UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But back to the ramblings of tonight. I found them quite unnecessary @rehtnap
I consider myself told off :oops:..tis a most serious affair and no place for humour:(..ill have a word with myself and tell him to stop talking to me:confused:...
I only ramble to amuse pc plod computer watcher, brightens up his day.;)...

No reply to my PM about the lightning bolt and the severed tree branch I see ......
I found it interesting. Havent got round to posing questions to it yet though. There is sadly less interest on this forum at the moment due to much disraction
I consider myself told off :oops:..tis a most serious affair and no place for humour:(..ill have a word with myself and tell him to stop talking to me:confused:...
I only ramble to amuse pc plod computer watcher, brightens up his day.;)...
Its ok @rehtnap,
Sometimes a bit of humour is good.
I felt that I had a bit of a beating up yesterday over my Blog.

It's the only work out there that is updated at least daily and if it's wrong it gets corrected(How many Blogs can you say that about?) but sometimes people question bits of it before checking first also.

I only have it because ALL forums are too unwieldy to navigate, threads get consolidated when lengthy and if you're new or just returning to this case after some time out it helps.

Thank you @Popejohn3 Its not perfect but then if you look at MSM the errors they have over days, times, facts that they have just copied from competitor media sites, then its not bad, even though I say myself.
The latest version is here:

Claudia Lawrence-Who was she and Who took her?
If you haven't read it in last 4 weeks you will notice that there are many additions.

Im sure that the best cops and criminologists have all had a go at this case (Macintyre and William-Thomas have found nothing new-Again, despite having greater access to police contacts) but sometimes people like us, who are fresh from the constrains and politics of policing come in without blinkers and can make a difference. I am guilty of taking this case too seriously at times. In addition some of us have skills that law enforcement don't have and that can make a big difference.

We have to all be here for one another and criticise constructively.

I found it interesting. Havent got round to posing questions to it yet though. There is sadly less interest on this forum at the moment due to much disraction

Its ok @rehtnap,
Sometimes a bit of humour is good.
I felt that I had a bit of a beating up yesterday over my Blog.

It's the only work out there that is updated at least daily and if it's wrong it gets corrected(How many Blogs can you say that about?) but sometimes people question bits of it before checking first also.

I only have it because ALL forums are too unwieldy to navigate, threads get consolidated when lengthy and if you're new or just returning to this case after some time out it helps.

Thank you @Popejohn3 Its not perfect but then if you look at MSM the errors they have over days, times, facts that they have just copied from competitor media sites, then its not bad, even though I say myself.
The latest version is here:

Claudia Lawrence-Who was she and Who took her?
If you haven't read it in last 4 weeks you will notice that there are many additions.

Im sure that the best cops and criminologists have all had a go at this case (Macintyre and William-Thomas have found nothing new-Again, despite having greater access to police contacts) but sometimes people like us, who are fresh from the constrains and politics of policing come in without blinkers and can make a difference. I am guilty of taking this case too seriously at times. In addition some of us have skills that law enforcement don't have and that can make a big difference.

We have to all be here for one another and criticise constructively.
:):):)

Do you know something.This might sound ridiculous to some but I reckon if All family and friends ,colleagues and all innocent interviewees got together say in the Nags Head there would be a chance of clearing this case within an afternoon!
All the pieces to the jigsaw are there.Too many police.Top Heavy as Suzy Cooper once said !

ah that's the risk of blogs and social media...whats with the lightning bolt?????...like u say in reality the cops have had a dedicated team on this at times and have way more evidence than we ever see..its always the way and the risk that such discussions become theories which then can morph into fact when in reality there never was anything there in the first place.. ive never understood what a criminologist does..ive watched them on the tv and all they do is point out what everyone already knows and consider it a profession.most seem media grabbing monkeys to me

Last edited by a moderator:
wonder if they ever get tempted to leak out duff info like...amazing new cctv enhancement may lead to identity of dark man.....make them sweat????

wonder if they ever get tempted to leak out duff info like...amazing new cctv enhancement may lead to identity of dark man.....make them sweat????
@rehtnap Thats what they have been doing all along-Enhanced DNA (Checking Familial connections)and F/ Prints at Claudias in 2015 and house searches. Showing pictures of hair straighteners in Forensic boxes following house searches. I don't mind as long as they get them.

Joan wanted to
Do you know something.This might sound ridiculous to some but I reckon if All family and friends ,colleagues and all innocent interviewees got together say in the Nags Head there would be a chance of clearing this case within an afternoon!
All the pieces to the jigsaw are there.Too many police.Top Heavy as Suzy Cooper once said !
Joan wanted to go to the Nag's one day and ask the people about her daughter's disappearance and if they know something. I found it a bit dangerous ...

the problem u have doing that is u don't have all the facts the police do..where as its a great idea say having an unlimited budget to keep going over the case u have to step so carefully with the already hounded innocent that it may be a fruitless task..u need to know the why she went missing and from the released info it does appear that at least some of the "locals" know more than they wish to say..it may be "innocent" in as much not illegal in itself but damaging if it got out..i don't know say s&m partner swapping,u get the drift..this may already be know to plod but they arnt going to say to us humble lot...

my gut feeling is on the night she didn't reply to her last received text as she fell asleep..woke running late in the morning and the ford focus picker her up, may be pre arranged or just arrived..she wasn't caught by the cctv where she posted some thing as far as we know and wasn't caught by the cctv that filmed the ford...like the police say identify the ford and or dark man and ur a heck of the way there.what part dark man has in it is hard to tell..i would have thought the ford would have been caught on the shop cctv at the end of heworth road theres only 2 ways out of that road.Of course the ford could be a £50 special from the motor auction a favourite of the petty criminal as a pool car so near untraceable to an owner!

major do we know which house the box with the hair straighteners was taken from?

Joan wanted to

Joan wanted to go to the Nag's one day and ask the people about her daughter's disappearance and if they know something. I found it a bit dangerous ...
I think it was a good idea .

my gut feeling is on the night she didn't reply to her last received text as she fell asleep..woke running late in the morning and the ford focus picker her up, may be pre arranged or just arrived..she wasn't caught by the cctv where she posted some thing as far as we know and wasn't caught by the cctv that filmed the ford...like the police say identify the ford and or dark man and ur a heck of the way there.what part dark man has in it is hard to tell..i would have thought the ford would have been caught on the shop cctv at the end of heworth road theres only 2 ways out of that road.Of course the ford could be a £50 special from the motor auction a favourite of the petty criminal as a pool car so near untraceable to an owner!
For someone who likes to joke a lot , you seem to have been cracking on with your homework...stay a while crocodile .

It’s not if you read back the Major reveals it
@Popejohn3 @rehtnap PJ3 you make a good point. Many people come to this thread, many bring skill, information, theories and vision and this is good.

I like to help people at first if they are new-hence my Blog, if its not in there let me know and I will consider but its a pretty good source if you want to understand the case.

There are other people who come into this thread who don't even bother to Google for an answer, I had to to get started. They expect others to tell them everything. it's almost as though they are lazy journo's who are bottom feeding off others.

As PJ says, She / He will admit that at first it was easier to ask others the answers rather than seek their own. Seeking your own allows to see perhaps a different perspective and bring something new.
If I gave you the answer to your question @rehtnap that you posed at 08:52 GMT I would be doing the above but also putting my comments to risk and so please-Look for yourself.
You may bring humour and some snide comments to this thread but you were already clued up before you joined and PJ3 is spot on here.

As the saying goes-If you do stay then please "Bring food to the table Dave."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member