UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You could always do a Freedom of Information request @MrsWatson
ongoing investigation they will all be classified.....
for all we know all they might have had on them is perverting the course of justice or something like that..shame they didn't charge them then we would have found out why...there could just be a sporadic serial killer going round..look at some in the past they kill then go to ground for years sometimes..fred west has allegedly 8 years with no kill..btk killer had a 15 year break...

the ponder with this is why didn't the cctv at the post office catch her walking to work..could be the same time she dropped her phone if someone was panicking to get her in a car
In spite of the fact there is no cctv footage of her walking to work,police still believe she went to work that morning.looks like she got into a car just outside her house

its one thing suspecting its another proving..where sex is concerned and its dodgy people keep quiet..

ongoing investigation they will all be classified.....
for all we know all they might have had on them is perverting the course of justice or something like that..shame they didn't charge them then we would have found out why...there could just be a sporadic serial killer going round..look at some in the past they kill then go to ground for years sometimes..fred west has allegedly 8 years with no kill..btk killer had a 15 year break...
Not necessarily @rehtnap A FOI request in the Corrie case (Bury St Edmunds) missing military guy revealed lots and that is still "ongoing" although I suspect that many in military circles wish it wasn't?

I wonder if there is a reporter who has followed the case from the beginning who could get hold of the transcripts or reports from those arrested & bailed? Or possibly even has them already?

I wonder if there is a reporter who has followed the case from the beginning who could get hold of the transcripts or reports from those arrested & bailed? Or possibly even has them already?
Would they have access? Great if they did. Never published in media though.

If they did have the transcripts, I'm sure there is information in there that legally, they couldn't publish. I would guess there would be more info redacted than available because of the ongoing investigation. Also, I would hope than any journalist who did have any info that's not widely known wouldn't jeopardise the case. Maybe sitting on it to write a book?

as already stated fukk of mistakes...my opinion of the reporting..outdated and garbage..typical lazy journalist if that's the best u can do then maybe a job change is a thought maybe????...
Unfortunate typo there rethnap but we get your drift. I suppose the best that can be said about that article is that it has raised the profile of the case in a big way. Wonder if there is a strategic reason for it appearing now?

Yes, we know of her best friend Liz who she messaged on the last night who lived in Malton. Was it not said that girls in Malton didn't like her?
Perhaps her mum has rose tinted specs?

Did the cops ever give any sort of explanation of why that picture of Claudia with the wrong hair color was used for the missing appeals? Just curious.

This case baffles me. Mostly because there's an answer, likely in her local, and yet no one has grassed. Which, hello, booze, bad deeds, people talk, relationships fall out. Yet not a peep.

Wouldn't we love to see the transcripts of the interviews done with all the people who were arrested then bailed?
We would love to see the transcripts of the statements but that would be wrong.
I would be mortified if my statement ever got out after all these are given in complete confidence .Clearly none of her friends know for sure what exactly happened to her but I bet they have suspicions but this is not enough.
I bet the police have heard of many minor wrong or questionable doings in their investigation of this case.But a possible murder has to be paramount .

Did the cops ever give any sort of explanation of why that picture of Claudia with the wrong hair color was used for the missing appeals? Just curious.

This case baffles me. Mostly because there's an answer, likely in her local, and yet no one has grassed. Which, hello, booze, bad deeds, people talk, relationships fall out. Yet not a peep.

Wouldn't we love to see the transcripts of the interviews done with all the people who were arrested then bailed?
The Wrong picture?
If it wasn’t for THAT picture I for one ,would not be here full stop !
—————————————————————-
I believe Claudia did not like her picture being taken ....can her friends and family give us a reason as to why !?
It looks like the police did not have many ( pictures) to choose from.In fact had to lift one of off a group photograph .

didn't she have a long term lover in Malton that everyone there knew was going on except it seems her parents..lets be hounest cl was no angel regardless of how the parents thought,but she was a single woman so why not??she just kept it out of the conversations
Yes true but I was picking up on JL's barbed comment about CLs friends. Quite revealing of what she thinks of the ones from Heworth including those who like to put themselves front and centre of any media articles.

@Popejohn3 all very valid points.

So, scrap that idea from me.
No mrs Watson don’t scrap your idea .Your idea might put the thought ( into police mind )of releasing SOME of the info .
After all this whole case is shrouded in too many secrets possibly because Claudia happens to be a solicitor’s daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay