UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Ms is more of a Billy no mates type, probably Couldn't believe his luck that claudia 20 years younger and attractive would be friendly with him, worked for mental health charity and was a volunteer samaritan, I know people like that have snapped before, but he wouldn't be top of my list
I agree, he's not top of my list either but more likely than DO IMO. I think DO suddenly remembering CL had spent the night with a mystery man a year later suspicious af but I'm not convinced he killed her. I think the police believed the 4 POIs were involved and they believed it enough to send the evidence to CPS, which can't be ignored, they just didn't have enough to prosecute. MOO

Andyboy post: I think Ms is more of a Billy no mates type, probably Couldn't believe his luck that claudia 20 years younger and attractive would be friendly with him, worked for mental health charity and was a volunteer samaritan, I know people like that have snapped before, but he wouldn't be top of my list

MS worked in the Biology labs at York Uni at the time of her disappearance.

I agree completely about the type of people the POI most likely are. Are you suggesting they are innocent but the way they behaved during the investigation put the spotlight on them? I'm more inclined to agree with your theory that MS heard about CL overnight rendezvous and jealousy tipped him over the edge. I'd love to know what the police had on him when he was arrested, obviously not enough to charge and convict but there must have been something.. MOO
Did they not arrest MS because he had previous?

Andyboy post: I think Ms is more of a Billy no mates type, probably Couldn't believe his luck that claudia 20 years younger and attractive would be friendly with him, worked for mental health charity and was a volunteer samaritan, I know people like that have snapped before, but he wouldn't be top of my list

MS worked in the Biology labs at York Uni at the time of her disappearance.
I know, used to pick her up for work sometimes and have a drink in the nags head with her

I agree completely about the type of people the POI most likely are. Are you suggesting they are innocent but the way they behaved during the investigation put the spotlight on them? I'm more inclined to agree with your theory that MS heard about CL overnight rendezvous and jealousy tipped him over the edge. I'd love to know what the police had on him when he was arrested, obviously not enough to charge and convict but there must have been something.. MOO
The way they behaved definately put them in the spotlight their lifestyle would strengthen any police interest. But if the police realised they had made a major C***** u* re the search dogs findings what better way to deflect and public attention. remember Ray Galloway was removed from the case .
I dont know the name of the mystery man I suspect DO does..
It just my opinion

The way they behaved definately put them in the spotlight their lifestyle would strengthen any police interest. But if the police realised they had made a major C***** u* re the search dogs findings what better way to deflect and public attention. remember Ray Galloway was removed from the case .
I dont know the name of the mystery man I suspect DO does..
It just my opinion

Last edited:
I agree, he's not top of my list either but more likely than DO IMO. I think DO suddenly remembering CL had spent the night with a mystery man a year later suspicious af but I'm not convinced he killed her. I think the police believed the 4 POIs were involved and they believed it enough to send the evidence to CPS, which can't be ignored, they just didn't have enough to prosecute. MOO
But was the focus on the 4 compounded by one specific piece of evidence and this formed the basis of the case taken to the CPS which wasnt enough to prosecute them.
When Dai Malyn said in his interview we we believe people are lying to us..most people immediately thought he was referring to the Nags Head crowd.. but in reality what happened. David Oxer comes forward and says he now remembers a vital piece of evidence that Claudia told him about a mystery lover only days before she disappeared. Now did he have a memory relapse or was he lying?
Did Dai Malyn's comments play on his concious

Last edited:
But was the focus on the 4 compounded by one specific piece of evidence and this formed the basis of the case taken to the CPS which wasnt enough to prosecute them.
When Dai Malyn said in his interview we we believe people are lying to us..most people immediately thought he was referring to the Nags Head crowd.. but in reality what happened. David Oxer comes forward and says he now remembers a vital piece of evidence that Claudia told him about a mystery lover only days before she disappeared. Now did he have a memory relapse or was he lying?

DO coming forward after all that time is suspicious, no doubt about it and I do think he knows something more... But I believe the Police have got good reason to be focusing on the 4 main POI's. They keep saying the 'answer lies locally' and that is with good reason.

They need to keep up the pressure on the local community and the POIs because that is where the missing puzzle piece is. Sadly, because of the focus on Claudia's personal life there doesn't seem to be a hunger for the truth, the feeling that a real tragedy has happened. But that's what it is, regardless of who she had relationships with or chose how to live her life it was cut short and that is nothing short of tragic. And now we are sadly in the stage of a 'reactive' investigation.

I read on a discussion forum that someone who knew the POIs who had 'had a pop at her' were laughing about the whole thing. Those are not friends. They were opportunists, users and eventually killers who are hiding the truth. One of her friends in particular is very vocal about the effect the investigation has had on her life, but she never talks about her search for justice and truth...I know we can't expect people to react and behave as we would, but it's a very selfish approach in my opinion.

Everyone is entitled to their own theories, but I will be following where the evidence takes me and that is in the local community around people who say they cared for her.

I really hope we can find that missing puzzle piece and bring Claudia home to her family.

I'd be intrigued to know how many genuine suspects the police have, I would think the number would be very low, and very local, I don't believe it was anyway accidental, the fact that virtually no real evidence exists means to me that it had to be thought out and planned, not just luck involved here I believe

But DO came forward 1 year after CL disappeared, Dai Malyn didn't take over the case until 2013 when they began a review, so DO had already came forward and given his information long before Dai Malyn stated they were still being lied to. I believe the police know exactly who killed CL, they probably know why too, what they don't have is enough evidence to proceed to prosecution. MOO

I
DO coming forward after all that time is suspicious, no doubt about it and I do think he knows something more... But I believe the Police have got good reason to be focusing on the 4 main POI's. They keep saying the 'answer lies locally' and that is with good reason.

They need to keep up the pressure on the local community and the POIs because that is where the missing puzzle piece is. Sadly, because of the focus on Claudia's personal life there doesn't seem to be a hunger for the truth, the feeling that a real tragedy has happened. But that's what it is, regardless of who she had relationships with or chose how to live her life it was cut short and that is nothing short of tragic. And now we are sadly in the stage of a 'reactive' investigation.

I read on a discussion forum that someone who knew the POIs who had 'had a pop at her' were laughing about the whole thing. Those are not friends. They were opportunists, users and eventually killers who are hiding the truth. One of her friends in particular is very vocal about the effect the investigation has had on her life, but she never talks about her search for justice and truth...I know we can't expect people to react and behave as we would, but it's a very selfish approach in my opinion.

Everyone is entitled to their own theories, but I will be following where the evidence takes me and that is in the local community around people who say they cared for her.

I really hope we can find that missing puzzle piece and bring Claudia home to her family.
I think you’re wrong ... not local !

Very early on in the case, 4 of CLs 'friends/acquaintances' from the pub went on a BBC tv programme called Missing Live. They wanted to speak up about Claudia and raise awareness that she was still missing. I have been unable to find a copy of this recording anywhere and I would very much like to study it as people are often still 'off guard' during the early stages of a case when spontaneous comments are made that might be worded more carefully, or not at all, once a case progresses. The guests were JK, SC, GF and PR and if anyone comes across a video recording or even the transcript of the show, I'd like to see it!

Very early on in the case, 4 of CLs 'friends/acquaintances' from the pub went on a BBC tv programme called Missing Live. They wanted to speak up about Claudia and raise awareness that she was still missing. I have been unable to find a copy of this recording anywhere and I would very much like to study it as people are often still 'off guard' during the early stages of a case when spontaneous comments are made that might be worded more carefully, or not at all, once a case progresses. The guests were JK, SC, GF and PR and if anyone comes across a video recording or even the transcript of the show, I'd like to see it!
Have you tried contacting the BBC Archive department

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member