life may have been "to be liked".

That stood out to me. I thought if he think that's appropriate to share on tv, their "banter" was probably quite near the mark. I wondered if that was why she told him about her up all night scenario. I get the feeling one of CL's drivers in life may have been "to be liked".
Her friends more or less said so

Here is a report about the case from the Daily Mail a few days ago:

Documentary probes theories missing Claudia Lawrence is still alive | Daily Mail Online

People do disappear and are alive but in a case like this and the Maura Murray case I will unfortunately Claudia is dead via foul play. Remains to be seen or not but unless there is firm evidence I am not sure in my view that speculation in a documentary years later about her being alive helps that much with the investigation of the case. Perhaps it is more to do with selling the documentary. I will still watch though.

Another report:

New Claudia Lawrence documentary to explore theories about York woman's disappearance

Last edited:
just as interest where the apartments are I mentioned on little hallfield (arrowed) on the end of the road is a garage well 2 actually now I study the photo both well capable of repairing cl car..opposite is a car sales pitch and ooohh look a 5 door light coloured ford focus. ok theres thousands of ford focuses..the pics are aug 2008 so chances are they sold the car by 2009....just an odd coincidence and looking round the streets there are oodles of light coloured focus`s in 2008

Attachments

• garage.jpeg
    garage.jpeg
    97.6 KB · Views: 38
  • car.jpeg
    car.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 34
Last edited by a moderator:
question (I may have missed the answer)..in the footage taken from the bus that passed her house that night they identified the ford pick up but what about the car in front of it?

Attachments

• Bus CCTV1.jpg
    Bus CCTV1.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 60
  • Bus CCTV2.jpg
    Bus CCTV2.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 53
  • Bus CCTV23.jpg
    Bus CCTV23.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 51
question (I may have missed the answer)..in the footage taken from the bus that passed her house that night they identified the ford pick up but what about the car in front of it?
Great spot!

Might have been too polite to tell him she wasn't interested as she simply didn't fancy him, plus may have caused future difficulty or tension when working together

Claudia's disappearance is so strange that it beggars belief. You could almost believe that a sinkhole opened up during her walk to work on 19th March, swallowed her up and then closed again. I say almost, but because of one piece of evidence - her phone's explicit disconnection from the network, it proves otherwise.

the white van?..when I look on the video its parked outside quartz travel but all the lights are off in those buildings.the hairdressers however seems to be well illuminated ..is it just a case of someone doing work on the side and doesn't want to be involved..may be a dodgy character. may be claiming benefits yet working??..they must have interviewed the owner of the hairdressers but are they covering for him worried they may be had up as well...the person may well be nothing to do with cl disappearance just iffy for other reasons.what may have been ignored now falls under more serious offence and theres no statute of limitation on it :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

the white van?..when I look on the video its parked outside quartz travel but all the lights are off in those buildings.the hairdressers however seems to be well illuminated ..is it just a case of someone doing work on the side and doesn't want to be involved..may be a dodgy character. may be claiming benefits yet working??..they must have interviewed the owner of the hairdressers but are they covering for him worried they may be had up as well...the person may well be nothing to do with cl disappearance just iffy for other reasons.what may have been ignored now falls under more serious offence and theres no statute of limitation on it :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
It is a murder enquiry after all and so whilst the van driver may not have wanted to come forward for taxation reasons (Unlikely that police would report them to HMRC though) The hairdresser owner would surely not blink an eye to save a contractor who may have been doing work on the side in as I say, a murder enquiry.

Very good spot Rehtnap. Looks almost like a Scissor action the way they are parked. Perhaps fun and games at her house that night or some people seeking out her "New Boyfriend". People always talk about Claudia being the victim and what was the motive but was the "New Boyfriend" the victim and she was with him and got in the way. If he was from overseas or another area then perhaps his "Missing" just becomes an Immigrant "Flight" Staying beyond their Visa or holiday period?

ive tweked the vid a little and its confusing..theres a frame where it appears no car but then more frames where its clearly visable..I wondered if it was ghosting (ive done snap shot of the white van showing that).but from frame to frame it doesn't seem so..

Attachments

• Bus CCTVfilteredcar1.jpg
    Bus CCTVfilteredcar1.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 46
  • Bus CCTVfilteredcar.jpg
    Bus CCTVfilteredcar.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 50
  • Bus CCTVwhite van ghosting.jpg
    Bus CCTVwhite van ghosting.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 42
to me it looks like a sports car with the reg plate at an angle on the front bonnet and from a previous frame it hints of a short,private reg number....2 door..

Attachments

• Bus CCTVreg plate1.jpg
    Bus CCTVreg plate1.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 37
if it wasn't for reflective number plates we`d have him. :(

Attachments

• whitevan22.jpeg
    whitevan22.jpeg
    85.8 KB · Views: 35
watched the documentary again last night and why does jen seem to use the wrong expressions. .she said when the police investigation started in 2015 she wished" they would just rip off the bandage and get on with it"..she always hints of something o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member